GT Sport Maintenance Confirmed for December 22; New Update Incoming

Do we really need more reward cars? Do all the races in the driving school, missions challenge and track experience and you will drown in cars, not to mention daily workout reward cars :).
I know but that’s how it’s always been in GT. Gotta keep the magic. Also, I worked to buy all the OG cars and there wasn’t even an achievement for it, or trophy. I know they will continue to add cars over time, but at least have an achievement for all the OG cars.

I’m just nit-picking here tbh though, great game overall!

but that’s how it’s always been in GT
But the previous GT games didn't have daily workout rewards, i don't know which GT game gave most reward cars, but i would believe GT Sport is pretty high up when i comes to reward cars :).
If the reward cars was higher than it is, we didn't need credit rewards, so i has to be a balance between credits and car rewards.

Do we really need more reward cars? Do all the races in the driving school, missions challenge and track experience and you will drown in cars, not to mention daily workout reward cars :).
There are too many reward cars. There were rewards for the daily workout where i thought "damn i wanted to buy that car".

But what would have been nice was a good car after every league... and no cars after the daily workout.

But the previous GT games didn't have daily workout rewards, i don't know which GT game gave most reward cars, but i would believe GT Sport is pretty high up when i comes to reward cars :).
If the reward cars was higher than it is, we didn't need credit rewards, so i has to be a balance between credits and car rewards.
Very true, when you first pick up the game it feels like you sneeze and you’re awarded a new car, but that does make sense because by the time you finish Circuit Experience and basic Campaign, combined with dailies, you’ll have a decent enough collection of all Classes to start taking part in Sport mode and Lobbies. Getting a dailiy workout Prize Car does seem a bit too generous at first thought. But when you consider how many days in a year you’d actually play and qualify for a daily, then even if you got a new car every time, it would probably still take a couple of years to Catch ‘Em All, given that Yama says there will probably be 500 cars in Sport’s lifetime. So makes sense. Still felt a tad bit disappointed when I completed the FF today and didn’t get a prize car.

Getting a dailiy workout Prize Car does seem a bit too generous at first thought. But when you consider how many days in a year you’d actually play and qualify for a daily, then even if you got a new car every time
But in that time you would most likely have 20 mill credits and buy the cars you don't have or buy the cars you need, it would take years before you got all cars in rewards, no matter how frequent the reward was, a bit less if there wasn't any duplicates.
I think PD want us to play the game and earn money to buy cars, instead of having a very high reward system in GT League like the campaign have, i think the rewards for the campaign was to get us started, the rest of the cars will be daily workout rewards and bought by us with the credits we earn for playing the game :).

Glad to glad to finally have some more substantial single player options. Still baffling it was missing initially as it almost certainly turned a lot of people off that probably won’t hear this news about it being added.

I hope they continue to add new races over time. Shouldn’t be too difficult now that the framework is in place

Still baffling it was missing initially as it almost certainly turned a lot of people off that probably won’t hear this news about it being added.

I read about it via twitter, i'm following Playstation, i'm glad i did, because when i learned that GT Sport would only be a online multiplayer game i lost the interest, so the news about the GT League was the reason why i bought it, the black friday discount helped also :embarrassed: :lol:.

My observations about the new GT League:
1) The menu music is straight from GT3: A-spec. Pure nostalgia! Great stuff!
2) I'm glad they are not handing out cars just for winning the easier races. I haven't played the endurance league events but maybe there will be prize cars for winning those, or other more difficult races.
3) Clean race bonuses are available in these races, so the looks like a good opportunity for practicing clean passes and learning better car control, for those of us who need more practice.
4) There should be at least a few series races in the GT League, where you have to finish highest in points over a series of 5+ challenging races to be the series champ (with a handsome purse. plus a prize car). All the single player modes in previous GT games had series races, as I recall.

