GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about Decal Deform. That's something I haven't seen in very many livery editors. Seems almost a Photoshop function. Maybe that's part of getting that Falken logo to bend, matching the fender hump. If that's in there, I'm counting on more features like transparency. Also, fade vinyls, vinyl shapes of all sorts.

I've been wondering about that "User Decal" thing too. It gives me some hope for making our own sponsor logos, as well as our own league number plaques. I had a lot of fun in Forza making my own fantasy league cars, as well as existing leagues with their sponsors displayed proudly on those plaques.

Another thing is having a good range of fonts, something I find still lacking in the Forza editor, though it is coming along.

Cars like the Renault GT3 racer have the car number on the windshield. I'd also like to see those offered to us, to change the car numbers. Putting our names on there would be good too, like side windows, but I won't cry if we don't get that. But having fonts available to spell our driver names as well as for custom "decals" of sorts would be almost necessary for user leagues, so I'm counting on that.

All you need is a square and you can do the rest :P
Well, square and circle. Sort of. I'm counting on quite a few shapes.

With regards to the 'user decal' thing, looking at the background of the predetermined logos, I wonder whether it will allow us to import lo-res png files?

You will not be able to create your own intricate decals.

In fact, I suspect you'll likely be limited to using brand/car specific decal shapes for each car. Eg. If the Audi doesn't include a generic circle in it's decal pack, you won't be able to create a circle shape for that car.

Also, don't expect to be able to place a Ford decal on an Audi, etc, etc.

It's a small step, and better than nothing - but it won't be anywhere near the depth of Forza's editor.

What exactly are you basing these statements of fact on?

I'm curious about Decal Deform. That's something I haven't seen in very many livery editors. Seems almost a Photoshop function. Maybe that's part of getting that Falken logo to bend, matching the fender hump. If that's in there, I'm counting on more features like transparency. Also, fade vinyls, vinyl shapes of all sorts.

I really hope so, lends for some flexibility.

With regards to the 'user decal' thing, looking at the background of the predetermined logos, I wonder whether it will allow us to import lo-res png files?

I so badly want that to be true, there are so many logos I have (both real and fictional) as well as shapes that I would love to use.

how do people create such amazing liveries (literally art pieces on a car) with just shapes. The amount of additions must be insane. I had always thought allowing people to do keystrokes using touchpad or import from a drawing tablet could help in making intricate liveries. Importing pics sounds a bit dangerous considering whats out there.

how do people create such amazing liveries (literally art pieces on a car) with just shapes. The amount of additions must be insane. I had always thought allowing people to do keystrokes using touchpad or import from a drawing tablet could help in making intricate liveries. Importing pics sounds a bit dangerous considering whats out there.
It's mostly quite easy, take this one for an example:

16KAN1rl_4274.jpg

One of my all time favourite liveries / paint schemes. The only shapes needed for this are rectangles and triangles, mostly rectangles. Fairly easy to recreate, did it on NFS 2015 for example.

Its great to see how many features it has. I only expected numbers and banners. Really happy with what they managed to make and while some people wanted a forza level od detail, I dont think FIA would let that.
My only concern is decal packs which seem like paint chip system.

I want to believe in a great livery editor but after the track path editor, my expectations are very low. Some stripes could be a good start for gt :P I'm happy that Poly listens to some customers requests.

Yeah baby I'll spend hours trying to replicate real paint jobs with this livery editor. Yet I'll only put paint jobs on race cars because it would just look silly on a road car and in my mind, it isn't what GT is about. But who knows, I might do it... If I'm really bored.

Yeah baby I'll spend hours trying to replicate real paint jobs with this livery editor. Yet I'll only put paint jobs on race cars because it would just look silly on a road car and in my mind, it isn't what GT is about. But who knows, I might do it... If I'm really bored.

