GT Sport PS4 Pro benefits

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 56 comments
I am enormously annoyed at this. So I need to buy new hardware to get the best experience on GT Sport?.

If you dont own a 4K TV, you're fine with the base hardware. The performance differences are no game breaker. If you do own an expensive 4K TV, it should be no issue to buy a PS4 pro as well. That's how i see it.

Playing in 4K in 60 fps simply isn't possible on a console that was released three years ago for just 399 bucks. The Pro is just an option for true gaming enthusiasts, just like 4K TVs are simply an option for tech enthusiasts. Nobody took anything from you. But those who are willing to make an investment? They are getting something for it. Sounds fair to me.

Last edited:
I´ve bought recently a samsung LED 4K 40KU6000 , it run GT Sport with a standard PS4 in HD 1920x1080 60P.
This is already very good to play , a wonderfull image full of details. It´s a realpleasure to drive in such conditions.
When i play assetto corsa , comparatively, graphics are so bad, the difference is really big. Assetto corsa on PS4 is in my opinion the worst graphic of the racing games i know from far.

Well, the beta has framerate unlocked in replays on PS4 Pro, better framerate in 1080p gameplay compared to standard PS4 and the pro also offer "4K" checkerboard from 1800p.

I´ve bought recently a samsung LED 4K 40KU6000 , it run GT Sport with a standard PS4 in HD 1920x1080 60P.
This is already very good to play , a wonderfull image full of details. It´s a realpleasure to drive in such conditions.
When i play assetto corsa , comparatively, graphics are so bad, the difference is really big. Assetto corsa on PS4 is in my opinion the worst graphic of the racing games i know from far.

Tbf, for a very small developer like Kunos, they did a very good job porting their game on console.

Tbf, for a very small developer like Kunos, they did a very good job porting their game on console.
How did they do great physics for a small developer ??? I don´t think it have something to see.
In my opinion AC did the console game to make money and it work very well it seems. PC always was a priority.I´ve felt really scammed during a long time. 1.14 help a little but it´s still far away from the PC version with much more options. Not talking about the full graphics of the PC but at least the Pcars PS4 graphics.

How did they do great physics for a small developer ??? I don´t think it have something to see.
In my opinion AC did the console game to make money and it work very well it seems. PC always was a priority.I´ve felt really scammed during a long time. 1.14 help a little but it´s still far away from the PC version with much more options. Not talking about the full graphics of the PC but at least the Pcars PS4 graphics.
PC master race... /sarcasm

You do make some good points. However, I think it's a little unfair. It's their first attempt to develop for consoles and they are porting rather than developing from the ground up. This makes it a little harder for them than it already would. So rather than comparing to the PC version I'd rather compare to what is already available on console. And for anyone who is most interested in the best simulated driving experience then AC is unmatched on console.

So whilst I agree that AC on console does not rival AC on PC it is still a damn good experience on console.

Very interested to see what benefits my PS4 Pro brings come release. I still think it's too early to draw any conclusions from the beta about any aspects of the game. E3 should hopefully tell us more.

Last edited:
PC master race... /sarcasm

You do make some good points. However, I think it's a little unfair. It's their first attempt to develop for consoles and they are porting rather than developing from the ground up. This makes it a little harder for them than it already would. So rather than comparing to the PC version I'd rather compare to what is already available on console. And for anyone who is most interested in the best simulated driving experience then AC is unmatched on console.

So whilst I agree that AC on console does not rival AC on PC it is still a damn good experience on console.

Very interested to see what benefits my PS4 Pro brings come release. I still think it's too early to draw any conclusions from the beta about any aspects of the game. E3 should hopefully tell us more.
In my opinion,this is unfair yes. Anyway, i still think the game have a great potential due to the unique cars physics.

I´ve bought AC for PC on Steam in march 2014 = USD 15 +Season pass on steam was USD 10 = USD 25.
My computer was to weak to continue and play the game.

I´ve bought AC for PS4 + season pass in setember 2016 = USD 90
For a very uncomplete game till recently.

AC for PS4 + season pass is now in 2017 = USD 60
1.14 version

Ok, i´understand now, i´m talking about actual games i´ve played on PS4. GT sport beta, Project cars and AC only.I agree with you that it´s not so much but those games are the ones i have and AC is far behind in question of graphics only.

