GT Sport Hacks?

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 203 comments
So, do you guys that found the glitch know what triggered the glitch itself?

Would be great for PD to fix it.

I just made a screenshot of the PSN conversation with the permission of the people involved, currently writing the report, I'll post that in a dedicated thread once it is finished.

After reading this, my money is that there's a tire glitch. That's the simplest explanation as to how he can be so fast and stay off the line. Everyone is on RH, but he's actually on RM or RS tires.

Jerome

After reading this, my money is that there's a tire glitch. That's the simplest explanation as to how he can be so fast and stay off the line. Everyone is on RH, but he's actually on RM or RS tires.

Jerome

I'm fairly certain that that wouldn't do it, even on RSS I couldn't brake as late as he did for the life of me, even running 1.2 seconds faster at Interlagos. I also couldn't beat his last sector time despite going 5mph faster through the last corner.

@GT_Alex74 I'll collect some videos together for you.

No its not that they use different tyres, also with soft tyres RA had way more grip then everyone else, it looks like 'they' have no understeer or almost no understeer.

Curious about this. And watched a certain replay today and am even more curious/convinced.

Whatever it is, while I do think people should be made aware of it, it'll suck if people figure out the trigger and exploit it until PD fixes it. Like all them Megane drivers :lol:

@Mr P

IMO, CSA only makes faster the people who can't* push a car to the limit without it. The main advantage it has is make you more consistent, especially with tire wear.

*for several reasons such as lack of skill, controller input, unfamiliarity with a car, etc.

@Mr P

IMO, CSA only makes faster the people who can't* push a car to the limit without it. The main advantage it has is make you more consistent, especially with tire wear.

*for several reasons such as lack of skill, controller input, unfamiliarity with a car, etc.

+100

I can't use CSA because I countersteer while it's countersteering and it flings me into the wall.

I’m just going to go out and say it! I don’t need to speculate as I’ve played a lot of GT sport in the past month, like lots! Maybe 16-18hrs a day maybe. And all of a sudden, using steering wheel set up, handling feels different, can normally drive most cars without any tcs and now I’m using full tcs and car is spinning. The Play Station4 and GT Sport has been hacked. There is a manipulation of BOP everything, 3 error codes in12 hrs. However I believe it is directly related to certain players not the console itself, I save all my replays and have noticed certain things were dots become joined!

ab67616d0000b273ce05bfc595ff75d54c7b577b

I’m just going to go out and say it! I don’t need to speculate as I’ve played a lot of GT sport in the past month, like lots! Maybe 16-18hrs a day maybe. And all of a sudden, using steering wheel set up, handling feels different, can normally drive most cars without any tcs and now I’m using full tcs and car is spinning. The Play Station4 and GT Sport has been hacked. There is a manipulation of BOP everything, 3 error codes in12 hrs. However I believe it is directly related to certain players not the console itself, I save all my replays and have noticed certain things were dots become joined!
Do you mean that when you are near particular players, your car spins out? Has this happened in more than one race when near the same player? I know there is a hack in another game where you can make players near you lose control like this, so it's not totally impossible that what you describe is happening. However, there are other possible explanations. Are you aware of kerb glitches where some specific kerbs on some tracks have been known to suddenly spin a car out of control for no obvious reason? Also, there is the ABS glitch that could cause a loss of control when braking. It could also perhaps be lag contact. I once had a race where I twice suddenly spun out when near another car. There was no contact on my screen. I've never had it in any other race.

Do you mean that when you are near particular players, your car spins out? Has this happened in more than one race when near the same player? I know there is a hack in another game where you can make players near you lose control like this, so it's not totally impossible that what you describe is happening. However, there are other possible explanations. Are you aware of kerb glitches where some specific kerbs on some tracks have been known to suddenly spin a car out of control for no obvious reason? Also, there is the ABS glitch that could cause a loss of control when braking. It could also perhaps be lag contact. I once had a race where I twice suddenly spun out when near another car. There was no contact on my screen. I've never had it in any other race.
Fortunately for me I and I suggest you do the same I save all my replays, in the last few days that willow was up it was doing my head in, 5 days earlier with the same lap times I was getting 4 clean races in a row combined with 2 poles, 2 firsts and 2 fastest laps, then all of a sudden 5 days later I’m 3-4 seconds slower had to put tcs up from 1 to 3 to feel the same as in qualifying/practice that alone is proof, can’t stay on track seem to spin when a certain car was near by, in the end there are certain plausible answers but they all involve cheaters and people hacking the game so to speak. You can see right from the loading screen where it shows who will be in the race, if you watch carefully you will see the screen flicker, some flags are blacked out and no name then pop up comes one or however many decide that it’s your race they want to ruin for their advantage. I have seem far to many coincidences for it to be ignored plus my player has certainly been the target of a group that have decided they would rather go out there and punt people instead of helping new players improve their ability. Having worked my way from low D upto almost B and back down again at least 6 times in the past week, meanwhile coaching a younger player who is now middle b it just seems uncanny that certain players appear in my race out of the blue even when DR is miles apart so they are either bot accounts that have attaches to my profile or they are specific players targeting certain players because they get their kicks out of watching others suffer. I have even had to talk a friend out of doing something really stupid because this game is all he has and he just gets targeted every race! It’s just so sad to think people enjoy doing this. Anyway the best way that I confirmed it was to create a second account and do the same race, with out qualifying and guess what, yep I use a wheel and did a a time in a race that was equal to my second best qualifying lap one handed with no tcs!!! It was like a Sunday drive on a 4 lane road compared to my main account driving on a gravel road! So I don’t need any more proof although someone did let it slip to me in a chat last night a player with a rating of A+ and S which just infuriates me as yeah I could be A+ and S but I’m not a cheater and if that means I’m going to be a D rated driver forever well I’d rather be D and cheat free than A+ and cheat any day of the week! Knowing that I’m pulling times that are so close to their times anyway! That must really annoy them!

