GT Sport Impressions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 376 comments
I spent a couple of hours making my Firestone Advan livery for my Vantage GT3.

Arcade mode is a step up from GT6, way more options to customize a race and 24hr endurance is back!

Visuals and sound are improved from GT6, not industry leading in sound but visuals are killer! What I expected there.

This game's presentation makes other offerings look really unpolished in their menus. So beautiful!

AI still needs some work, but on professional the first place car can give me a run for my money sometimes. That Purple GT3 RS vs GT by Citroen Gr.4 duel I had on Dragon Trail was really fun.

Photomode is worth 60$ alone, so much to do with liveries and scapes. So little time...

People keep mentioning crashing and the like, I haven't encountered any issues yet after playing all morning.

PD's original offerings of cars and tracks are masterful as ever. Dragontrail reverse is my favourite. I really want that crazy FR Peugeot Vision.

I know all this won't be enough to save the game for everyone, but I think you're missing out if you didn't even try the demo.

Handling brilliant on the controller

Presentation is excellent

Racing is poor. Even on the AI's highest setting it is still an absolute walkover. On a same make custom race, with 20 on the grid, you can still get 3rd on the 1st lap from starting in 20th place on the grid (maybe 1st if you are really good).

They can make a driving simulator I'll give them that, but they just can't make a decent racing game for toffees

Handling brilliant on the controller

Presentation is excellent

Racing is poor. Even on the AI's highest setting it is still an absolute walkover. On a same make custom race, with 20 on the grid, you can still get 3rd on the 1st lap from starting in 20th place on the grid (maybe 1st if you are really good).

They can make a driving simulator I'll give them that, but they just can't make a decent racing game for toffees

You have to delete boost.

Well, it looks and sounds good. Had a quick play with the livery editor and was very impressed. Though on the racing front my feeling is a bit meh so far. I think some more practice is in order, plus I'm on DS4 at the moment as my DFP isn't compatible (might get a G29). Also I'm not the greatest fan of online racing (set times, what's that all about?) and I think I'm going to miss the traditional career mode and upgrading car bits.

The game looks and feels really good. I'm using the T150 and works excellent with the game. The game still has some issues. Last 3 online races failed after qualifying. 2 Times disconnect and 1 black screen. :-/

You have to delete boost.

Right yes I did do that. Is there any way to turn it off globally in the generic arcade races?

I think my issue of its too easy stems from me selecting to race the Alfa 4C, it seems to pair it with some competition that the 4C is able to completely outrun. I tried it with a car from my garage, a NSX, and the AI wasn't so much of a walkover.

If I recall correctly Gran Turismo has always had this hasn't it? Poorly constructed field of cars in races against your own car sometimes.

Here is what I don't like: Lack of proper customization, have to unlock tracks for arcade mode, the car sounds still aren't perfect, and the ai is still too easy even on the hardest difficulty!

Here is what I do like: EVERYTHING ELSE!!! :D

(set times, what's that all about?)

Better than AC, where you never get to actually race, as all the rooms spend all night in practice :lol:

GT5P had all time best on-line racing. Pick a car/track combo (only a couple to choose from), press enter, and when the room was full, away you went. Brilliant racing if you coordinated start times with a few of your mates.

Here's my thoughts, so far
  • I've been playing the game with my Logitech Driving Force Pro via a self-constructed GIMX adapter emulating a Logitech G29, and the performance and experience has been great so far. Although sometimes it's rather tough to countersteer once you're past 90 degrees on a particular side, it's still very good, and I was easily able to transition to the physics after a few laps.
  • The "Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition" is out for fender ketchup without driving aids on. I've never been more frustrated driving a car that's as pissy as this one is.
  • They brought most of the classic GT songs back. When I heard "All My Life" and "Looking For You", as well as "What To Believe" by Daiki Kasho, my ears and my eyes lit up.
  • The AI is absolutely mean on higher difficulties. It doesn't matter to them how unsafe a pass is, how longer is a section before the corner, or if you have the right of passage on your driving line, they will just plow right through with no regard for your sanity. For example, after the wave of S-curves on Dragontail Seaside on the right-hander that goes into the chicane, the AI will assign itself to a mission just to pass you by any means necessary before it eats the wall at the end.

I've been quite irritated by how no matter how clean and neat I race, they just throw themselves at me to pass me. It's lead to a lot of restarts just to make a photo-finish clean replay.

• Although this is just my thoughts from the demo version, the always-online connectivity is going to be a huge letdown for those who always want to be playing, but then again, any game that launches always has a rocky starting road with online services. GTA V was similar, but eventually it got better; it just depends how diligently PoDi works to keep players as least frustrated as possible.

This game is a massive return to form after GT6.

