GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut it into small sections
Yeah you know that could actually work.. I'll try. Thanks.

Edit: I planned on making a pic of Kaz too. Guess that isn’t happening.

Edit 2: to put these 15 kilobytes into perspective. You guys know this means the GTPlanet logo with the text is too big too? :banghead: The globe alone is 13KB.

Last edited:
Yeah you know that could actually work.. I'll try. Thanks.

Edit: I planned on making a pic of Kaz too. Guess that isn’t happening.

Edit 2: to put these 15 kilobytes into perspective. You guys know this means the GTPlanet logo with the text is too big too? :banghead: The globe alone is 13KB.

Yep, because everything is round :D There's not a single angle / straight line. That makes it heavier. But I see no problem having the logo and type on separate decals. I think it's better tbh.

I have mine ready for my first livery:

Sem Título.png

that 15Kb one is actually 14.5Kb and it will be a pretty insignificant logo from an unknown brand on the wing of the car. :D

I hope the 15kb limit for the svg files is not true... I mean, seriously, it's not like 1Mb would even be felt on their servers. I'd understand if there was a limit on how many user imported decals you could have per account though.

If this limit is true, I won't even be able to use this :

Let alone the full logo with a carbon fiber shield. As it stands here, it weights 48.8 Kb, even in single colour. Seriously, if the limit is so low, might as well ditch the whole thing.

I hope the 15kb limit for the svg files is not true... I mean, seriously, it's not like 1Mb would even be felt on their servers. I'd understand if there was a limit on how many user imported decals you could have per account though.

Let alone the full logo with a carbon fiber shield. Seriously, if the limit is so low, might as well ditch the whole thing.

Well that particular design should be less the 15kb. It's not that complex.

But I agree 15kb is quite limiting. Far less than I would have expected as a limit. I'm thinking at least 100-300kb would be ok. I can see why they would want to limit it so severly but people will work around it and still have some complex designs, just will be more a pain to do them. Fully shaded and effects heavy logos will be a problem though.

I was hoping to create a few textures but with the limit that small not likely. :(

Let alone the full logo with a carbon fiber shield. As it stands here, it weights 48.8 Kb, even in single colour. Seriously, if the limit is so low, might as well ditch the whole thing.

The 15 KB limit per decal is good. Imagine loading a race online of a 24 car grid with custom liveries filled with 20 decals of 1MB each. That's 480MB of info...

Also, I think your logo can be converted into an svg with less than 15 KB. With one color that shouldn't weight more than 3kb.

Edit: Too late xD

I think in referring to the Amazon thing, they meant the Amazon Logo being used in that Livery is 15KB. Don't think that 15KB will be the limit or rule to all SVG files.

I think in referring to the Amazon thing, they meant the Amazon Logo being used in that Livery is 15KB. Don't think that 15KB will be the limit or rule to all SVG files.
Are we able to get an accurate translation please?

many people have the full game now...yet no mention of SVG upload? is this something we're going to see implemented a month later? no signs of SVG upload a day before release seems a little strange no?

many people have the full game now...yet no mention of SVG upload? is this something we're going to see implemented a month later? no signs of SVG upload a day before release seems a little strange no?

Why is it strange? The game isn’t out yet officially

Do you understand how vectors work? That red and blue logo would easily be under 15k.
As for a 1mb limit, that’s really not needed lol they’re not bitmaps

Google translate:

kanzaki-t7000-20171006-0058._CB514358995_.jpg

Step3: Let's also made decals of the original design
When you sign in to the Gran Turismo official website "Gran Turismo dot com", you can up the original decals.
※ original decal will be only in SVG files within 15KB.

※ Gran Turismo brand logo safe use with Gran Turismo SPORT Award, "decal" in the game "My Library"> You can choose from "brand logo (FO)". Please use decals to create function of Li Barry editor.

Says SVG files within 15Kb. Damn this doesn't look good, for Example I have this Monster Energy logo set up as a 100 X 100 Pixel file and when saved in color as is in SVG format it's size is 337 KB.

monster logo X.jpg

But when I save just the black separately that cuts the size down to 44KB. So we would have then break down the logo into its separate colors, then build it up in layers in the Editor kinda like this.

sample.jpg

If this is the case it will be pretty time consuming as appose to just uploading the SVG in full color all at once and again I think the reason they would choose to go that route would be to keep the files sizes down to a minimum for hosting purposes. You might think a 300KB file as no big problem but multiply that by couple hundred thousand or million depending on how many accounts will be on their website and it starts to add up. So yea it looks kinda bleak for us Livery Editors but we'll know soon enough.

