GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it poor that PD didn't see fit to have GT Planet logos in the Livery Editor. For such a huge community founded on the series it is a bit of a slap for Jordan.

Importing is possible I know but the token of including it would have been nice.
Agreed. Especially when they have Unilad Gaming.

If I was PD, I'd have an open approval process for any media to submit an SVG file to then be added into the main game with filtering to remove the fake ones. Even then, people could also submit a fake brand to be added into that section. Increases community involvement and hype as well as not needing to make hundreds of fake brands in house.

Already working on real number plates to import them when it´s possible.
Super GT, Nurb 24H, DTM 2017 and 90´s

71e85551c88c7cab74b2bf16d60773d1o.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-10_11-1-4.png
    upload_2017-10-10_11-1-4.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 80
anyone see the website where to upload your custom decals. i saw it briefly when i went into my library and cant remember what it was.

P.S. My user name is only 1999 but really its 1996 instead... its to trick people

I find it odd there’s a lack of Playstation decals.

anyone see the website where to upload your custom decals. i saw it briefly when i went into my library and cant remember what it was.

P.S. My user name is only 1999 but really its 1996 instead... its to trick people
You can’t yet.

Ok good to know.?

Bit of an in-progress job.

I loved the 80s and 90s DTM, in my opinion the peak of Touring Car racing. So trying to do a variant of the Klaus Ludwig / Sonax Mercs.

At the moment I am going for a fairly accurate depiction of it, however I think it might actually be suited to having a slightly modern take put on it.

Can't wait for the svg stuff to go live in the final version.

sss4YI0.jpg

So I've gone and done another Porsche while I wait for (hopefully) a new car to play around with in a similar manner, this one being based on the Team Manthey car that won the 2011 Nürburgring 24 Hours:

Both this and the Freisinger one from a few pages back will, of course, be remastered once the whole user decals thing gets up and running.

You can't tell I'm having fun with this Livery Editor gimmick, can you?

rFG183j.jpg

Excuse the FB compression, but is anyone else running into this issue with some of the decals. Or is it just where they're placed on the car?

Can you transfer your personal created livery to any of your owned cars and will it adapt? For example you create your livery for the Porsche and then would like to apply that same livery to a Honda Civic.

Can you transfer your personal created livery to any of your owned cars and will it adapt? For example you create your livery for the Porsche and then would like to apply that same livery to a Honda Civic.
No. And why would it? I wonder why people wonder about this. Try it in NFS2015. It won’t allign at all. You create a livery based on a certain cars lines and shape, it would look bad if you transfered that livery to a car with a completely different shape.

I don't think you can. Will probably never happen as a 911 RSR has a completely different body shape to a Honda Civic

ok we need 2 things fixed asap:

1st: when applying decals on a rear wing's side it gets warped in the centre of the wing

2nd and more important I think: we need a color saving feature, example: I create my own color in the color spectre and I need to use that exact color again. there is a color history right? well yeah but after you save your livery, you do a lap with your car, watch a replay and then you realize you forgot to add a line somewhere on the car so you go back to the editor but there is no color history...

anyway maybe there should be a thread for bugs and problems with the game so PD can or could check it once in a while...

There's no current way of salvaging any of the decals used on the pre-existing designs is there?

No. And why would it? I wonder why people wonder about this. Try it in NFS2015. It won’t allign at all. You create a livery based on a certain cars lines and shape, it would look bad if you transfered that livery to a car with a completely different shape.

For all those online racers it would be great to be able to race with your own livery nomather what car you are using instead of creating the same livery 50 times or more. I thought that maybe PD had figured out a way the make it a rather smooth transfer.

There isn't a facility for it in the Livery Editor although it would be nice once you've made a striping scheme to flatten and save the whole thing to be able to modify it as one piece.

Once they add svg support you should be able to though.

A very useful tool would be the posibility to merge layers. For example you use 3 diferent shapes together to create a single one.
Then I would like to merge them to edit color, size... all together.

Quick example
f9cdc340a7b2246d846b71beeff3b49eo.jpg

I assume this tool does not exist, maybe missed it??

maybe a link layer tool, after we place the layers how we want them, we can just link them and move the whole thing at once to adjust it. basically merging them but you can move them separately later on if needed. obviously there will be a problem with each rotating on its own axis than staying in the same position with the center shape.

but with your idea we could save them to our Decals folder to be used on other cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back