Er, you know a lot of race cars start out as road cars without paint, right? That is how they race in some series, bring a road car, slap some slicks on, paint on some decals, race car.

maxresdefault.jpg

GT has had 'race modding' from the start, with a livery editor we can hopefully finally do it all ourselves now, to our own taste. No pre-set upgrades, no pre-set livery, each car is unique.

I'm hoping for a wide variety of number plaques, which we can either customize with custom user league elements and sponsors, or make from scratch. I'm hoping we can create our own clubs and leagues in Sport, which this will fit in perfectly.

One thing which will come in very handy is the apparent wealth of decals we'll evidently be getting. It looks like quite a few, and apparently tailored to each car, so we'll be getting "Audi proper" sponsor decals on an R8 for example. This will save quite a few layers, as many decals in Forza had to be made from scratch.

One thing though, with decal packs being offered such as with the GameStop Limited Edition, it sounds like we'll be offered more decals in packs, perhaps for a few bucks. Hey, we got that with other things in GT5 and 6, so I wouldn't be too surprised, though it could also be free. I imagine we'll learn a few more details at E3.

I'm hoping for a wide variety of number plaques, which we can either customize with custom user league elements and sponsors, or make from scratch. I'm hoping we can create our own clubs and leagues in Sport, which this will fit in perfectly.

One thing which will come in very handy is the apparent wealth of decals we'll evidently be getting. It looks like quite a few, and apparently tailored to each car, so we'll be getting "Audi proper" sponsor decals on an R8 for example. This will save quite a few layers, as many decals in Forza had to be made from scratch.

One thing though, with decal packs being offered such as with the GameStop Limited Edition, it sounds like we'll be offered more decals in packs, perhaps for a few bucks. Hey, we got that with other things in GT5 and 6, so I wouldn't be too surprised, though it could also be free. I imagine we'll learn a few more details at E3.
People already whine and cry having to pay for car and track DLC all the time, I can't imagine the hue and cry if you have to pay for decal packs:lol:

Oh no doubt, but I'd have to think paying for something more useful than paint chips or racing suits would be easier to swallow. But as with all things GT, we'll see. ;)

Well I don't know if I can speak for all, but it sometimes depends on how you utilize what you have. As you've seen, its amazing what you can do by just how to decide to use those shapes and for many people, that's all they need to make something good. There are of course some that can just use a splotch and go from there.

As for "Whats out there", pretty sure the FIA and PD will police that. I highly doubt either will allow someone's rule 34 paint scheme to pass.

Well I don't know if I can speak for all, but it sometimes depends on how you utilize what you have. As you've seen, its amazing what you can do by just how to decide to use those shapes and for many people, that's all they need to make something good. There are of course some that can just use a splotch and go from there.

As for "Whats out there", pretty sure the FIA and PD will police that. I highly doubt either will allow someone's rule 34 paint scheme to pass.
You know, right now posting a suggestively shaped track can make that track deleted. Do it multiple times and you'll be banned on GT6 online.

This livery editor has the potential to be a really cool feature I could spend alot of time with

But Im just waiting for PD to tell us what the catch is. Because you know its coming. I hope it doesnt break the editor.

Can this "User Decal" label mean that we can add any picture as a decal?
i14YShoOwodQ7SB.jpg
Really looks like it, any PNGs anyway.. I hope yhis is the case. Pre-make stickers in Photoshop before importing it to GTS à la how we imported tracks we made to GT6.. :)

Er, you know a lot of race cars start out as road cars without paint, right? That is how they race in some series, bring a road car, slap some slicks on, paint on some decals, race car.

maxresdefault.jpg

GT has had 'race modding' from the start, with a livery editor we can hopefully finally do it all ourselves now, to our own taste. No pre-set upgrades, no pre-set livery, each car is unique.
I used this photo to dream about "the perfect GTS livery editor" too. It repsresents exactly how I envision the livery editor. One make races, low spec races, hot hatch cups, FWD track days etc etc would look absolutely awesome if we just did something simple like the cars on this photo.

I'm so hyped to begin making my first car, from a windshield banner to a sticker on the wheels. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back