GT Sport Has Received 103 Free Cars & 32 Tracks Since Release

No wonder the DLC is free when the game launched with so little content and most of the cars are essentially old assets. I think that’s the point people are trying to make when saying it hasn’t been free. Otherwise I don’t know.

I’m very grateful though because PD could have kept all this additional content to themselves and saved it for a future title. Keep it coming in 2019 and 2020. :D

The mental gymnastics in this thread are hilarious. Much respect to PD for not locking these cars and tracks behind a season pass like many other developers do.
I don't know about mental gymnastics, but you did make me realize a pretty solid point. I paid for DLC for a bunch of the cars in AC. So it shouldn't be a problem for me to shell out a few bucks to get the cars I want in GT. If I wanted them bad enough, I guess I'd do one or the other.

I don't know about mental gymnastics, but you did make me realize a pretty solid point. I paid for DLC for a bunch of the cars in AC. So it shouldn't be a problem for me to shell out a few bucks to get the cars I want in GT. If I wanted them bad enough, I guess I'd do one or the other.

So you came onto a GT Sport thread to moan about free post-launch content updates somehow 'not being free', only to admit to actively buying post-launch content for a different game?

I would say that free time us something that's,taken for granted. My free time is earned, and I work hard for that
In light of the mental gymnastics of this thread, which of these is the most applicable?

(A) Troll
(B) Plebe
(C) A and B
(D) SPA

I like mental gymnastics, there no physical part of it. You only have to do the routine in your mind.

So you came onto a GT Sport thread to moan about free post-launch content updates somehow 'not being free', only to admit to actively buying post-launch content for a different game?
But I didn't complain about it, did I? My point is that for me, this content is unobtainable without paying actual money due to time constraints. "I wouldn't quite call them free" is what I said, and this was what I meant.

My "admission" above was more of a realization of something I hadn't been able to put my finger on previously: why do I happily throw money at AC DLC, but can't bare to microtransact in GT?

I'll end in saying that I'm very happy for PD, that they've found a way to keep GT relevant today while maintaining their typical high quality standards. I've really come to appreciate that quality now that I also play other sims. And they're doing better than I ever would have thought as far as post-launch support.

I hope there no more Visions Gt lol

I am pretty ambivalent towards them. I just wish they raced in their own seperate class. We got nearly all of them at this point so would be pointless to end them now. The Tesla, Lamborghini and Giugiaro projects do have me intrigued though. We are still getting a steady stream of "real" cars anyway. So it isn't a problem for me.

Kaz / PD - I Appreciate ALL of the totally FREE DLC !!! :bowdown:👍:cheers: Many Thanks for all of your efforts thus far, to improve & expand GT Sport.

The Game at Launch was a little lacking in Track & Vehicle content, compared to most of the competition.:(:rolleyes::grumpy:
And we're all still hoping for some Variable weather effects & Night Racing on all tracks. :D:D:D Please...

The initial emphasis on 100% on-line Gaming was probably ill-conceived, but was, I believe, well-intentioned. 💡
Real (i.e. Human) Players will always be more Individualistic / Realistic than A.I. Racers. :cool:
But PD "forgot" that there are loads of Cheating 🤬 's out there, in Virtual Racing Land. And unless you have a fool-proof way to stop the Idiots :dunce: & Scumbags :crazy: from getting any sort of Rewards for their circumventing the Rules of Real Racing. You're very likely to end up P'ing off the people who like to Race Clean. :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

The Single Player Races are of Interest to all those fed-up with the on-line Bumper-cars. However, a lot of them are far too easy, unless you artificially give yourself a crap car or tyre selection.
Surely PD could "add" additional Difficulty settings / tyre / fuel wear to each race, as a selectable option ? This would extend the Game's life a bit.👍

Likewise the License Tests...we've done the Golds on Basic & Intermediate...When are the Advanced ones going to Appear ? :bowdown:

Thanks Again PD/Kaz.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to All GT Sport fans. :gtpflag:

Kaz and PD "Tussy-Footing and Feet Draggin"

I love the game but the 500 cars is what i was expecting for the anniversary. Oh well....

He paid to have the game in the first place, just like you and I. Why can't people seem to grasp this concept when it's brought up? Just because the DLC itself doesn't have a price, you kind of have to own to the game to use the DLC. Pretty sure the game isn't free to buy in the first place.

This is, like, next-level, paradigm-shifting, I-can-see-the-code-behind-the-Matrix grade pedantry.

The C in DLC stands for "content" - typically referring to content attached to a pre-existing product. Sometimes those products cost money, and sometimes they don't, but it has no bearing on what the DLC costs.

It'd be like someone handing you a free beer, and then saying that beer wasn't REALLY free because of all the food you had to buy to stay alive long enough to drink it.

No wonder the DLC is free when the game launched with so little content and most of the cars are essentially old assets. I think that’s the point people are trying to make when saying it hasn’t been free. Otherwise I don’t know.

I’m very grateful though because PD could have kept all this additional content to themselves and saved it for a future title. Keep it coming in 2019 and 2020. :D

Old assets ? They had to make it from ground up. I hope for PS5 though they don't have to do it again. I am actually very surprised they supported this game for free for a year. For GT game the content was low but there was enough content for a casual racing fan. I personally despise buying DLC and buy complete edition of games on sale. They could have made money as DLC is a huge profit for game companies. They stuck to their guns and have done amazing job.

Back