• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like that, I wanna do a Synthwave/80's Skyactiv livery on my LM55
80prints-0-900x450.jpg

1.jpg
A E S T H E T I C S

What if the livery editor is restricted to liveries from manufacturers but as a player you have the freedom to customize the layout but only as far as the manufacturer did approve of?

That Audi livery we have seen was really only official stuff unpuzzeled which could be added to the car as the player wishes. Recreating the official one or a personal variation. This official set of liveries will be available for all Audi's and that is the freedom the player has?

Also I wonder if all cars can be customized.

What if the livery editor is restricted to liveries from manufacturers but as a player you have the freedom to customize the layout but only as far as the manufacturer did approve of?

That Audi livery we have seen was really only official stuff unpuzzeled which could be added to the car as the player wishes. Recreating the official one or a personal variation. This official set of liveries will be available for all Audi's and that is the freedom the player has?

Exactly my thoughts. If this thing is true when we can't even add liveries to road cars because there is no official liveries for them at all. But I haven't found this Audi with Falken stickers and calmed down.:lol:

image.jpeg

I really don't mind if we get only "manufacturer approved only" sticker packs, this Nissan 2022 VGT looks absolutely on point!

Edit: this is what I'll make. For sure.

Last edited:

It's not so much "unpuzzled" as it is precisely the way PD make liveries themselves.

Since the PS2 they've been layering small decals, firstly over a low-res background depicting curvature (lighting), panel gaps and broader gradients etc., mainly because of memory limits preventing detail showing up on full-body textures.

The backgrounds disappeared on PS3, to be replaced with material shaders (ignoring the Standards) and now PD have effectively made (hopefully) easy-to-use in-game versions of the tools they use, for us.

All that remains to be seen is what exactly the deal with that decal browser is, and what "user decal" means.

Wow, I haven't played Car Town in years. It has a template option now?

Always had it, that's why I'm suggesting it, cause it can easily make an awesome design with a bunch of clicks, it can be shared, and it could put GT's livery editor in front of many others on it's first run, apart that I'm not good with in-game livery making, but I'm awesome in photoshop-illustrator design :sly:

I highly doubt we will be able to import our own decals - user decal - probably only means a decal the user can manipulate i.e. move, rotate, deform etc... - another words all the decals are 'user decals'.
Also pretty sure the decals will only be official manufacturer decals and maybe some generic racing decals such as stripes etc... If this title is aimed at esports and races are to be broadcast live then they will have tight reins over livery content. Doing it (the livery editor) this way will remove the need for any moderation of liveries.

That's my take on it anyway and I'm still quite happy if that's the case.

Always had it, that's why I'm suggesting it, cause it can easily make an awesome design with a bunch of clicks, it can be shared, and it could put GT's livery editor in front of many others on it's first run, apart that I'm not good with in-game livery making, but I'm awesome in photoshop-illustrator design :sly:
I looked for this game a while ago but all I found was that the game no longer exists. Link?? :D If the T31 X-Trail still is there I wouldn't mind if you also told me how to download the template so I can make a livery for my..I mean..that car. :)

I looked for this game a while ago but all I found was that the game no longer exists. Link?? :D If the T31 X-Trail still is there I wouldn't mind if you also told me how to download the template so I can make a livery for my..I mean..that car. :)
Badly, it doesn't exist anymore :(, it was a facebook game, but it was axed a little time ago. The templates are still online tho :dopey:

Badly, it doesn't exist anymore :(, it was a facebook game, but it was axed a little time ago. The templates are still online tho :dopey:
so I heard right.. That sucks haha. Heard they might make a new one, fingers crossed. :)

If there was a template option, I'd be very much producing a lot of material like this:

GTR2_2015_09_16_11_43_20_172.jpg

GTR2_2015_10_25_20_31_33_775.jpg

But if the decal system is really good, I could possibly still do some good things with it.

Last edited:
I can't wait to put my hands on the livery editor just to mess around for countless hours and leave without a proper livery and disappointed. Seriously i'm bad at this, i tried with shift 2 but i failed really...bad.
So i can't wait to commission someone to do it for me.

The second pic isn't showing though

Can you see it now?

I can't wait to put my hands on the livery editor just to mess around for countless hours and leave without a proper livery and disappointed. Seriously i'm bad at this, i tried with shift 2 but i failed really...bad.
So i can't wait to commission someone to do it for me.

Shift wasn't the easiest thing to use. Its a miracle I even managed these:

Shift2Pic2.jpg~original

Shift2Pic4.jpg~original

Aesthetic:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de/definition/englisch/aesthetic
Concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty:
Giving or designed to give pleasure through beauty:

Aesthetics:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de/definition/englisch/aesthetics
A set of principles concerned with the nature and appreciation of beauty.
The branch of philosophy which deals with questions of beauty and artistic taste.

In simple words: He thinks the pictures look great.

Last edited:
2h2guft.jpg

Could it be that you could choose any one of the decal slots and "edit" via an in-game pen tool or the suchlike ?

I don't own a PS4 yet, so i cannot know either way but, does the PS4 allow you to store images on the Harddrive ? I recall reading that you can't store mp3s or videos, although i may be completely wrong on that. Should you be able to have images on the PS4 hard drive... Could that edit button allow you to go into one of the decals and load an image, from the hard drive, over the top of it and re-save ? If so, that could potentially allow for great designs in Photoshop etc, to be simply loaded in :drool:

Highly doubt it.

As others have mentioned, you will likely be limited to only using the decals supplied by PD - each car or brand will have their own decal pack that can only be applied to that specific car.

Highly doubt it.

As others have mentioned, you will likely be limited to only using the decals supplied by PD - each car or brand will have their own decal pack that can only be applied to that specific car.

Ah fair point. I didn't know about that. Hopefully the decal bundles will be wide ranging.

2h2guft.jpg

Could it be that you could choose any one of the decal slots and "edit" via an in-game pen tool or the suchlike ?

I don't own a PS4 yet, so i cannot know either way but, does the PS4 allow you to store images on the Harddrive ? I recall reading that you can't store mp3s or videos, although i may be completely wrong on that. Should you be able to have images on the PS4 hard drive... Could that edit button allow you to go into one of the decals and load an image, from the hard drive, over the top of it and re-save ? If so, that could potentially allow for great designs in Photoshop etc, to be simply loaded in :drool:

You can't transfer images to PS4. Unless there is a specific format or way that GTS and PS4 would recognise, I could see that working with a future firmware update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back