GT Sport Maintenance Confirmed for December 22; New Update Incoming

It is cool we gonna get more vehicles plus the inclusion of the GT League hoping they give out as much credits that were shown in the pictures.

Susoect highly unlikely as was likely in the Japanese yen currency format given thats the home country for PD.....

Also just for clarity I'd be careful assuming its 200k or whatever as these are clearly mock ups and every type showed same amount plus qualifying and tyre wear.

I'd expect the prize money for say Sunday Cup is in line with arcade mode for N100 race or so.....doubt Sunday Cup or Clubman would have qualifying or tyre wear...more likely in endurance etc.....

Last edited:
Why would you call using TC and ABS cheating when it slows you down?

I wasn't calling either cheating, as I was using those examples of optional aids to ask this question...

If you use TC, you're cheating. If you use ABS, you're cheating. Is that what you're saying?

The difference the above posts are highlighting is that TCS and ABS both exist in the real world, CSA does not. I believe that's their argument.

Yes, I do realise that... but, if you're going to restrict one option that doesn't exist in real life, where would it end??? See list below...

Finished?
CSA doesn't exist irl. I don't think this much fantasy belongs in this game.

It is not the only "fantasy option" that doesn't exist in real life, but does in MOST driving games. Don't forget long standing options like the "Driving Line" or optional views like the Bumper Cam, Bonnet Cam, Chase Cam etc. Those 3 views have been around for 20+ years!!! Would you get rid of those too???

It just need to match you with other racers with same aids thats it. If i use abs only then its more real to race against ppl who also only use abs. Mixed aids is never fair!

This one I could agree with. BUT, if they did the same thing with wheel vs. controller users (as an example) you could be eliminating very good competition as well. There are some VERY fast controller users here in GT Sport that get top 10 times against wheel users. Would that be fair to separate them?

What I'm trying to get across if people are calling options cheating, that's not fair. Using an option is optional... it's your choice whether to use them or not. But don't think you're going to get away with calling people cheaters just because they use an option the game ALLOWS.

Now, as this line of conversation is off topic within this thread, let us stop it here. There are other open threads to further discuss this...

Cheers

@John Crellin
Not got a problem with real life assists, even if they're not technically allowed in races like ASM. Just got a problem with imaginary assists. Especially ones that have little to no penalty.

I tried it once and it make me slower.

The bad thing with counter steer assist, is that many players use it instead off tc. And learning to drive without tc and counter steer assist, takes a lot of practice. And my opinion is that investing lots of time to master this, should give you an advantage. I know you can drive I bit faster without CSA but it doesn’t slow you down much. TC prevent the car from going sideways, but that also slowing down exit speed dramatically. So that is more fair.

I could if I wanted to. Wouldn't get too far though. Anyway, that's a hyperbolic fallacy.
I just think CSA is a step too far in the wrong direction.

I'm upsetting people here now- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/very-opinionated-csa-thread.372154/

GTS isn't a hardcore sim. Never has been. There's so many other fictional things in this game that removing CSA just because you're upset you're not always fastest is a poor excuse.

CSA arguments always devolve into a pad vs. wheel debate and I'm really tired of it.

It's a game

It's a game

It's a game

It's a game

FYI, this is the type of garbage arguments that "esports" and online stuff causes, and I hate it.

Debbie-Downer.png

I would seriously advise limiting expectations here. Not because I want it to be disappointing, but there's every chance that even if it is 1.9 that the content won't really be meeting some expectations.

Oh I agree completely and I personally don’t have my expectations set high anymore with PD until I physically see it... been burned too many times.

I simply think that PD will be burning themselves if this is not the update everyone is expecting. At the very least it needs to be the cars and then maybe GT league after ...

Back