And honestly I’m just about at the point now where if us honest players out there are going to have to put up with this I’m just going to move on and play another game or move off the platform completely. I mean the game promotes that it is FIA sanctioned or approved or what ever. IMO anyone found to be using cheats should be banned for life! No new accounts, even next the next generation of the game and console just flat out do not pass go do not collect $200 bye see you never go and play solitaire by yourself, public notice put up in game banned! It has destroyed the integrity of the FIA, Sony and Polyphony I just don’t understand why they haven’t done more to stamp it out! But like with anything the people will talk with there feet! Such a shame really

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately for me I and I suggest you do the same I save all my replays, in the last few days that willow was up it was doing my head in, 5 days earlier with the same lap times I was getting 4 clean races in a row combined with 2 poles, 2 firsts and 2 fastest laps, then all of a sudden 5 days later I’m 3-4 seconds slower had to put tcs up from 1 to 3 to feel the same as in qualifying/practice that alone is proof, can’t stay on track seem to spin when a certain car was near by, in the end there are certain plausible answers but they all involve cheaters and people hacking the game so to speak. You can see right from the loading screen where it shows who will be in the race, if you watch carefully you will see the screen flicker, some flags are blacked out and no name then pop up comes one or however many decide that it’s your race they want to ruin for their advantage. I have seem far to many coincidences for it to be ignored plus my player has certainly been the target of a group that have decided they would rather go out there and punt people instead of helping new players improve their ability. Having worked my way from low D upto almost B and back down again at least 6 times in the past week, meanwhile coaching a younger player who is now middle b it just seems uncanny that certain players appear in my race out of the blue even when DR is miles apart so they are either bot accounts that have attaches to my profile or they are specific players targeting certain players because they get their kicks out of watching others suffer. I have even had to talk a friend out of doing something really stupid because this game is all he has and he just gets targeted every race! It’s just so sad to think people enjoy doing this. Anyway the best way that I confirmed it was to create a second account and do the same race, with out qualifying and guess what, yep I use a wheel and did a a time in a race that was equal to my second best qualifying lap one handed with no tcs!!! It was like a Sunday drive on a 4 lane road compared to my main account driving on a gravel road!
Okay, so to separate these into the individual claims:
1. Different behaviour of cars on different accounts. Have you checked none of your settings have got changed? I have found that settings in the game can change even if you haven't changed them, e.g. you change one setting, and an unrelated setting gets changed by the game.
2. Something strange happening on the loading screen with late loading of some player details. If you shared a recording of this, others could say if they've had the same thing.
3. Drivers with very different DR in the same race. This can happen legitimately. You can also legitimately keep seeing the same much higher rated drivers in the same race. Depending on the time of day and region, you can be in top split at quite a low DR. Highly rated drivers will often be very aggressive in trying to pass lower rated drivers in daily races, because they can lose a lot of DR if they lose to much lower rated drivers.
4. Spinning on multiple occasions for no obvious reason when the same specific other player is nearby. If you share some video footage of a whole race, so people can see how you're driving the same bit of track each time compared to when you spin, someone might be able to offer some useful insight.

Do you always go out on the track for the warm up? There is at least one glitch that is known to happen if you don't do this.

Okay, so to separate these into the individual claims:
1. Different behaviour of cars on different accounts. Have you checked none of your settings have got changed? I have found that settings in the game can change even if you haven't changed them, e.g. you change one setting, and an unrelated setting gets changed by the game.
2. Something strange happening on the loading screen with late loading of some player details. If you shared a recording of this, others could say if they've had the same thing.
3. Drivers with very different DR in the same race. This can happen legitimately. You can also legitimately keep seeing the same much higher rated drivers in the same race. Depending on the time of day and region, you can be in top split at quite a low DR. Highly rated drivers will often be very aggressive in trying to pass lower rated drivers in daily races, because they can lose a lot of DR if they lose to much lower rated drivers.
4. Spinning on multiple occasions for no obvious reason when the same specific other player is nearby. If you share some video footage of a whole race, so people can see how you're driving the same bit of track each time compared to when you spin, someone might be able to offer some useful insight.

