GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this masterpiece on Twitter.

IMG_20171009_161527.jpg

Editor is panning out to be pretty damn great. Anyone have in game photos with more detailed liveries? I'm wondering about crispness and whatnot.
It’s very crisp. Not like the Forza jaggies when you make a small logo / thin line at all. I love it.

Pretty much lashed together in 10 minutes or so when I was just trying to work out the editor this morning, hence the gap where the red joins on the roof and the random white patch where the rear bumper joins the back arch.

Trying to get something akin to how I intend to paint the new rally car in real life, lots more work to go.

jBw0axo.jpg

That said, I'm actually quite pleased with that for such a small amount of time being spent on it. Once I can get something out of Illustrator using the svg import it should be much better as well.

Did a little bit more once I had some real world work done earlier, still needs a lot more work and the pic I took is a bit ropey. Slowly getting there though.

tCrZzC9.jpg

Be much happier when I can get my own logo on there as well. At the moment it's all just logos of products I actually use on my own cars or have had sponsorship from in the past.

Has anyone found a way to move the inbuilt numbers? Or to only add them to the doors.

20171009180141.png

20171009180216.png

20171009180229.png

Made my first livery (ever in a game) for the EVO Gr. B :) Really simple one to try out the feature. There's a giant "Z" on top of the car but we can't see it here.

I was happy taking some pictures of it and the server went to maintenance.

One thing I found to be weird is that the pictures are not saved on the HDD where you usually find your screenshots and clips. O.o Probably they're in the "cloud" somewhere, on a PD server.

Will wait for the servers to be up again and copy the pictures to a USB.

I love the fact that we'll be able to put .svg files into our liveries! Absolutely amazing.

Edit: pictures added

Last edited:
Already working on my carbon fiber texture SVG file in different colors. So where's Livery and Graphics sub forum ? And while you're at it where's the Scapes one as well ?

Excellent, I know everybody wants to do racing inspired liveries, but I'm thinking about other things like liveries based off movies, comics, sports teams etc. Also I think some people will make their stuff free for anybody to use and thats great, but I'm sure others dont want to spend hours working on a great design only to share it and then have eveybody else rocking it on their cars.
Kinda makes me wish Polyphony had implemented some sort Livery Marketplace where one could put up designs for trade for the in game Milage points or another form of redeemable credits and also make it so the design could only be transferable once that way whom ever you share it with cant start sharing with all their friends. That being said I look forward sharing some (maybe not all) my designs :)

Excellent, I know everybody wants to do racing inspired liveries, but I'm thinking about other things like liveries based off movies, comics, sports teams etc. Also I think some people will make their stuff free for anybody to use and thats great, but I'm sure others dont want to spend hours working on a great design only to share it and then have eveybody else rocking it on their cars.
Kinda makes me wish Polyphony had implemented some sort Livery Marketplace where one could put up designs for trade for the in game Milage points or another form of redeemable credits and also make it so the design could only be transferable once that way whom ever you share it with cant start sharing with all their friends. That being said I look forward sharing some (maybe not all) my designs :)
They can/should very much implement a system like Forza's. There is a marketplace that you can search keywords specifically, or just search by cars, and it'll pop up all kinds of different liveries that people have created. The good thing about that is that the only way for people to get your livery is if you upload it, so if you want it for yourself, you wont have anything to worry about. Forza has a system though, that each person that downloads your livery, it'll reward you with credits. Some of the people that make some great liveries tend to rack in millions just from that alone.

Hopefully they work on something like that for release, as it'll work wonders for those that aren't too savvy with the editor.

It's all very much looking like the first Forza game right now with the simple liveries, but that's not a slight. From that tiny acorn grew a mighty oak and that didn't have the benefit of so many real logos included or proper mirroring. I'd love to get my hands on this.

Hope you guys like the livery I did for the BMW M6 GT3. I'm not totally satisfied as of now but I think it isn't too bad for my first attempt.
The livery editor seems to be a extraordinary powerful tool and I am really looking forward to exploring it even more in the retail version.
:cheers:

Edit: Better pictures

20171011125948.jpg

20171011125937.jpg

20171011125927.jpg

Last edited:
So I decided that the best way to improve my skills with the Livery Editor is to.. set an unbeatable task and then complete it.

Without further ado, a replica/creative interpretation in some places (most notably the sponsorships and the lack of a lower jaw) of the 2003 FIA GT NGT class champion - a Porsche 911 entered by Freisinger Motorsport:

This should also prove to people that 300 layers for the body should be more than enough. I hit maybe 150 total, and that's with some generous rounding.

So I decided that the best way to improve my skills with the Livery Editor is to.. set an unbeatable task and then complete it.

Without further ado, a replica/creative interpretation in some places (most notably the sponsorships and the lack of a lower jaw) of the 2003 FIA GT NGT class champion - a Porsche 911 entered by Freisinger Motorsport:

This should also prove to people that 300 layers for the body should be more than enough. I hit maybe 150 total, and that's with some generous rounding.

This 🤬 got me real pumped for online lobbies!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back