GT Sport Maintenance Confirmed for December 22; New Update Incoming

Countersteering assistance. Aka cheat mode.

CSA (I assume) would only be beneficial to those who use a controller instead of a wheel. Using a wheel is real life, using a controller is not so, using CSA when using a wheel is wrong but using it when using a controller is not!

In other words - you can countersteer when using a wheel but it is harder to do so when using a controller, so PD has added an assist for controller users.

Jesus that 4th race in the beginners sunday cup almost blinded me lol. Im sure it deends which car you chose, i drove the Nissan GTR with its huge backlights and since its a late evening race, every time i pressed the breaks the red glare would cover the whole screen.

I experienced something similar doing a race in the dark. The rev leds of the car I drove were so blindingly shining, I had to switch to bonnet to be able to see something.

This is a free update, that's a great thing, so i don't want to be the one complaining, however... i was really looking forward to GT Leagues, but so far it has been a let down for me. Just 2 cups and 6 single races in the pro league? Thats not much. And then there are weird things like the boxer cup... where you drive an 911 GT3 RS against slow Subarus and the VW Samba bus... oh well. And there are no championships and no real progression system here, seems to me it won't even matter doing all races or not. Coming from the Forza drivers cup mode, this all is just a bit underwhelming.

I'm looking forward to the endurance league, though.

I experienced something similar doing a race in the dark. The rev leds of the car I drove were so blindingly shining, I had to switch to bonnet to be able to see something.

Like both of you I also noticed this on the Alsace race with a Mclaren 650S, I was leading by a considerable margin and decided to mess around changing views just for a change, Until I got to chase-cam and blinded myself with the brakelights.

You'd better not agree with me! Only room for one on this pedestal!
lol... The soap box is starting to colapse from the weight of Kaz-San's Christmas presents... See, he does want to make all GT series fans happy (if that's possible).. Yes genuine real world tracks are on the way... Patience is a virtue... KAZ did listen & took action!

CSA is "scifi aid" ....remove from game pls

Wheel users are fighting back... The CSA has reported to cut their lap times by a narrow margin!

Last edited by a moderator:
The update is Awesome,But some things must Change as soon as possible
1.Activate Blue/Black flags in sport mode to reduce troll drivers
Speaking of this. 2 The Match making system should match players not only based on thair Driving/Safety Ratings but also according to thair lap times,for example i raced in a GR.3 Dally race at Suzuka i did a 2.02.3 but all the other drivers Exept for maybe 2 each race where around 2.06 all the way to 2.20,as you can imagine it wasen't very fun.
3.Refind Penalty System.
The problem i have with it is that it is all over the place. For this example i return to Suzuka again
in the second Dekno (i think?) sorry if thats the wrong name lol,anyway if you go fast enough with one wheel on the grass it gives you a 2 Second penalty but i can cut 130R flat out & no penalty is given what? & if someone rams you both drivers are getting a penalty,the option to slow down or take the penalty in your overall time is something for small races
but for longer races a drive trough penalty must be in place stoping the driver who got the penalty creating a big enough or slowing down just a little bit & get away with it.
4. Better SR System my problem Here is that even the smallest touch makes your SR to go down & in most cases it takes more than what you will be able to make up by the end of the race, also if someone hits with anyway way your SR goes down as well
5.Change the qualifiying format in FIA Championchip races I mean its just BAD,again for this example i was racing at Suzuka in a GR.4 race for the Nations Cup i manage to do 2.11.0 when i was alone with the V8 Vantage but with 15 more pepole at the same time..... yea that didn't go well Because no matter how big gap i left someone always spined arourd etc etc i didn't nanage to get a single clean lap resaulting in a 2.25 lap time.
So PD must qualify every one like in the Dally races or give us a 3 Lap Super pole kind of format
Last but not least & that goes for the dally races aswell don't allow players who haven't done a single valide lap time enter a race until they do.
6. Re categorise cartain cars Quite a faw cars are out of place in GT sport notable Examples are the just added F-150 in N400 class the Vulcan in N700 both of them should be GR.X cars imo,Also is ironic to say the least making GR.3 varsions of cars like the peugeot VGT & say that others like the Mercedes VGT etc don't feet anywhere. Also do not allow up or down grading whille using an N class car in sport mode that way way could see proper class races Instead of one makes all the time.
7 more Costumization/ the return of the Classic upgrade System
The livery editor may be one huge Step Forword Because it allows as to make the car more personal than ever before But the new upgrading method & the limited to change rims only costumization are 2 Big steps Backwords like not even a proper power limiter & upgradeable brakes really???
also letting as add decals to our suit & helmet will be nice.
8. As much may love GT legue's return its to small to be worthy of that name even for the limited content GT sport has to offer at the moment.