My observations about the new cars:
1) Overall it's a decent lineup.
2) Who was clamoring for a Sambabus? I just don't get it. Granted, not every car in the game should be super fast and sporty, but the Sambabus is literally the opposite extreme. The only car that is slower is the 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen. At least give us the option of loading the Sambabus with our friends and going for a cruise around the streets of Tokyo! :D
3) And no stock cars? Blue Moon Bay is just begging for NASCAR races. Seriously, wow.
4) Did anyone notice the vehicle information for the Ford F-150 Raptor? it says it's "unlike no other." LOL what does that even mean?

The new track:
I am not trying to sound ungrateful here... but ONE track? A track that combines two tracks that WE ALREADY HAVE in this game? PD must be trying hard to stretch out the rest of this game's additional content. I am still expecting (eventually) to see all the original tracks, including Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Laguna Seca, etc etc etc. So many other tracks we all want so badly, and we get THIS? Feels like a slap in the face.

2) I'm glad they are not handing out cars just for winning the easier races. I haven't played the endurance league events but maybe there will be prize cars for winning those, or other more difficult races.
3) Clean race bonuses are available in these races, so the looks like a good opportunity for practicing clean passes and learning better car control, for those of us who need more practice.
4) There should be at least a few series races in the GT League, where you have to finish highest in points over a series of 5+ challenging races to be the series champ (with a handsome purse. plus a prize car). All the single player modes in previous GT games had series races, as I recall.

2) Who was clamoring for a Sambabus? I just don't get it. Granted, not every car in the game should be super fast and sporty, but the Sambabus is literally the opposite extreme. The only car that is slower is the 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen. At least give us the option of loading the Sambabus with our friends and going for a cruise around the streets of Tokyo! :D
3) And no stock cars? Blue Moon Bay is just begging for NASCAR races. Seriously, wow.
4) Did anyone notice the vehicle information for the Ford F-150 Raptor? it says it's "unlike no other." LOL what does that even mean?

The new track:
I am not trying to sound ungrateful here... but ONE track? A track that combines two tracks that WE ALREADY HAVE in this game? PD must be trying hard to stretch out the rest of this game's additional content. I am still expecting (eventually) to see all the original tracks, including Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Laguna Seca, etc etc etc. So many other tracks we all want so badly, and we get THIS? Feels like a slap in the face.
Hey, don’t slag off the Sambabus, it’s awesome! Driving simulator, not just race simulator. Sambabus just fills you with joy, plus imagine plodding along the Nordschleife in it like people do irl. Awesome.

Remember, too, that we got the game early. They wanted much much longer to continue developing it. All updates will be free so we will all end up getting the complete game as it is slowly updated. I’m happy we get to play the game in the mean time rather than waiting another year for development.

In GT6, I know I wanted to see the combined SS & Tokyo R246 tracks. Then, there was a flash video of a tunnel which may have been from the Route X circuit. Maybe this is a start to that. Combining Tokyo R246 to Tokyo Expressway and past SS courses.

There is an uncut version of the Lewis Hamilton Video here:

You can learn so much just from this video, amazing stuff. He kind of "slides" into some corners, or is it just me and my perception ?
With just so much speed that he gains grip immediatly after that small slide..

The new track:
Laguna Seca and Spa would be brilliant, and i really hope they will be released as free DLC. Such fun tracks.

There is an uncut version of the Lewis Hamilton Video here:

You can learn so much just from this video, amazing stuff. He kind of "slides" into some corners, or is it just me and my perception ?
With just so much speed that he gains grip immediatly after that small slide..

Agreed. He uses ALL of the track on exit and slowly unwinds the steering like Yama said. Brakes so late too. Great watch.

Is there a more detailed explanation for the Top 24 race thing?

I was under the impression that whoever was ranked within the top 24 via points at the end of the season was eligible to enter the race. I guess whoever was ranked below that but highest and queued would fill in open slots or something.

Other notes: The R32 GTR. I own one. The torque split gauge does not function like that (always on.) And the car is always overheating apparently lol

Another note: AI feels much slower or whatever compared to some of those Challenge Missions. And I'm typically getting a "handicap" bonus for using a slower car. I'm destroying the AI.

