GT Sport Maintenance Confirmed for December 22; New Update Incoming

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by OpenRoad_17, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Turbo Racer 48

Turbo Racer 48

Susoect highly unlikely as was likely in the Japanese yen currency format given thats the home country for PD.....

Also just for clarity I'd be careful assuming its 200k or whatever as these are clearly mock ups and every type showed same amount plus qualifying and tyre wear.

I'd expect the prize money for say Sunday Cup is in line with arcade mode for N100 race or so.....doubt Sunday Cup or Clubman would have qualifying or tyre wear...more likely in endurance etc.....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Baron Blitz Red

Baron Blitz Red

I wasn't calling either cheating, as I was using those examples of optional aids to ask this question...

Yes, I do realise that... but, if you're going to restrict one option that doesn't exist in real life, where would it end??? See list below...

It is not the only "fantasy option" that doesn't exist in real life, but does in MOST driving games. Don't forget long standing options like the "Driving Line" or optional views like the Bumper Cam, Bonnet Cam, Chase Cam etc. Those 3 views have been around for 20+ years!!! Would you get rid of those too???

This one I could agree with. BUT, if they did the same thing with wheel vs. controller users (as an example) you could be eliminating very good competition as well. There are some VERY fast controller users here in GT Sport that get top 10 times against wheel users. Would that be fair to separate them?

What I'm trying to get across if people are calling options cheating, that's not fair. Using an option is optional... it's your choice whether to use them or not. But don't think you're going to get away with calling people cheaters just because they use an option the game ALLOWS.

Now, as this line of conversation is off topic within this thread, let us stop it here. There are other open threads to further discuss this...

Cheers

3. Renrag39

Renrag39

@John Crellin
    Not got a problem with real life assists, even if they're not technically allowed in races like ASM. Just got a problem with imaginary assists. Especially ones that have little to no penalty.

4. John Crellin

John Crellin

Well IRL you aren't driving your car with your thumb.

Doomotron, Ramosis, Wilppu_ and 2 others like this.
  5. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Hope they change the on screen fuel warning to something you can turn off in the options.

6. Be4you

Be4you

The bad thing with counter steer assist, is that many players use it instead off tc. And learning to drive without tc and counter steer assist, takes a lot of practice. And my opinion is that investing lots of time to master this, should give you an advantage. I know you can drive I bit faster without CSA but it doesn’t slow you down much. TC prevent the car from going sideways, but that also slowing down exit speed dramatically. So that is more fair.

AgentBlackDog, gh229 and Renrag39 like this.
  7. meck_rb7

meck_rb7

What time in Europe is it out then? Netherlands..

8. Renrag39

Renrag39

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    John Crellin likes this.
  9. svenhjs666

svenhjs666

22 december 2017, 05.00 uur - 07.00 uur CET

meck_rb7 and Renrag39 like this.
  10. Zenjungian

Zenjungian

Lol.

11. ZnA1209

ZnA1209

GTS isn't a hardcore sim. Never has been. There's so many other fictional things in this game that removing CSA just because you're upset you're not always fastest is a poor excuse.

CSA arguments always devolve into a pad vs. wheel debate and I'm really tired of it.

It's a game

It's a game

It's a game

It's a game

FYI, this is the type of garbage arguments that "esports" and online stuff causes, and I hate it.

GregOr1971, Richstew, ynot and 2 others like this.
  12. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

I hope they bring variations of the Dragon Trail, too.

13. ZnA1209

ZnA1209

We likely won't see any new tracks or track variations for a long while.

14. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

15. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

I hope it is THE update..:)

16. joegrafter

joegrafter

this is the update , its got to be

17. ghostrider135

ghostrider135

Soon find out if its a few GB's in size, Here's hoping for PD's sake.

iGeaux_Psycho likes this.
  18. P0T5

P0T5

Well that's me sorted for tomorrow new DLC G29 wheel and lots of Stella lol

19. Potato_Head

Potato_Head (Banned)

How many Great Britain's will it be? My internet isn't fastest and if it's any more than 5GB it'll take me all night.

Doomotron and ghostrider135 like this.
  20. iGeaux_Psycho

iGeaux_Psycho

Agreed. If this in fact turns out to not be “the” update, then PD is going to lose a lot of credibility.

ghostrider135 likes this.
  21. joegrafter

joegrafter

December 21, 2017: 20:00 – 22:00 PST 4:00am -6:00am GMT ? I think

22. Potato_Head

Potato_Head (Banned)

I would seriously advise limiting expectations here. Not because I want it to be disappointing, but there's every chance that even if it is 1.9 that the content won't really be meeting some expectations.

23. NoFinClue

NoFinClue

[​IMG]

fortbo and Potato_Head like this.
  24. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Got to be. The last two updates stated that they were not the expected December update. This one doesn't so it must be the one...

25. PSDazmaniac

PSDazmaniac

If tomorrow's update isn't 'the' update then PD still have 9 days to bring it to us, seeing as they stated it was coming in December., lol.

Just nice to see PD keeping up their support of the game and long may it continue.

iGeaux_Psycho and mark5917 like this.
  26. iGeaux_Psycho

iGeaux_Psycho

Oh I agree completely and I personally don’t have my expectations set high anymore with PD until I physically see it... been burned too many times.

I simply think that PD will be burning themselves if this is not the update everyone is expecting. At the very least it needs to be the cars and then maybe GT league after ...

27. 2clicks

2clicks

Hopefully this is the one. I didn't force approval of my holiday leave to be disappointed.

sirjim73 likes this.
  28. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

How can we get MORE skylines, when we don't have any now? I will at least buy one of them, maybe both, i don't know yet ;).

meck_rb7 and sirjim73 like this.
  29. 2clicks

2clicks

Might be referring to the GT-Rs. But still that's hyperbolic.

IngRobNy likes this.
  30. Potato_Head

Potato_Head (Banned)

We all know the 35 is a Skyline, whether Nissan want to admit it or not. Just like the R34 is a Datsun.

GT6champNK_69 and ghostrider135 like this.