GT Sport Maintenance Confirmed for December 22; New Update Incoming

Jesus that 4th race in the beginners sunday cup almost blinded me lol. Im sure it deends which car you chose, i drove the Nissan GTR with its huge backlights and since its a late evening race, every time i pressed the breaks the red glare would cover the whole screen.

Happy for the new singleplayer however the races are giving super low EXP even with gold.

PD never indicated there would be new tracks - the semi official tweets showed variations only. Tracks will come at some point as per the Top Gear interview (see below) with DLC starting from December so I suspect there will be a constant flow - there are 50 cars to come by March, as previously posted thats' effectively 12 per month. I suspect PD have a monthly release schedule planned - what it will contain nobody knows but them which in software development is correct as there can always be delays etc. Suspect that each month a week or two before release the DLC content will be notified just as done for initial November and now December DLC all of which has been free so far:

But that’s not the whole story. We recently chatted to the game’s creator Kazunori Yamauchi about what we could expect from GT Sport’s downloadable updates, both free and paid, over the next year or so. For a start, while there are some excellent fictional circuits and cars, Yamauchi reassured us that we’d be getting more realistic downloadable content as well. “So we plan on starting the DLC in December and that involves cars and tracks,” he told TG. “So there will be Vision cars, production cars, cars that have historical importance and then of course we want to have real world motorsport tracks as well as fun fictional tracks. We’re working on all these things.”

Memo: in my opinion this is spot on too
Lots to look forward to then, both in the immediate future and the longer term. Gran Turismo games might have a legendarily ponderous pace of development, but they’re also known for changing and expanding long after release as well.

It's just that I feel I didn't buy a full game that is expanding even further in the future, I feel that I bought half a game and the other half is divided monthly throughout 2018, which is frustrating for me, maybe I should've just waited and bought it in mid 2018 or something

heavieror. INKIHL, post: 12119006, member: 291217"]is a higher Weightreduction % higher weigt or a weight reduction?

examble Porsche 911 RSR 103% to 106%...

is that car now heavieror lighter?

sry iam at work and cannot ceck[/QUOTE]
heavieror. Lighter would be below 100%

So i went full shopping spree when i started GT S this morning :embarrassed: :lol:, bought both Skylines and i also bought the Nissan Nismo GT3, i don't know why i like Nissan this much, but the reason could be that my first car was a Datsun/Nissan 140Y:

Datsun_Sunny_140Y_1980.jpg

Not my old car, but this is the same model and colour :).

I also bought the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the Audi TTS Coupe to use in the GT League.

Edit.

Bought 2 more cars:lol:, the Mazda RX-7 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2010 also to use in GT League.

If i had to put a finger on something it must be the endurance league, only 2 races, i wish it was at least 5 races, other than that i'm very pleased with what we received in this update :), so thank you Polyphony Digital 👍.

Edit.

But maybe PD will increase the GT League when new tracks are added? We have to wait and see :).

Last edited:
Almost every Gr.3 car has been nerfed.
heavieror. INKIHL, post: 12119006, member: 291217"]is a higher Weightreduction % higher weigt or a weight reduction?

examble Porsche 911 RSR 103% to 106%...

is that car now heavieror lighter?

sry iam at work and cannot ceck
heavieror. Lighter would be below 100%

Actually, maybe a higher % does infact make the car lighter, so the Lambo I pretty much exclusively use (wish others used it more, its lonely :P ) is now a lot lighter and 1% less powerful, which sounds right tbh, speed was never an issue but I still couldn't match the Porsches.

[Edit] Looking at it now though, Porsche didn't get a power nerf and is 3% lighter and the Lambo is 2% lighter with a 1% power reduction. The Porsche is going to be the only car being used before long :( Hopefully I'm wrong and the weight is actually going up in both cars, which would give the Lambo a slight advantage in weight, which would make sense.

Last edited:
Actually, maybe a higher % does infact make the car lighter, so the Lambo I pretty much exclusively use (wish others used it more, its lonely :P ) is now a lot lighter and 1% less powerful, which sounds right tbh, speed was never an issue but I still couldn't match the Porsches.

[Edit] Looking at it now though, Porsche didn't get a power nerf and is 3% lighter and the Lambo is 2% lighter with a 1% power reduction. The Porsche is going to be the only car being used before long :( Hopefully I'm wrong and the weight is actually going up in both cars, which would give the Lambo a slight advantage in weight, which would make sense.
I thought the BoP shows weight as percentage of its standard weight, so over 100% is heavier than standard.

Windroad in the GT League menus is a nice touch. Haven't touched Sport mode since the update dropped so dunno about BoP tweaks. The only new car I've gotten so far is the Samba Bus. I seriously expected the Bus to be in Group X because it would be too slow to compete against anything. Little did I expect it to be in N100 with a BoP that nearly triples the power. The festive Scapes are nice too. And the combined Kyoto track is cool.

So, is the A.I. actually challenging now? Or is it still easy to pass cars? I'd like some competitive A.I. on expert difficulty.

Id say more stupid because now they actually make tons of mistakes. I had the guy behind me in the last lap hit the wall 3 times in all 3 corners, just went full speed off the track. Wierd.

Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 102%] [Weight Reduction Ratio: 100% > 101%]

Ouch, my 'vette got hit hard.

Quick glance at gr.4 makes me wonder if the M4 and GT Citroen will be reigning that class until the next update.

I believe your edit is correct. Weight is up on both and a smidge more oomph for the Lamborghini.
To be certain, pop into arcade and fiddle with the BoP toggle and see if the stats below it change.

Look on the bright side:

Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 90% > 91%] [Weight Reduction Ratio: 106% > 110%]
Renault Sport Mégane Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 105% > 100%]

Despite all the posts saying just nerf "x" as we all know its never quite as easy as that per real racing as otherwise "y" becomes dominant.......time will tell whether PD have got it basically right (won't ever be 100%) but does look as the changes are substantial affecting every car I think.

Edited...
Agreed, not easy, but lets look at 3 cars that got revised.
Megane will now have ~350hp (looses ~18hp over current) and weighs1100kgs/2420lbs.
Scirocco will now have ~330hp (looses ~18hp over current) and weighs 1050kgs/2211lbs.
Cayman will now have ~353hp (gains ~7hp) and weighs ~1443kgs/3174lbs (gains ~39kgs/86lbs)
Gadzooks! The Megane/Scirocco are still going to kill the Cayman on corner exit/top speed.

In the drag racing world, 10hp = ~100lbs... so, looking at it, they actually made the Cayman slower... and it has roughly the same power as the Megane yet is ~750lbs heavier... in the drag racing world the Cayman would need ~425hp to keep up with the Megane.

Looking at just those 3 examples, I am not optimistic that the current round of BoP will be the equaling we hoped.
And they made the RSR heavier... Boooo! Hopefully they put that weight up front :).

On the plus side, at least they are trying, yay!
Also on the plus side, thanks for the cars and offline entertainment.

Last edited:
Id say more stupid because now they actually make tons of mistakes. I had the guy behind me in the last lap hit the wall 3 times in all 3 corners, just went full speed off the track. Wierd.
Are you sure you weren't just in a daily race? :lol::lol:

Circuit racing isn't quite as simple as that though. But I get your overall point.
The extra weight could give an increase in stability or traction?
Plus, I don't know if the physics has had a tweak here and there.
Saw a post stating the yellow perils were taking scenic routes everywhere which could indicate such a tweak.
Entirely supposition of course.

Back