GT Sport GR Supra Cup Returns for 2020

I can understand why they did it but personally preferred the enforced one shot

Yep, they ruined the only good thing about this championship. It's the aspect that makes it feel the most real. Now it's just like Nations/Manu. No consequences at all if you mess up slot 1, just retry next slot.

I expect lots of carnage at the heavy braking zones at next race at La Sarthe :ill:

Yep, they ruined the only good thing about this championship. It's the aspect that makes it feel the most real. Now it's just like Nations/Manu. No consequences at all if you mess up slot 1, just retry next slot.

I expect lots of carnage at the heavy braking zones at next race at La Sarthe :ill:

Yes. The one slot was very simple. Now the first slot will be for idiots that didnt practice and just want to try it. Second slot will be desperation hour.

Not sure if adding a second slot is tacit acknowledgement by PD of higher number of disconnects or server issues this season (as it was 1 slot for all of last year).

Example being that for EMEA, the entire top split for Round 1 got disconnected with no second chance (which tends to cause a stir on Twitter).

In any case, as someone who spent several hours practising for both Rounds this season, only to get disconnected from both, this is a good thing.

Not sure if adding a second slot is tacit acknowledgement by PD of higher number of disconnects or server issues this season (as it was 1 slot for all of last year).

Example being that for EMEA, the entire top split for Round 1 got disconnected with no second chance (which tends to cause a stir on Twitter).

In any case, as someone who spent several hours practising for both Rounds this season, only to get disconnected from both, this is a good thing.

Good point on the disconnect issues. I've only been dropped once, a long time ago.

The solution is to fix the servers, not adding more slots at the cost of the quality of racing.

If you disconnect from both slots (which is very likely given the issues you've been having), what's next? Have races run every hour like the dailies? :lol:

Finally been uploading my races from the past season. I didn't take part in the Nurburgring race because I knew the potential for chaos/carnage was too high, and watching the replay of the Fuji race showed that there was a ton of chaos, but luckily it was all behind me.

Had a fun race even though I botched qualifying by running wide on the second last corner and invalidating my qualifying time.

Went from 19th to 2nd in a little over one lap, just didnt have the pace to close on the lead car. (Having no idea about the braking points didn't help)

Last edited:
Just got disconnected from the second slot.
I did OK in the first slot but there was definitely room for improvement (as well as room to do much worse). I was on track for possibly my quickest ever lap in qualifying, but I got some overseer coming out of the Porsche curves and ended up doing a 360 on the final straight. A 4:58 was ok but I could've been about 7th or 8th. I wasn't too phased until the grid start where one car had stalled on the grid and the unlucky one to collect them was me. I knew from practice that just using a hair of the kurb entering Indianapolis would earn you a penalty and I violated this on lap 1. Luckily that was the only time. Got caught up in some shenanigans and ended up 13th. Not too bad. Could have been worse but could have been better.

Just done a practice run and it definitely gets a bit/very twitchy towards the end. Always makes me wonder about trying a pit strategy!

Looks like it might be a chaotic race though and from the times I've seen people doing, it seems better to be in a group (if you're clean) than on your own. Need to find myself a willing dance partner for qualifying

Edit: just watched @Mistah_MCA 's guide - 30s for a pit stop?? Sod that!

Last edited:
So, which corner is going to be the biggest disaster zone today? I'm assuming Indianpolis.

Indianapolis was surprisingly good, apart from me getting a penalty for touching the inside kerb with a quarter of a tyre.
The Dunlop chicane wasn't too bad. The worst place was Mulsane corner, ON EVERY LAP!

Is this going to be a no stopper or if not, how bad are the tires on 3 laps?
Yep. They're fine though - I ran the whole race with TCS off (except the start) - and the car only really started to struggle at Arnage on lap four.

@stpatty and I had a Greek chap in our race who apparently couldn't pass without sticking his nose into your three quarter and nudging you off line. He went from 10th to 3rd doing that, without a penalty. I got 0.5s through the Esses on lap 1 because he ran me off the road - completely unpunished, of course...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200607172128.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200607172148.jpg

This constitutes a 1 second track limits penalty. Famine in the background there having no sympathy and eventually beating me by .200 seconds

:censored:this 🤬🤬 wast of :censored:time:censored:race

Was in with @SmokeyMR2

Qualified alone, made a mistake in sector 1 which cost me about a second(tyres weren't warm enough) but was solid for the rest of the lap and got 7th.

Got off the line great, up to 5th after the Dunlop Chicane. All you want now is a clean half a lap and the race will begin to settle down. Had a clean run down to the first chicane, then on the turn in to the second I get one guy t-bone me from 0.4 back then the guy behind him smashed straight into the back of me. I almost took out 2nd-4th places as I slid sideways across the chicane. Down to last but one and a 1s penalty because obviously it was my fault. From being 2s and four places behind the lead I was 14s and seventeen places behind.

