GT Sport GR Supra Cup Returns for 2020

I guess it's time to update this livery from last year, because I'm ready to kick some serious butt this time.

20190412220041.jpg

Okay, everyone reading this thread. Pay attention. Stay focused because, if PDI/GR offer another survey at the end of the GR Supra Cup, don't be complaining you didn't get the GT4 Supra when(most likely) it'll be gifted before the next Gran Turismo. Heck, maybe even as a claimed gift, when players buy the next Gran Turismo.

Well I guess I shall have to update my Supra accordingly for the 2020 season.

Good the races are going to be on a Sunday as I was a bit worried I might not be able to make the one time slot of 16:00 but it's all good
for me those dates in the article.

Look forward to the details on the actual race soon, hopefully I will be a bit better experienced this time round!

Looks fun, although without wanting to sound like a broken record, with a Hamster on top, jumping up and down, the present, crappy penalty system will cause problems no doubt......

Although I calculate that PD will have 2 opportunities with updates to fix it, before the series begins, fingers crossed they create a miracle! :dopey:

I was pumped for last years but after doing the 1st 2 races I could not be bothered doing anymore with the ridiculous fuel saving. I have a pessimistic feeling that it'll be the same this year, seeing how much fuel saving is involved in the 2020 pre-season :(
I’m probably the only person who actually enjoyed the strategy and fuel saving aspect of these races.

I'll give it a try this time. I didn't understand the format, like FIAs. Now I do.
They should use the Gr4 Supra! ;)

JK.
Why so serious brah!?

The biggest problem for me was people being able to punt from a long way back since the cars take a while to brake so you are in the punting danger zone even if you are out of slipstream range.

Was this the same as FIA where your total score was based on a certain amount of races?

5 of 7 of those tracks are pretty decent, might end up tacking a crack at this**.

**Pending it's not a fuel saving series like last year.

Was hoping they would use another car, or even switch up the tracks (everything except Laguna is exact same as last year). C'mon PD, we know you're not the most creative developers around, but try to make an effort than just copy paste the whole championship from last year.

This is also worrying:

Racing on a level playing field puts more emphasis on tyre management strategies than on overall speed, and if last season is anything to go by, we are in once again for a great deal of drama. Many of the top drivers from the FIA Gran Turismo Championships also participated, with the 2019 Nations Cup Champion Mikail Hizal taking also the Supra GT Cup crown.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_4107138.html

OutlookNotSoGood.jpg

One thing about the same races, it's similar to a real world series. They do the same tracks year on year with maybe a new or alternate venue.
It'd be like always going to Daytona or Mount Panorama, etc.

I did good at Fuji last time. Maybe I'll go well this year.

Were the fuel and tire multipliers the same every round? Or did they mess with them? In the last series.
It varied from track to track. Most races were possible without stopping, but it was sometimes faster to pit. Most people complained about it but for me it was fun to be out front with faster cars that had pitted chasing me down or vice versa.

I was still using automatic transmission last time so my strategies were limited. My best races were at Le Mans, Willow Springs and Suzuka. Maybe I'll enjoy it a bit more if it's easier for me to be competitive, but the best races by far for me were the ones where you could drive as hard as you could.

Back