GT Sport GR Supra Cup Returns for 2020

So sorry if asked already, but any substantial difference between the '19 and '20 Supras, for the Nordschleife race? I know that my own limitations will be the bigger factor, but is there a consensus that the older one is a little easier to manage through the Green Hell?!?

My car snapped left at the exit of the Schumacher S on my qualifying lap, dragging me back to 12th on the grid. I got spun around at T1 and ended up stuck in a scrap with some window-lickers who went 2-wide at EVERY GODDAMN OPPORTUNITY, and to cap it all off, I lost 9th to a rear-ending at the Kleine Karussell which resulted in absolutely no penalty for the rammer.

I might as well have stuck my hands in a George Foreman for 20 minutes.

I avoided today, because although I'm pretty decent at the 'Ring generally (title of your sextape) due to not falling off (also title of your sextape), it's a race track you can only race at with other people who know the rules. In GTS online it's a recipe for disaster as people don't seem to comprehend that six yards isn't enough for two (or more) cars and one racing line.

And it appears my choice was justified.

Here’s how my race ended picking up an extra place for 4th in the last corners. This guy didn’t think what he did was dirty. He tries to force me off track, ok I know I was only half on but it was a legit move as I see it, his defending is definitely unsportsmanlike. And the attempt to pit manoeuvre me at the end was also a bit dirty I’m my view.

Last edited:
Well here's my steady but 'uneventful' race in the 2020 Supra GR Cup today at Nurburgring 24hr.

I started 7th as I've been a bit 'sleepy' all day today and was not really properly awake for the race but I still managed to finish 5th but I possibly could have been battling 3rd/4th as didn't realize I had saved enough fuel round lap 1 to not need to pit so I was happy to finish 5th.

The next race will be a memorable one as the round on 7th June is also my birthday and it's at Circuit De La Sarthe so looking forward to that one!

Here's the video of my race, you can tell the moment's I was dozing off...

Way to ruin my good mood after 2 FIA wins last night...

Shouldn't have bothered today as I lost 1200 DR points!🤬

You patiently wait for the opportunity to cleanly pass the Italian who is holding you up, all the time losing qualifying positions, and he does this:

And in the race, he took every opportunity to take me out again, from the first corner onwards.🤬
Lowlights (4 minutes):

P14 to P18 for 24 pts, "Personal best..." whoopee.:rolleyes: Only bright point was a nice power slide (in the video).

{Edit: And I forgot to mention the ridiculously soft door-rubbing penalty - around 40s into that video - 1 second for nothing!}

I won't bother with the North American race. Night off instead. Just not worth the grief.

He left immediately post-race to avoid recriminations.

Last edited:
Way to ruin my good mood after 2 FIA wins last night...

Shouldn't have bothered today as I lost 1200 DR points!🤬

You patiently wait for the opportunity to cleanly pass the Italian who is holding you up, all the time losing qualifying positions, and he does this:

And in the race, he took every opportunity to take me out again, from the first corner onwards.🤬
Lowlights (4 minutes):

P14 to P18 for 24 pts, "Personal best..." whoopee.:rolleyes: Only bright point was a nice power slide (in the video).

I won't bother with the North American race. Night off instead. Just not worth the grief.

He left immediately post-race to avoid recriminations.

hmm, not one to sit out races when I'm free to join, but nothing but bad news from the reports in EU and Asia/Australia so far. Might have to reconsider my plan to race Round 2 tonight! Any good news from people out there?

From the reports so far it's probably just as well I missed this round due to family stuff. Shame as I like the ring and I'm quite competitive around there.
One slot at 4pm UK time is not good, PD should run several time slots and allow you to register for one only.

WTH is going on? I came to enter, and it’s moved on to the next round with no option to enter?

I would have read this to say t he race started at 8:15??

upload_2020-5-17_19-43-58.png

I feel sad for people who don't race on this track and such because of amateur drivers. I imagine these are the sort of race fans that would look at a race that has 2 overtakes and call it a good race.
Take a step back and find that spark that is the reason why you fell in love with motor racing in the first place. Find the love and enjoyment again. If it means not racing online again then so be it, just find your racing niche!

I feel sad for people who don't race on this track and such because of amateur drivers. I imagine these are the sort of race fans that would look at a race that has 2 overtakes and call it a good race.
Take a step back and find that spark that is the reason why you fell in love with motor racing in the first place. Find the love and enjoyment again. If it means not racing online again then so be it, just find your racing niche!
The green hell is extremely rewarding if you do well but also soul destroying if it all goes wrong.