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 8
  • gr.jpg
    gr.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 11
15k is fine, with a little creativity and work there will be some awesome liveries!
I get the impression some people would be happier having a few megabytes worth of bitmap wrapped around the car, and then bitch and moan when the game is all jerky and slow :banghead:
It does not look bleak at all, well it might do if you’re lazy :lol:

As it stands here... 1.10kb... 1.48kb

Yep ditch the whole thing :rolleyes:

tj.png

Last edited:

Or, you could just shrink that down to that limit? I know people want these giant logos, but you have to remember SVGs contain data. Pretty sure that size limit is there so the server doesn't have a sad from so many cars with these logos and the amount of data they have, unless you want an online experience like in NASCAR 09 where even if everyone competing in the lobby is on your friend's list, the lag and freezing is pretty much 80% of the race.

As someone pointed out, that limit isn't the end of the world.

Meanwhile PD is pushing the PS4 by developing the game with various efficient method, PD is pushing you guys to create an efficient SVG files :D

It is down to creativity but somewhat I have the confidence to overcome that 15KB limit. You guys can do this, too.

It is not about the file size, but it is more to how complex the game will render the SVG into your car. I believe if there is too much point on the SVG file that would render the PS4 having lower framerate.

===

I also dont know if they convert the SVG into bitmap inside the game or they render the SVG straight out of the box.

I was talking about the official GTP svg file. I got this one directly from @Jordan.

Being official doesn't make it an efficient SVG file.

A circle object can be drawn by this...

Code:
  <circle class="fil0 str0" cx="104.234" cy="109.153" r="25"/>

Or by this...

Code:
<path class="fil0 str0" d="M104.234 156.653c13.8047,0 25,11.1953 25,25 0,13.8047 -11.1953,25 -25,25 -13.8047,0 -25,-11.1953 -25,-25 0,-13.8047 11.1953,-25 25,-25z"/>

One of those methods will give you a bigger file size (the second one obviously), yet both will look identical on the screen.

Given that the GTP globe is simply 70-odd circles (with a few more complex paths to define the dots that are intersected at the edges), such a difference will make a noticeable difference to the VG file size.

Open Jordan's file in notepad and have a look.

Code:
  <circle class="fil0 str0" cx="104.234" cy="109.153" r="25"/>

Or by this...

Code:
<path class="fil0 str0" d="M104.234 156.653c13.8047,0 25,11.1953 25,25 0,13.8047 -11.1953,25 -25,25 -13.8047,0 -25,-11.1953 -25,-25 0,-13.8047 11.1953,-25 25,-25z"/>

One of those methods will give you a bigger file size (the second one obviously), yet both will look identical on the screen.

Given that the GTP globe is simply 70-odd circles (with a few more complex paths to define the dots that are intersected at the edges), such a difference will make a noticeable difference to the VG file size.

Open Jordan's file in notepad and have a look.
I didn't say it was, I just mentioned it.

I can't open it in Notepad, I'm on a Mac. ;) Besides I don't have a lot of experience in vector graphics.

I didn't say it was, I just mentioned it.

I can't open it in Notepad, I'm on a Mac. ;) Besides I don't have a lot of experience in vector graphics.

Fair enough.

Another method is to open the image in your browser and then view the page source. I know it might look a bit confusing but it could be worth you trying to open one anyway, if you have a look at what an SVG file actually is it might help you get a clearer idea of what you're actually working with. If there was no limitation it probably wouldn't be necessary, but if every byte counts it's details like the one I mentioned which might make all the difference.

I’d recommend https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/ instead, it’s a bit more intuitive.

👍 or…another option: Turn the circle into a symbol and repeat with <use> elements, throw on a mask to crop the ones around the edge and you’re pretty much there. Will be interesting to learn what parts of the SVG spec PD have implemented.

The 15kb size would’ve be chosen to limit the vectors’ complexity rather than for storage/bandwidth reasons. Without the constraint it’s likely the Livery Editor’s performance could degrade, especially when there’s the potential to have up to 400 layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back