Then progress is slow as people are towing each other along, I got up to 15th by the end of L2 with my eyes on finishing at least 12th, and I get smashed again. This time into the first chicane by a guy who was nearly 0.7s back when I hit the braking zone, he spins me round and I'm up against the barrier I'm facing. Reverse back to the track, threatened with DQ, down to last and 9s behind the next guy, and that was where I finished.

Done with it. People clearly can't race and/or don't practice with the car and I'm fed up of being the victim of their mistakes while they get to carry on with no damage to their race at all

Last edited:
Yep. They're fine though - I ran the whole race with TCS off (except the start) - and the car only really started to struggle at Arnage on lap four.

@stpatty and I had a Greek chap in our race who apparently couldn't pass without sticking his nose into your three quarter and nudging you off line. He went from 10th to 3rd doing that, without a penalty. I got 0.5s through the Esses on lap 1 because he ran me off the road - completely unpunished, of course...
He was alright when he went past me. I ruined the German guy in our group at Mulsanne, he turned in on me at the apex after I'd lunged him. He'd been dropping off up to that point and seemed too focused on what was going on behind him to drive smoothly.

Are you alright if I put our last lap on youtube and post it here? That was fun.

:censored:this 🤬🤬 wast of :censored:time:censored:race

Was in with @SmokeyMR2

Qualified alone, made a mistake in sector 1 which cost me about a second(tyres weren't warm enough) but was solid for the rest of the lap and got 7th.

Got off the line great, up to 5th after the Dunlop Chicane. All you want now is a clean half a lap and the race will begin to settle down. Had a clean run down to the first chicane, then on the turn in to the second I get one guy t-bone me from 0.4 back then the guy behind him smashed straight into the back of me. I almost took out 2nd-4th places as I slid sideways across the chicane. Down to last but one and a 1s penalty because obviously it was my fault. From being 2s and four places behind the lead I was 14s and seventeen places behind.

Then progress is slow as people are towing each other along, I got up to 15th by the end of L2 with my eyes on finishing at least 12th, and I get smashed again. This time into the first chicane by a guy who was nearly 0.7s back when I hit the braking zone. Down to last, 9s behind the next guy, and that was where I finished.

Done with it. People clearly can't race and/or don't practice with the car and I'm fed up of being the victim of their mistakes while they get to carry on with no damage to their race at all
In the post-race chat for me two guys were arguing

"use brake"
"I did, I just braked later than you"

Watch the replay, car in front brakes for the second chicane at the normal point, car behind is about 20 yards beyond there once he starts

Great stuff

Are you alright if I put our last lap on youtube and post it here? That was fun.
Yeah sure.

Flick back to lap one, second chicane from my POV (and also last lap, Mulsanne) if you want a good laugh :D

In the post-race chat for me two guys were arguing

"use brake"
"I did, I just braked later than you"

Watch the replay, car in front brakes for the second chicane at the normal point, car behind is about 20 yards beyond there once he starts

Great stuff

People simply don't adjust to braking after having a tow down a straight. I probably brake slightly earlier than I could but not enough to invite dives from half a second back! They think they can brake at the normal point, all three cars that hit me were missing the chicanes by a mile, the one that drove into the back of me on L1 would have missed it completely. I didn't realise who it was at first but after the race he was talking about the brakes being bad on the car (then I watched the replay and saw who it was who hit me), the brakes are the same on everyone's car! No excuse for it

Today's race in a nutshell:

Didn't get much practice in, unfortunately. I started 10th and completely butchered the first Mulsanne chicane on the first lap. Got a 0.5s penalty for being too aggressive with the final chicanes on lap 2. I spent the race fighting to stay in the top 10.

Then this happened on the last lap:

Not my finest moment, I'll admit. I went berserk when I got the penalty for the low speed collision and hounded the guy down to Arnage where I accidentally punted the guy into the gravel in my rage-fueled aggression. My rage turned into confusion when I got nothing for the punt besides a drop in SR. I finished 9th after passing someone who had made a mistake. I apologised to the guy I punted off, but didn't get a response.

I also took a bunch of photos of my car in the lovely French sunset (livery by me):

uKNAKwY.jpg

1BvSLl7.jpg

kAW4dRW.jpg

ESZUWPO.jpg

wGLXM2P.jpg

So here's a brief video of how my race went from being potentially very good to definitely very bad. I could have survived the first contact with some time loss but it put me in firing line of the torpedo and I had no chance with the second

And here's a shot of just how far back he was as we approached the braking zone, I'm two cars ahead!

Screenshot_20200607-224820_PS Messages.jpg

I don't think it was deliberate, he actually slowed before the normal braking mark, he just totally misjudged the rest of his braking and was never getting round the corner. It's disappointing from my perspective that he never attempted to turn right and bail out of it

Back