GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they come with color matching spoilers?
Gran-Turismo-Sport_2017_04-11-17_017.jpg

This one caught my attention:

View attachment 653763

There's "car livery" and "livery editor" listed as separate options - this could indicate some preset liveries being available on top of the editor.
It also can be your liveries for this car, so you can make more than one.
By the way, I'm really happy PD showed liveries on Gr.N cars, I worried we won't be able to make it.
Still worried about "naked" 458 GT3 though.

This one caught my attention:

View attachment 653763

There's "car livery" and "livery editor" listed as separate options - this could indicate some preset liveries being available on top of the editor.
What's more interesting is the thumbnail.. ;)

It also can be your liveries for this car, so you can make more than one.
This, and probably also where you can share and download usermade liveries.

I think the car was orange, since it's a factory color for this 911. So the blue part made by livery editor.
it looks like inner part of spoiler's endplate is also orange, unlike on stock GT3 RS. So that probably means its livery. Also so many cars so far have custom things on spoilers that it would be unexpected not to include it

Very high def logo ? And as always, tire lettering is a nice touch. If only we could change the number plate...
Gran-Turismo-Sport-Honda-NSX-GT3.jpeg
At this point, if the livery editor turns out to be nothing more than a library of hi-res logos and brands with some basic tools to create shapes, I'd be happy with that.

What I really would like to know is if we can change car wheels and edit the decals on the sidewalls of the tyres. I'm no expert, but for the most part some of the wheels used on the PD-made cars seem to be using proper models and brands (Enkei, BBS, Motegi, Rays etc etc) but there are a number of cars that I can't figure out what wheel they are using, or even if they are using a real life model.

Ferrari are notoriously tricky with any custom versions of their cars appearing in games.

Here is a "Team Forza" car, part of a pack in Forza Motorsport 6.

00fb2460-d475-496e-9b60-2a882af7e766.jpg

And another:

b58561f4-fe44-4777-a1c7-511940e7035c.jpg

All of the cars in that pack had the same livery, except for:

5d5744d4-5973-41d7-846a-4e26646ecba4.jpg
Someone from Kunos said they were only prohibited from adding fantasy liveries to Ferrari race models on cars that were factory racers.

I respect that Ferrari has made that decision, but I hope/wish they could also make it easier and more streamlined for them to license Ferrari-team Liveries on the teams' behalf.

I really dislike naked racecars when they're next to fully done up cars, even just having a number plate and some of Ferrari's official sponsors would be nice. Scuderia Rosso looks good on it's own and doesn't need much.

For some strange reason I kinda like this thing about Ferrari. Is there any other manufacturer now who can don't sell you a car because they don't like you? :lol:
But 458 without livery is the only car now (except Peugeot VGT) looking slightly out of place in Gr.3 because of it's nudity. I hope PD will add at least some real liveries, like AF Corse or SMP Racing.

All this tells me is that Ferrari takes itself too seriously, especially compared to its rival, Lamborghini.

Reactions: Dan
To those fans of WipEout here in :gtplanet: who are also going to get GT Sport, and those interested in designing liveries inspired by and based on the WipEout teams, I think designing detailed WipEout-based Group 3 GT race cars would sound like a really great idea, especially with AG Systems using either the GT-R GT3 or the Group 3 Vette, and F.E.I.S.A.R. using the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 (well, because F.E.I.S.A.R. and Ferrari are a perfect combination). Basically this could be based off of the upcoming "Omega Collection" so we can also add Van-Uber to the mix.

Any fans of WipEout here that are interested?

Oh and I hope we can design liveries based on any car (not only limited to garage cars owned), in which once we save or download the livery, it's saved for that particular car and can even be used as a separate livery option for use in Arcade Mode (even if it's a rental car).

I've always loved the Wipeout series' liveries. The entire game's overall design has always wowed me. Seriously sleek and classy, even though the colours and fonts can be garish at times. They just WORK. Beautiful stuff :) I personally won't attempt to copy that kind of design ( should we have the tools to do so, of course ) as i suck bad at designy stuff :) But It'd be wonderful to see what the true artists in this community come up with :)

All this tells me is that Ferrari takes itself too seriously, especially compared to its rival, Lamborghini.

The amount of Ferrari-exclusive events in Driveclub reinforces this. "Our cars are so good, we don't want them to race with anything else, because we're the best!"

I'm sure if someone on the BETA forums requests it, it may be added in the future or at release.
Of course it will be added - but not before it matters. Who cares if ten out of 18 hage the number 11 on the side on the beta? In the final release though, at those livestreamed events it matters who has what number. If it isn't added it's just stupid.

I've always loved the Wipeout series' liveries. The entire game's overall design has always wowed me. Seriously sleek and classy, even though the colours and fonts can be garish at times. They just WORK. Beautiful stuff :) I personally won't attempt to copy that kind of design ( should we have the tools to do so, of course ) as i suck bad at designy stuff :) But It'd be wonderful to see what the true artists in this community come up with :)
Spread the word man, because the WipEout teams deserve the GT Sport treatment through Gr. 3 racing, and with the livery editor, it just feels so right...

Here are my visions of the cars for their respective teams (from the Omega Collection):

AG Systems- Nissan GT-R R35 NISMO GT3 '13 (#22)
F.E.I.S.A.R.- Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 (#48)
Auricom- Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Gr. 3 Race Car '14 (#0)
Qirex- Mercedes-AMG GT3 '16 (#13)
Piranha- Lamborghini Huracan GT3 '15 (#97)
Goteki 45- BMW M6 GT3 '16 (#45)
Icaras- McLaren 650S GT3 '15 (#1)
Assegai- Jaguar F-Type Gr. 3 Race Car '15 (#13)
Triakis- Audi R8 LMS '15 (#3)
Van-Uber- Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 3 Race Car '14 (#77)
Tigron- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final Edition Gr. 3 Race Car '15 (#66)
EG-X- Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Gr. 3 Race Car '13 (#69)
Harimau- Peugeot RCZ Gr. 3 Race Car '12 (#88)
Mirage- Volkswagen Beetle GSR Gr. 3 Race Car '14 (#99)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back