Last edited:
For those who have access to this new update, what are the races like in GT mode? Are they the single-file rolling start style we've had since GT4 where the lead car has a two-corner head start, or are they proper standing start grid layouts, like in GT1 to GT3 (and real life)?

Gran Turismo & Kaz ´s Depraved Mind: “Let ´s add some races in the new game mode, but if these bunch of idiots want to win races, it won ´t be easy. Let ´s make ´ em start from the back of the grid and give them some 40-sec. penalty. Additionally, let ´s speed up tyre wear and fuel consumption. “

For those who have access to this new update, what are the races like in GT mode? Are they the single-file rolling start style we've had since GT4 where the lead car has a two-corner head start, or are they proper standing start grid layouts, like in GT1 to GT3 (and real life)?

The next time Mr. Gran Turismo takes part of a race, let ´s tell the organizers to make him start in the back of the grid with a one-minute gap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to confirm that when you start a GT League race it shows a number on the side. Is that your Sportsmanship rating?

The update is Awesome,But some things must Change as soon as possible
1.Activate Blue/Black flags in sport mode to reduce troll drivers
Speaking of this. 2 The Match making system should match players not only based on thair Driving/Safety Ratings but also according to thair lap times,for example i raced in a GR.3 Dally race at Suzuka i did a 2.02.3 but all the other drivers Exept for maybe 2 each race where around 2.06 all the way to 2.20,as you can imagine it wasen't very fun.
3.Refind Penalty System.
The problem i have with it is that it is all over the place. For this example i return to Suzuka again
in the second Dekno (i think?) sorry if thats the wrong name lol,anyway if you go fast enough with one wheel on the grass it gives you a 2 Second penalty but i can cut 130R flat out & no penalty is given what? & if someone rams you both drivers are getting a penalty,the option to slow down or take the penalty in your overall time is something for small races
but for longer races a drive trough penalty must be in place stoping the driver who got the penalty creating a big enough or slowing down just a little bit & get away with it.
4. Better SR System my problem Here is that even the smallest touch makes your SR to go down & in most cases it takes more than what you will be able to make up by the end of the race, also if someone hits with anyway way your SR goes down as well
5.Change the qualifiying format in FIA Championchip races I mean its just BAD,again for this example i was racing at Suzuka in a GR.4 race for the Nations Cup i manage to do 2.11.0 when i was alone with the V8 Vantage but with 15 more pepole at the same time..... yea that didn't go well Because no matter how big gap i left someone always spined arourd etc etc i didn't nanage to get a single clean lap resaulting in a 2.25 lap time.
So PD must qualify every one like in the Dally races or give us a 3 Lap Super pole kind of format
Last but not least & that goes for the dally races aswell don't allow players who haven't done a single valide lap time enter a race until they do.
6. Re categorise cartain cars Quite a faw cars are out of place in GT sport notable Examples are the just added F-150 in N400 class the Vulcan in N700 both of them should be GR.X cars imo,Also is ironic to say the least making GR.3 varsions of cars like the peugeot VGT & say that others like the Mercedes VGT etc don't feet anywhere. Also do not allow up or down grading whille using an N class car in sport mode that way way could see proper class races Instead of one makes all the time.
7 more Costumization/ the return of the Classic upgrade System
The livery editor may be one huge Step Forword Because it allows as to make the car more personal than ever before But the new upgrading method & the limited to change rims only costumization are 2 Big steps Backwords like not even a proper power limiter & upgradeable brakes really???
also letting as add decals to our suit & helmet will be nice.
8. As much may love GT legue's return its to small to be worthy of that name even for the limited content GT sport has to offer at the moment.
Actually for number 2 I think it's already implemented. Back when I was E rank I'm always matched against Rank B to A players. Now that I'm B rank myself though I get the same problem as you do. I think it's more of the lack of players setting fast enough times at any given matchmaking moment. EDIT: Just to clarify, my Rank E qualifying times were good enough to earn me a podium spot at times. I'm usually .5 to 1 second off the pace from race leader

Last edited:
Back