Do you always go out on the track for the warm up? There is at least one glitch that is known to happen if you don't do this.
Look to be perfectly honest I’m over it, urs they are extraordinary claims as soon as someone pointed out some of the things that can happen I started to pay more attention to them. A good comparison perhaps is the 20odd laps I did in practice/qualifying vs the 5 laps of the race, and I just know myself and how I drive, the times that I was doing in qualifying not boasting by any means but I should have been able to just pull away and not look back. Interestingly no I generally don’t do the warm up as I have felt that I loose my focus from my qualifying laps and the lines I was running. The other comparison would be a race I did earlier vs later, I’m online in the game now having just reinitialised everything perhaps we could meet up, I don’t feel comfortable sharing here as yet. But happy to do it privately. The biggest comparison though was doing a race with the account affected vs a brand new account and just wow. That was my reaction and again we are talking 2 races one after the other. I just think it’s sad that people feel they have to do this to win, if you see my stats you would see it took a long time to get quick but I did it, through patience learning the track and repeating it over and over. Talking to other drivers that were quicker and asking if they would go to a lobby so I can drive with them learn their lines and get any tips I could

A good comparison perhaps is the 20odd laps I did in practice/qualifying vs the 5 laps of the race, and I just know myself and how I drive, the times that I was doing in qualifying not boasting by any means but I should have been able to just pull away and not look back.
Grip is lower in online races.

Vs in the qualifying for the same race, because up until 3 days ago it was exactly the same this is in the daily races BTW
If Race A or B, I believe you start with cold tyres. Race C has cold tyres, maximum fuel plus tyre wear. It's normal to have less grip in the race versus qualifying.

If you look around the forum, you'll see a lot of replays. It's perfectly safe to share them.

Is it though? I mean universe forbid he do such and face scrutiny for knee jerk claims he made and then have any realization it was probably not worth it cause it obviously wasn't as nefarious as he'd thought.

Why else claim he's not comfortable doing something that as you pointed out is done all the time by others.

It's obvious his mind is set on this is happening and it could possibly him. "Not muh setup, never, must be evil hacker players".

So yeah it is perfectly safe to those who aren't irrationally looking at a situation.

Last edited:
If Race A or B, I believe you start with cold tyres. Race C has cold tyres, maximum fuel plus tyre wear. It's normal to have less grip in the race versus qualifying.
So you mean the I have less grip on day 7 than I do on day 1 ok cool, whatever I know what I’ve seen and what I have just experienced right now after reinstall just confirms everything! Let alone a drive that I was driving with last night literally saying it looks like you have this.... and I use ..... never mind move on I guess

Let's clear some things up...

In races with no tire wear, there is no "cold tires' effect. The tire model is static if tire wear is not enabled. In theory you should be able to match your qualy time if you run a good enough lap, but most people struggle to put together the same kind of race-pace as their qualy time. This is normal.

In races with no fuel consumption, your gas tank is simulated as empty. So you have the lightest car possible, therefore can achieve quicker times.

In races with tire wear on, your tires are cold in the beginning of the race until you've taken a few corners, or in some cases run a whole lap (short track, hard tires). You will never be able to lap as fast with tire wear on as you can with it off, unless you simply put together a much better lap or you have slipstream in the race.

In races with fuel consumption on, your car is heaviest with a full tank and lightest with an empty tank.

Yeah I have a few! Don’t really feel comfortable posting here but if you want to provide an alternative happy to share privately at this stage
The thing to do is to post them, but don't make any controversial claims about what they show. Just say where in the video something of interest happens, and ask if anyone can explain what caused it. Don't put any PSN IDs in the text of your post.

So you mean the I have less grip on day 7 than I do on day 1 ok cool, whatever I know what I’ve seen and what I have just experienced right now after reinstall just confirms everything! Let alone a drive that I was driving with last night literally saying it looks like you have this.... and I use ..... never mind move on I guess
Well we are trying to help you with the issue. You can't blame experienced players from not knowing what your problem is when you refuse to provide any evidence. Happy racing to you. Whatever your issue was.

yeah I could be A+ and S but I’m not a cheater

Right so I found your kudos profile, found your 3 videos at Tokyo and I'm sorry to say mate but you have a long way to go before getting to B let alone A with that driving into walls and going down the straights at half throttle,

Go practice some more instead making up stories to justify your lack of pace

Attachments

• 158325997273783014130702456707.jpg
    158325997273783014130702456707.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 56
Back