Where is this 30 lap race I keep hearing about? I can't find it.

Lobby not accessible. Error code NE-2100038D. That's after successful connection to the server.

Mission 6-8. 30 laps of Magione in a Porsche 991RSR against a mixed grid of 30 cars. It's a good one 👍

To add. I predict GTS will out-sell PC2 4:1.

More, I think. 10:1 maybe.

GTS is extremely polished and casual-racer-friendly. PCars2 messed up big-time by being released in a buggy state, so it's now got a bad reputation even though the core of the game is amazing. PCars2's driving physics and FFB is way better than GTS's, but it's currently still so unrefined and full of bugs that I just don't want to play it. Maybe in half a year when the lack of GTS's content will bore me and PCars2 get polished, I'll go back.

My experience after 3 hours playing tell me that Im going to sell the Project Cars 2 bought last week.
Im playing with G29 and the feeling is so different, PC2 menus and loads are eternal, bugs allaround, FFB in PC2 impossible to understand, useless cars setups...
I really was wondering to change after all GT saga ive done, but this year will be GT again.

Great graphics so far.

Braking seems slow.

Anyone get the thrustmaster th8a shifter to work?

Anyone get Options to work?

I think the game is doing something brilliant right now. Aside from now Career mode (which was a mistake on PD's side) and no really customization/tuning options, the game is pretty great. The Mission races on level six are kicking my butt and I've only managed a silver on them all. So the AI must be better, or I'm just a crap racer which is a really good possibility. Lol

Had a little time to play around with the RCF Gr.4 on Dragon Trail. In some ways it feels like GT6 but better.

Still waiting to get the Mustang Gr.4 :)

Quick impressions so far:

• Graphics on point
  • Lighting is superb
  • Physics feel much different to GT6 on a wheel.
  • Custom Race seems to have plenty of options
  • Scapes camera has a mind-boggling amount of settings
  • Sounds are up in the air right now: Some seem better (road cars), others are disappointing (SLS GT3 and AMG GT3)
  • AI looks to be behaving different from GT6. Will need to do more races.
So far, so familiar in the typical GT way.

I'm impressed, but not yet sold. The lack of a dedicated off line career mode has me in rwo minds. I like a good fall back and while the Arcade is entertaing (the best arcade in any gt game) it isn't enough. I'd like to see what comes down the line via dlc, but I'd be sore if the guts of the game was online.

Loving this game. I enjoy replays too which are top notch. You now have replay options where you can choose between two camera types, standard Vs variable..wish you still had the multibamgle interior view options as well but don't mind the absence overall. Glad to have pre ordered this game

XXI
I'm finding the Interlagos Sprint Race quite challenging. The AI are properly quick and fight back...What!!!
I see you my friend sitting on 1st place there @Stotty what lap did you pit?

Quite enjoyed that one, but the car is a bit dead... would be better with the rear toe removed and a looser diff (I noticed the stock settings were the same as in GT6 when I adjusted them in my free car... rear toe +0.5, very tight diff settings).

The lap I pitted on was the one before you run out of fuel (I ran out 1st time I tried it :D)... 3?

Right my impressions...

Loving it so far, GT games always had that polish/smooth finished feeling that no other games had. THAT was the biggest thing missing from GT5 & GT6, the frame rate drops, the standard cars, the loading.
From the demo I'm glad this was delayed until now as it looks amazing and most important runs silky smooth.

I was worried about the new original tracks but the ones I have tried so far are great for both time trials and racing. The Porsche Driving mission springs to mind.

The lack of cars and tracks (no spa! No lê mans!) will no doubt be an issue in months to come until we get dlc but from this demo I can't honestly say this feels like it will be a finished product on release (minus the cars and tracks)unlike GT 5&6.
GT's physics were already great they just needed a polish game to run them in.

Even when the demo comes up with errors and I can't join that online race I'm happy browsing the beautiful menus, checking out all the scapes locations or just reading the timelines in the museum.
Haven't even tried the livery editor so can't vouch for that but the rest is looking amazing :)

More, I think. 10:1 maybe.

GTS is extremely polished and casual-racer-friendly. PCars2 messed up big-time by being released in a buggy state, so it's now got a bad reputation even though the core of the game is amazing. PCars2's driving physics and FFB is way better than GTS's, but it's currently still so unrefined and full of bugs that I just don't want to play it. Maybe in half a year when the lack of GTS's content will bore me and PCars2 get polished, I'll go back.

10:1 really? So if PCars sells 1m across all platforms GT Sport will sell 10m on PS4?

Absolute bollocks, nonsense

I can see GT doing 10m to be honest. its a big franchise.

Server issues a bit frustrating, but this is why we are getting a demo. Reminds me of the good old days of GT.

Back