The update is Awesome,But some things must Change as soon as possible
1.Activate Blue/Black flags in sport mode to reduce troll drivers
Speaking of this. 2 The Match making system should match players not only based on thair Driving/Safety Ratings but also according to thair lap times,for example i raced in a GR.3 Dally race at Suzuka i did a 2.02.3 but all the other drivers Exept for maybe 2 each race where around 2.06 all the way to 2.20,as you can imagine it wasen't very fun.
3.Refind Penalty System.
The problem i have with it is that it is all over the place. For this example i return to Suzuka again
in the second Dekno (i think?) sorry if thats the wrong name lol,anyway if you go fast enough with one wheel on the grass it gives you a 2 Second penalty but i can cut 130R flat out & no penalty is given what? & if someone rams you both drivers are getting a penalty,the option to slow down or take the penalty in your overall time is something for small races
but for longer races a drive trough penalty must be in place stoping the driver who got the penalty creating a big enough or slowing down just a little bit & get away with it.
4. Better SR System my problem Here is that even the smallest touch makes your SR to go down & in most cases it takes more than what you will be able to make up by the end of the race, also if someone hits with anyway way your SR goes down as well
5.Change the qualifiying format in FIA Championchip races I mean its just BAD,again for this example i was racing at Suzuka in a GR.4 race for the Nations Cup i manage to do 2.11.0 when i was alone with the V8 Vantage but with 15 more pepole at the same time..... yea that didn't go well Because no matter how big gap i left someone always spined arourd etc etc i didn't nanage to get a single clean lap resaulting in a 2.25 lap time.
So PD must qualify every one like in the Dally races or give us a 3 Lap Super pole kind of format
Last but not least & that goes for the dally races aswell don't allow players who haven't done a single valide lap time enter a race until they do.
6. Re categorise cartain cars Quite a faw cars are out of place in GT sport notable Examples are the just added F-150 in N400 class the Vulcan in N700 both of them should be GR.X cars imo,Also is ironic to say the least making GR.3 varsions of cars like the peugeot VGT & say that others like the Mercedes VGT etc don't feet anywhere. Also do not allow up or down grading whille using an N class car in sport mode that way way could see proper class races Instead of one makes all the time.
7 more Costumization/ the return of the Classic upgrade System
The livery editor may be one huge Step Forword Because it allows as to make the car more personal than ever before But the new upgrading method & the limited to change rims only costumization are 2 Big steps Backwords like not even a proper power limiter & upgradeable brakes really???
also letting as add decals to our suit & helmet will be nice.
8. As much may love GT legue's return its to small to be worthy of that name even for the limited content GT sport has to offer at the moment.
I think the same as you, specially in the 7th, it was great changing turbos, exhaust, color of brake calipers, spoilers... Hope they think about it!

I think the same as you, specially in the 7th, it was great changing turbos, exhaust, color of brake calipers, spoilers... Hope they think about it!
thanks mate i will make a thread about this exact things soon in order not to make useless posts here so lets discuss there if you want & for anybody else that wants as well

Hmm... so a few more or less random thoughts about GT Sport after the 1.10 update today.

• The 2002 Skyline is very, i repeat VERY, fun to drive.
  • GT Mode was necessary, i repeat NECESSARY. And i am happy that its here now. I would definitly probably not have bought the game if didnt knew about that plan to release GT Mode as free DLC
  • Its a bit sad the the GT Mode doesnt get achievements, it was nice in previous GTs. I dont really care for achievements but it was nice to have.
  • Why do you get cars after the daily workout? There arent that many, Instead give us money and xp and we get the cars. Its a bit silly i think.
  • Mileage Points. Why?
  • Give me my money-based upgrade system back where i can switch the clutch parts to achieve faster gear shifts. That was so much fun.
  • Mileage Points. Why? God.. Why?
  • I like scapes mode. I am always a little bit of a screenshot guy.. i love this.
  • Trackbased Tutorials a really really great to learn every corner of each track. Fantastic stuff.
  • GT Sports music collection is amazing, i love the diverse selection.
  • I need Spa.
Thanks for watching.

Its a very nice Yulegift/xmass time gift, I just hope they do add more GT: L events in, compared to say gt5 the list is.... underwhelming.

The only thing that irks me about these DLC cars is that we won't get to use them in Sport Mode, I can't see Polyphony doing BOP'd N-classes and I can't see people holding N100-700 lobbies online (I'm yet to see any fully populated ones).

There's a KTM X-BOW R which could have easily had a Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 version, and just like how the Gr. B Audi is a classic, the Countach, R34, RX-7 and F40 could have easily been classics in Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 and would help address this weird disparity we have with certain manufacturers having more than one car in some groups.

The only thing that irks me about these DLC cars is that we won't get to use them in Sport Mode, I can't see Polyphony doing BOP'd N-classes and I can't see people holding N100-700 lobbies online (I'm yet to see any fully populated ones).

There's a KTM X-BOW R which could have easily had a Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 version, and just like how the Gr. B Audi is a classic, the Countach, R34, RX-7 and F40 could have easily been classics in Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 and would help address this weird disparity we have with certain manufacturers having more than one car in some groups.

That is my only concern. Given how well they created race versions of road cars, it would have been great to see what they could do with a Group. B Swift or Gr.3 RX7.

VXR
That is my only concern. Given how well they created race versions of road cars, it would have been great to see what they could do with a Group. B Swift or Gr.3 RX7.

We'll need to see if it comes as part of the 50 cars before March. If it does cue people saying but I wanted X I don 't want another version of RX7 etc.

Also given a the "noise" around BOP not sure its a good idea to make it even more complex given the older cars would have less effective brakes/ABS if any & tyre grip......

They will still appear in one make Sport races e.g Swift today but really would it make sense to have a Gr.3 RX7 running with much newer real GT3's (or representations of them)....

I suspect any modern DLC may well have GR versions.....cue complaints if such new vehicles to the series are paid DLC........

Back