GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the brand logos have dropped from 3 alphabetical pages to only one. Heaps have disappeared?

Anyone else notice this?

I find it poor that PD didn't see fit to have GT Planet logos in the Livery Editor. For such a huge community founded on the series it is a bit of a slap for Jordan.

Importing is possible I know but the token of including it would have been nice.
Exactly what I thought, he gave the middle to GTP. But not surprising after how he messed around GTP users with the Q&A section.

Agreed. Especially when they have Unilad Gaming.

If I was PD, I'd have an open approval process for any media to submit an SVG file to then be added into the main game with filtering to remove the fake ones. Even then, people could also submit a fake brand to be added into that section. Increases community involvement and hype as well as not needing to make hundreds of fake brands in house.
Wow, he gave both middle fingers to GTP.

rFG183j.jpg

Excuse the FB compression, but is anyone else running into this issue with some of the decals. Or is it just where they're placed on the car?
Yes I have noticed, it glitches certain places. The decals sometimes still show the car skin around things like headlights.

No layer groups?

If I spend 10 hours in-game making a highly detailed logo, I can't move the whole logo or use it on a second car?

**** Polyphony if such a critical feature is missing.
I think you can but not in the demo, so not worth spending time on logos for now.

About as far as I intend to go with the Sonax / DTM style livery on the Merc. In the final product, I can see me doing a lot of DTM style liveries on the Merc,s Audis and BMWs.

The red lines on the original car just look awful in the game so I've gone more for a slightly more subtle modern take on it.

Debating on whether I should add the logos along the sill or not, but I kind of like how clean and relatively simple it looks at the moment.

I did consider making everything under the black at the rear (sort of wheel arch and bumper back over) red. But I kind of like the metallic silver showing through and the red might end up a bit overkill.

Relatively happy with it overall though apart from the occasional silver splodge which needs covering up on the black bits, sometimes the editor shows them as covered but then when you actually use the car they show through.

80ZQilQ.jpg

YYskB46.jpg

Z2sodV1.jpg

No layer groups?

If I spend 10 hours in-game making a highly detailed logo, I can't move the whole logo or use it on a second car?

**** Polyphony if such a critical feature is missing.

I presume they are banking on people doing a lot of the work on their PCs and transferring in once it goes live.

Would definitely be a useful feature though.

Great livery!

Question - how hard was it to paint that top grill slit orange? I'm seeing a lot of users being able to paint small pieces like that and am curious to see/hear the process.

is quite easy, that grill is part of a special folder called "other" in the livery editor. Is not part of the "body" folder.

For all those online racers it would be great to be able to race with your own livery nomather what car you are using instead of creating the same livery 50 times or more. I thought that maybe PD had figured out a way the make it a rather smooth transfer.
It’s impossible in any game. Shape and size of cars vary too much.
I don't think anyone did this yet, so here we are!

The Pennzoil 2020 VGT.

Nissan 2020 Pennzoil | Le Mans by TS050, on Flickr

Nissan 2020 Pennzoil | Nürburgring by TS050, on Flickr

Nissan 2020 Pennzoil | Nürburgring by TS050, on Flickr

That’s awesome! Add them here please :D

It’s impossible in any game. Shape and size of cars vary too much.

It is possible in Dirt 4 (yes I know it is a much simpler livery editor). Your custom team livery can be applied to any car in your garage.

Believe it was also possible in Midnight Club but I could be wrong.

It is possible in Dirt 4 (yes I know it is a much simpler livery editor). Your custom team livery can be applied to any car in your garage.

Believe it was also possible in Midnight Club but I could be wrong.

That editor also has predetermined logo placements that have, say six spots on any particular car. Those work in the way that they keep "Logo 1in slot 1".

GTS' Livery Editior is much more user determined where there is no prodetermined placement, save for the number plates and windshield banners. All other logos are determined by the user.

If we were to have a system like you suggested, a logo on the hood if one car, very well may be placed over the windshield of another, making it nowhere to be seen on the car.

Last edited:
That editor also has predetermined logo placements that have, say six spots on any particular car. Those work in the way that they keep "Logo 1in slot 1".

GTS' Livery Editior is much more user determined where there is no prodetermined placement save for the number plates and windshield banners. All other logos are determined by the user.

If we were to have a system like you suggested, a logo on the hood if one car, very well may be placed over the windshield of another, making it nowhere to be seen on the car.

I understand and agree with everything you just said. Just not saying that its “impossible”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back