GT Sport - General discussion about what we know so far - Updated twice - 10/28/15

Does what we know so far excite you about GTSport?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no issue with payouts. That was without the credit trick. Imo, it was closer to how an amatuer race driver goes about getting his car into the race scene. Plus you could buy one car to use for multiple series'. Even the Honda Fit worked fine for a a lot of the early events. The payouts were helped when seasonals came out. And then a little later in time they increased.

Its so easy to criticize PD for things but so hard to give them their due credit isnt it. But this is only early GT6. I dont know if relatively low payouts will continue for GT Sport. No one does.
Yes, there's no problem getting through the career with the low payouts, that's what it's designed for. Try going online with your Honda Fit or early selection of beaters and see how much fun it is. What it's not designed to do is support the players who want to race with their friends online, unless everyone agrees to buy the same kind of cars so they can have some competition. I'm guessing PD sees this as an issue, and the Sports Mode will be targeted to people like me that only want to race online and tune, and have no interest in tying together their offline career with their online racing garage. We'll have to wait and see when the game releases how it plays out.

I dont play online for 600pp cars only. Those low-pp beaters give some close racing and allow you to take in the fun of driving without worrying if you can keep pace with cheat cars like the gsx-r or the c8. Thats why cruise rooms are so popular, its not always about those high-dollar supercars or race gt's. That in itself is the beauty of Gran Turismo.

The game needs to give you the choice though, not force you to start with the slow cars and easy races if you don't want to. For those who GTS is their first GT game then sure, they'll probably want to start at the bottom but the choice should be there for the veteran players. No matter how amazingly good the career mode is in GTS, I will still get no excitement doing 6 car beginner races with slow cars. I personally want to jump straight in with something quite nippy against a full field of 16/24 cars and have a race against competent, fast AI.

To progress through the GT6 career you are forced to complete events like:

"A race event aimed at novice drivers who've just bought their first car. Test your skills in this entry-level challenge."

Whether you are indeed a novice or a veteran, you have to do it. GT needs to start offering that choice, and GTS seems like our best shot at that.

Arcade mode should have all cars available and a race/event editor, then the career can be the general game progression system.

Arcade mode should have all cars available and a race/event editor, then the career can be the general game progression system.
Unless you can take the cars online, having all cars in arcade mode doesn't help the online racer at all.

The career still needs to have options, choices depending on your skill. In the real world you wouldn't have veteran racers of five years start back at the very bottom every season. Next season Lewis Hamilton won't need to accelerate and stop at 1000m, do a cone slalom or be told about basic car characteristics overtaking a Fiat 500 to renew his Super License.

It's also the same about climing the ladder. In the real world you can progress through 5/6 feeder series to get to the top, or if you're good enough you do a Max Verstappen and take several jumps right to the top.

We need that flexibility, that choice. Not "You must do these beginner races".

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back