GT Sport Maintenance Confirmed for December 22; New Update Incoming

This better be the big update because I really need an early Xmas present.

If it is a large download and your PS4 downloads slow, you might consider trying to run a simple proxy on your PC and set the PS4 to use it. I use CCProxy and downloads are an order of magnitude faster than without. (There's an explanation somewhere about the PS4 network stack having a bug and the packet size being reduced for no reason which slows downloads to a crawl... and only seems to affect large downloads.)

It is not the only "fantasy option" that doesn't exist in real life, but does in MOST driving games. Don't forget long standing options like the "Driving Line" or optional views like the Bumper Cam, Bonnet Cam, Chase Cam etc. Those 3 views have been around for 20+ years!!! Would you get rid of those too???
Very good point.

We all know the 35 is a Skyline, whether Nissan want to admit it or not. Just like the R34 is a Datsun.

A bit odd, since a Nissan GT-R and a Nissan Skyline was released in 2008

42341.jpg

(Nissan Skyline 2008) Nissan turned the Skyline into a family saloon car...

nissangtrdrive_1_560.jpg

(Nissan GT-R 2008) ...but Nissan wanted a sports car and made a new car and kept the GT-R name.

Last edited:
Hopefully they fix their not working game now... I had today again a whole lobby crash at suzuka after practicing alot for manufacture... that game...drives me crazy...8 weeks...8 weeks the same bugs with they rice cooking server machines, but hey, still...they managed to make the BoP better...not...FFS

Edit: MY father always said, never buy a sony... He was right!

I have a 8 years old Bravia tv here, almost powered on most of the day, and still as new.

I guess your father was wrong ..

My father used to say ' invented by Philips, improved by Sony'

He was right.

I have a 8 years old Bravia tv here, almost powered on most of the day, and still as new.

I guess your father was wrong ..

My father used to say ' invented by Philips, improved by Sony'

He was right.

It was more like a joke from him because we had a sony and it broke many times. But hey exceptions prove the rule, isnt it?

So my question, will there be a separate garage for the "GT League"? If there's not the GT League will only feel like a hollow shell of it's former glory.

I love this game and can't wait for new cars and tracks but unless the implement some kind of separate garage for career mode it kind of beats the purpose of a GT league.

So my question, will there be a separate garage for the "GT League"? If there's not the GT League will only feel like a hollow shell of it's former glory.

I love this game and can't wait for new cars and tracks but unless the implement some kind of separate garage for career mode it kind of beats the purpose of a GT league.
I don't think that was ever confirmed at all. Someone just started a thread here and speculated it. Plus it's not necessary anyway.

I don't think that was ever confirmed at all. Someone just started a thread here and speculated it. Plus it's not necessary anyway.

I never read this anywhere it was more a question that I've developed. It really is necessary. Think about it for a minute. How do you "build" a career when you already have all of the cars that work with the cups. It's no different then going and creating a bunch of custom races

Dear Santa-san,

Please nerf the FF gr.4 cars and CSA. Especially CSA. Nuke it. Or at least remove it from online play.

Together with that, make settings available for us a bit pro users... I hate when I see a Megan have perfect gearbox for a track, and porsche or lambo have it so wrong...

I never read this anywhere it was more a question that I've developed. It really is necessary. Think about it for a minute. How do you "build" a career when you already have all of the cars that work with the cups. It's no different then going and creating a bunch of custom races
Exact!!! That's what I was thinking, anyway if there is only one garage I plan to make a profile only for GT league

See, this is what I fear. I don't think it's going be anywhere near a full-blown SP like we got in previous GT. What I think it'll be is basically the existing 'Campaign' mode in different clothing. It will still all be tied to the same Garage, same Cr/Mi account. It's effectively going to be a GT3 themed GTS Campaign mode. Though, I hope I'm wrong.

I said last night that the update would come at 3:00PM Australian time. Turns out I was correct - at least for the maintenance period before the update anyway. Does that still make my guess accurate?

See, this is what I fear. I don't think it's going be anywhere near a full-blown SP like we got in previous GT. What I think it'll be is basically the existing 'Campaign' mode in different clothing. It will still all be tied to the same Garage, same Cr/Mi account. It's effectively going to be a GT3 themed GTS Campaign mode. Though, I hope I'm wrong.

Why is that exactly a problem now? It was like that in GT5 and GT6. I could for instance take the same Ferrari 458 I tuned into one of the career mode races, do an arcade mode race with it and then take it online.

Why is that exactly a problem now? It was like that in GT5 and GT6. I could for instance take the same Ferrari 458 I tuned into one of the career mode races, do an arcade mode race with it and then take it online.

Because now it's been done backwards. A lot of us will literally be starting the career with millions of Cr and so the progress will be a little... non existent, and it effectively then just becomes a bunch of trials to get 1st in each race. Which SP always really was, but it was backed up with saving for cars and modding cars.

You maybe wrong but for all i know you maybe right.

Back