Check out this Esports race. I didn't make it past The start and 2nd corner (about 5:50).
These are professional top drivers who do this day and day out!
They are driving 750hp cars at around 1500kgs on smaller than gt tyres with no TCS or ABS........ Does that count?

Not Supra but I thought it might ease the mind of some who feel a bit hard done by (as we all do sometimes).

I was worried after the early reports of mayhem, but considering my DR has been tanked over the last couple of weeks I figured what the hell. I’m happy I did. Qualified pole and ran away with it.
That’s probably the only good thing to come out of my recent DR spiral. Only saw1 person called out after, so I’m guessing it was pretty clean.

I love the 'Ring and have been looking forward to this one for weeks. I qualified 2nd and after the leader made a small mistake heading onto the back straight on lap 1, there wasn't much to write home about. And that's just fine by me. :D
win053fia.jpg

North America - low A/S lobby (18 A/S and 2 B/S)

I was car 15, and gained over 1,400 DR now at 33,xxx DR.

I love the 'Ring and have been looking forward to this one for weeks. I qualified 2nd and after the leader made a small mistake heading onto the back straight on lap 1, there wasn't much to write home about. And that's just fine by me. :DView attachment 921739

North America - low A/S lobby (18 A/S and 2 B/S)

I was car 15, and gained over 1,400 DR now at 33,xxx DR.
Nice! Makes me feel like I really missed out. What time did it start? I tried to enter at 7:35 and it wasn’t even showing, it was showing round 3.

Going for an overtake there was never going to go well. In a car like that you need pretty much the entire width of the track when approaching the final corner at top speed and adapting to a car coming alongside is very hard. If anything this might be one of the better case scenarios. It looks like the other guy actually had a way harder time saving it and for the reasons pointed out I don't think the contact was intentional to begin with.

Last edited:
Going for an overtake there was never going to go well. In a car like that you need pretty much the entire width of the track when approaching the final corner at top speed and adapting to a car coming alongside is very hard. If anything this might be one of the better case scenarios. It looks like the other guy actually had a way harder time saving it and for the reasons pointed out I don't think the contact was intentional to begin with.
I was hoping he'd nope out of it first. :lol: That contact with the grass got my car feeling super sketchy, which lead to the door banging and had to slow down if I didn't want to spin myself into the shadow realm.

Yeah, his tires were more worn than mine.

Players only have one opportunity at each race. For all but rounds two and three this takes place at 1800 JST for Asia, 1800 AEST for Oceania, 1600 UTC for Europe, 2100 BRT for South and Central America, and 2000 EST for North America. For the two longer races the slot is 30 minutes earlier.
Round 3 at June 7 on Sarthe begins 30 minutes earlier than other rounds.

There are some people who just don't think the rules apply to them, or don't comprehend them. Despite being pointed to them over and over again, they're just absolutely oblivious to any form of agreed framework, or simply think they're above such concerns, even when they're absolutely clear and unequivocal.

When the rules are less clear these people just become a menace, and when you add in a system that punishes other people for the mistakes of these imbeciles, you're left with something that is ultimately frustrating to be a part of and simply not worth investing the time - especially when you're talking about hours of practice in addition to the 45 minutes of your Sunday afternoon.

A narrow track with only a single line magnifies the frustration, because these dip****s are too stupid or too arrogant to comprehend that there are places you can pass and places you cannot, and they do not deserve to inherit a position by right simply because they think they are faster. They blithely stick their noses in where they don't belong and ruin other people's races. Sometimes, if we're really lucky, they ruin their own too - but that's of little value if you've wasted all that time because a complete moron doesn't grasp the basic concepts of sharing a race track.

Other circuits, with some room available to avoid these cretins, go some way to reducing that frustration - it lets them have their own stupid accidents without involving anyone else (and without bouncing back onto the track to **** up anyone a few seconds further back). It also allows you to have enjoyable races with people who race hard but do understand that cars alongside cannot simply vanish because you want to be there (like the excellent race I had in Manufacturers at Sardegna on Saturday), and don't try to force their car into a space that doesn't exist.

The Nordschleife section of the Nurburgring is only a race track for people who understand how to race. As soon as you put in people with misplaced, unshakeable belief in their own ability and a mindset that justifies any action they take as correct because they are special, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

I'll spend my Sundays, and my gaming time, enjoying things, thanks. If that makes you feel sad, I'll live with it.

Last edited:
7:30 start time. I think it was half an hour earlier than round 1 was.
Well the entry page was mighty confusing then, as it listed the window to enter opening at 7:30, and closing 45 minutes later— which given the long lap times, made perfect sense for a Free Practice session, which is typical of online races. Bummer.

Latest Posts

Back