GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so it seems Illustrator registers all your layers into your .svg file even though they're completely masked. I thought it would at least be clever enough to flatten the whole thing and not calculate invisible stuff on the final image. Now have to figure out how you can effectively fuse layers / objects into a single one...

It is not about the file size, but it is more to how complex the game will render the SVG into your car. I believe if there is too much point on the SVG file that would render the PS4 having lower framerate.

Complexity which is driven by the lenght of the instructions, so basically the file's weight. The game seems able to generate gradients, and hold hundreds of layers on a single livery. I don't think once on track it will calculate vectors dynamically, seems pretty obvious once your livery is applied on the car, it is pixellated. Because if not, I fail to see how the game will cope better with 400 15kb vector files rather than a single 3Mb vector file.

So svg files can impact framerate how they want during livery editing, I don't care, I don't need 60 or even 30 fps there.

I’d recommend https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/ instead, it’s a bit more intuitive.

Untitled-2.jpg

Translator San approves of this!

Complexity which is driven by the lenght of the instructions, so basically the file's weight. The game seems able to generate gradients, and hold hundreds of layers on a single livery. I don't think once on track it will calculate vectors dynamically, seems pretty obvious once your livery is applied on the car, it is pixellated. Because if not, I fail to see how the game will cope better with 400 15kb vector files rather than a single 3Mb vector file.

So svg files can impact framerate how they want during livery editing, I don't care, I don't need 60 or even 30 fps there.

I also think once you save a Livery for use the game flattens it into a sort of bitmap texture apllied to your car. Once itvdoes that i dont think it affects your FPS. If that was the case then all the cars with really complicated liveries that are already in the game would cause the whole game to slow own during a race. Dont think PD would allow something like liveries to affect gameplay that much.

Ok, so it seems Illustrator registers all your layers into your .svg file even though they're completely masked. I thought it would at least be clever enough to flatten the whole thing and not calculate invisible stuff on the final image. Now have to figure out how you can effectively fuse layers / objects into a single one...

delete the ones you don’t need then select all and go to layer options > merge selected

delete the ones you don’t need then select all and go to layer options > merge selected

Deleted all the unused stuff, but what I need to figure out is a way to get rid of all the useless points. I built my logo using some other stock vectors I laid out on top of each other, and merging doesn't actually merges the objects. Here's what I'm talking about :

d4ipH1R.jpg

First thing I want to do is to get rid of the firebird line hidden behind the shield (obvious way would be to redraw the visible part but if tehre's a less time consuming way to do it I'll be glad to use it). If I get rid of all the fancy effects I can have a version falling under the 15 Ko limit.

Then, I have the two top layers using different blending effects to retain that carbon fiber pattern. Need to figure a way to retain that with less data as well. Ignore the brushed metal contour, I need to redo that completely as Illustrator decided to turn the vector texture I used into a raster.

@GT_Alex74 use the pathfinder options ("unite" and "minus front" are the ones I use the most) at least to get rid of the flames outside of the shield, as you want.

Now just wait for the pile of memes about this being released in two years on the iPad or just "soon"tm

In order to maintain a good gaming experience by alleviating extreme server loads immediately after the start of the service, we are planning to release these online features gradually.
We will notify users about the start of service for the additional online features in-game and on the news section of gran-turismo.com.

That's completely reasonable. To avoid a disasterous launch.

Last edited:
@GT_Alex74 use the pathfinder options ("unite" and "minus front" are the ones I use the most) at least to get rid of the flames outside of the shield, as you want.

Actually, I want to keep the flame part outside the shield, I want to get rid of what's behind it.

Actually, I want to keep the flame part outside the shield, I want to get rid of what's behind it.

Well, it's the same thing. Just copy the shiled, place it exactly in the same place and then select both the shield and the phoenix. Then go to the pathfinder options and click "minus front" - make sure the shield copy is on top of the phoenix. All of what was behind the shield will disappear.

Oh cool, so we can upload our own decals and upload other players decals, very nice.

Thanks then @zzz_pt

Right now it only makes the whole thing disappear but it's probably just me being utterly bad at Illustrator. Still need to learn... and I thought being used to Photoshop would make this easy... :banghead:

Thanks then @zzz_pt

Right now it only makes the whole thing disappear but it's probably just me being utterly bad at Illustrator. Still need to learn... and I thought being used to Photoshop would make this easy... :banghead:

try with a a few shapes on the side the various options and then you'll understand how it works. :)

@TorqueHappenS08 we'll be able to upload our own decals but not have access to what other's upload. Unless someone shares the svg files with you outside GT (through an email, dropbox, etc) and you upload them yourself to GTS.

Thanks then @zzz_pt

With the compound shape of the Bird Flames, you may need to make sure it's United, before "trimming" it. I work in Illustrator for a living, and still have to find workarounds sometimes.

"Aufkleber: noch übrig"

"Decals - still left"

Attachments

• gts12.png
    gts12.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 171
Hi guys!

i know that the user decals won't be available at launch, but.. Is possible to share a livery with the community and other user can download it to apply it to his own car? Obviusly, both cars should be the same one, but.. is it possible?

Cheers!

Hi guys!

i know that the user decals won't be available at launch, but.. Is possible to share a livery with the community and other user can download it to apply it to his own car? Obviusly, both cars should be the same one, but.. is it possible?

Cheers!

It should be possible yes. But only the original creator will be able to edit the livery design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back