GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll spend A LOT of time in scapes and livery editor creating my own designs for my cars.

We, something is still something compared to nothing.
I mean atleast we have livery editor no matter how much brands, shapes etc. it has. They may and more in a future update or packs via DLC

I imagined it was ferrari being annoying again with stock liveries, you can probably make your own though so no big deal.

I really dislike naked racecars when they're next to fully done up cars, even just having a number plate and some of Ferrari's official sponsors would be nice. Scuderia Rosso looks good on it's own and doesn't need much.

But 458 without livery is the only car now (except Peugeot VGT) looking slightly out of place in Gr.3 because of it's nudity. I hope PD will add at least some real liveries, like AF Corse or SMP Racing.

Every time I see this gif....

It sticks out so much.

Every time I see this gif....

It sticks out so much.

Ugh, that's so awkward. If the races are meant to give the feeling of competing in a professional-level event, then all of the cars should have liveries. It doesn't even need real-life companies for it to fit in (IMO); just something to make the race look believable.

Will the livery editor be available in single player/ offline as well? I hope this feature isnt locked off to online only.

Will the livery editor be available in single player/ offline as well? I hope this feature isnt locked off to online only.
We really don't know anything about it at this point, just that it's going to be in the game.

In GT5/6 i couldn't drive any road car on slicks due to lack of imagination... Tried few replica tunes, but they always felt more like arcade road cars than actual race cars.
Livery editor is what i'm waiting the most from Gt Sport, but wont get upset if it's just one of the many Kaz's promises.

Have we seen this and other photos from the GTS website?

Attachments

• i14YShoOwodQ7SB.jpg
    i14YShoOwodQ7SB.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 111
Oh the Livery Editor...something that been promised all the way back in the GT HD days and wasn't delivered until now.

I kinda want to recreate some of the classic liveries from Gran Turismo 1 and 2. Toyota FT-1 Gr.3 with Castrol Livery? Nissan GTR GT3 with R33 Le Man or Pennzoil livery? Dodge Viper GR.3 with GTS-R Mobil livery? YES PLEASE!

On the other hand, um...are we gonna end up seeing someone with a Hatsune Miku livery on his BMW...

maxresdefault.jpg

Along with the other...things...

Love-Live_MP4-12C.jpg

God no, I don't wanna any of that based crap. :indiff:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/2...-steering-wheels-and-shifting-gears-ign-first

One of the best pieces of news following the GT Sport announcement was that the cars can be decked out with custom liveries, and Yamauchi demonstrates the system in his office. It’s far, far more in-depth than I’d actually expected. It’s a fully-featured editor – you can choose from pre-made decals and shapes, or you can make and share your own, from scratch. GT fans who’ve been lusting for a livery editor capable of keeping up with the one available in the Forza Motorsport series for many years (and, more recently, the wrap editor in Need for Speed) are about to have their patience rewarded.

a livery editor capable of keeping up with the one available in the Forza Motorsport series

This is what I was hoping for so badly. I will still maintain my cautious optimism and hold as little expectations as possible.

Now if there was some sort of marketplace where players could sell/share their custom logos or full liveries, that'd be brilliant (I think Forza has something like that, doesn't it?).

Last edited:
Now if there was some sort of marketplace where players could sell/share their custom logos or full liveries, that'd be brilliant (I think Forza has something like that, doesn't it?).

The article states you can share liveries, which should be a given really.

I'm still personally not worried about quality issues, even during a race / replay. Having seen what I've seen of the liveries in Sport and the promotional media so far, I can see it fundamentally works just like PD's texturing has since the PS2 era. The PS2, as well as the PS3, had limited texture memory, so they had to be innovative with the texturing methods to get anything like the quality expected.

That effort back then will have its rewards with these custom liveries, too. It remains to be seen how many decals can be rendered and at what resolution they can be packaged, but there won't be any full-skin resolution issues (unless you try to cover the whole car with a single decal) - the existing cars should offer clues.

On that basis, I would not expect "templates" for use in image editing packages, because that's not how PD texture the cars in the first place. Hopefully custom decals can be imported as images.

What will be the real concern, in my opinion, is the quality of the editing tools and the sharing system.

The article states you can share liveries, which should be a given really.
Sharing is a given at this point, but is it an integrated and sophisticated part of the game as in Forza or only something that can be done one to one with people on your friends list? In 2017 after 4 years of development I think people are expecting something state of the art both in terms of the editor itself and it's full integration into the game. Simply sharing between individual players won't cut it IMO.

As I stated in a very similar thread, I am expecting the editor to be about as good as the Grid 2 editor at best. Which is a start, but still behind what Forza was doing ten years ago. More than happy to be proven wrong.

I don't know how Forza's livery sharing system works exactly but I wouldn't like to spend possibly hours making a livery for my own and then seeing it on other people's cars without my consent. If liveries are automatically available to everyone, that's a very negative thing for me. I hope we can share or keep them private if we want... Well, we could even gift liveries. I wouldn't mind spending an hour creating something to give out (and loosing it). I know we won't have any copyright over any livery created within GTS but it's nice to have somethings to ourselves if we spend hours doing it. As it happens with every tune. You wouldn't like to spend hours teaking and tuning a car to be the fastest on the track and then see your sheet made public to everyone.

I hope with this livery editor, it would be a different system like either if you save your own work or download others, you can even load the livery onto a rental/courtesy car for Arcade Mode besides having to buy the car to use the livery.

Also, just like in Forza, you should be able to paint any car, even those you don't own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back