...you know...I know the guys behind AC/Kunos and I know their commitment so I was just cheering them!
P.S.
I am here because of your work/tunes...so, (if that is not a bad thing :nervous:) just want to say "thank you"

...you know...I know the guys behind AC/Kunos and I know their commitment so I was just cheering them!
P.S.
I am here because of your work/tunes...so, (if that is not a bad thing :nervous:) just want to say "thank you"
You´re welcome. I don´t see how it could be a bad thing, it´s always a pleasure to share my hobbie and help players to enjoy more the game.
If you know Kunos people, it´s a good oportunity to congratulate them for the great game they have done and that they just need better graphics and some others little details to be at the top of PS4 racing games.

If you know Kunos people, it´s a good oportunity to congratulate them for the great game they have done and that they just need better graphics and some others little details to be at the top of PS4 racing games.

As you wish! Have a nice day

IMO the first PS4 version, so far, is good enough and PDI has time even after the release to optimize and get up as close to 60fps as possible for the first PS4 users.

I trust PDI to improve even more the visual quality, the visual effects and the fps, they still have room to improve in the PS4 system that is new for them.

Let that be a life lesson for you.
Lol. I was going to Inject for a little fun but you beat me to the punch. He'll get over it.

For those who are still confused about some of the crap you're reading here in the comments, regarding frame rate, and resolution; GT sport beta runs at 4k and Hdr 2.2, otherwise known as 2160p , or "ultra HD" w/ HDR. For those who claim the beta doesn't run in 4k. You're simply wrong. If you don't have access to it honestly there's nothing to be gained by regurgitating someone else's claims.
Second inaccuracy I see wasnt in the comments, but reported in the article itself! replays are 30fps when in 4k on a PS4 pro. There's no "doubling" of frame rate lol. Nothing is doubled when running in 4k on replays. It's 30fps. However, if you decided to change max resolution in PS4 pro's settings menu to 1080p, then re-launch GT sport, NOW replays will run at 60fps, but in 1080p of course, and only on PS4 pro.
To be perfectly clear guys, I wish to reiterate: In-game driving, no matter what system and configuration and resolution, is 60fps, and it looks and feels as though it is locked at 60. So if you think you'll see anything close to the screen tears and 50-55fps mediocrity seen constantly like on Gt6, think again. GT sport looks ****ing incredible. Its the best driving game I've ever seen so far. Ive talked with other sim racers from isrtv and iracing who have access as well.

In addition, often ive noticed Digital Foundry's findings tend to exadurate their conclusions. For example, they may report "drops" in frames, but the next journalist to report that fact in an article might fail to mention the duration and frequency, which in my observation, is pretty much .01%. What I'm saying is, I'm a picky mofo, and I've barely ever noticed frame drop, and cannot recall any instance in particular. If it happens, I think almost all of you won't even notice. But that's not important to some people. What's important is what's on paper, right? :/
Reading DF and all those comparisons is a bit of a waste of your time fellas.. It serves as literally nothing useful to anyone unless you're a compulsive graphics whore without a life or someone who's looking for troll bait material.

I'm on an LG Oled C6 65" TV.
-go over and see some of the streams on my "direct drive life" youtube channel if you'd like.

Lol. I was going to Inject for a little fun but you beat me to the punch. He'll get over it.

For those who are still confused about some of the crap you're reading here in the comments, regarding frame rate, and resolution; GT sport beta runs at 4k and Hdr 2.2, otherwise known as 2160p , or "ultra HD" w/ HDR. For those who claim the beta doesn't run in 4k. You're simply wrong. If you don't have access to it honestly there's nothing to be gained by regurgitating someone else's claims.
Second inaccuracy I see wasnt in the comments, but reported in the article itself! replays are 30fps when in 4k on a PS4 pro. There's no "doubling" of frame rate lol. Nothing is doubled when running in 4k on replays. It's 30fps. However, if you decided to change max resolution in PS4 pro's settings menu to 1080p, then re-launch GT sport, NOW replays will run at 60fps, but in 1080p of course, and only on PS4 pro.
To be perfectly clear guys, I wish to reiterate: In-game driving, no matter what system and configuration and resolution, is 60fps, and it looks and feels as though it is locked at 60. So if you think you'll see anything close to the screen tears and 50-55fps mediocrity seen constantly like on Gt6, think again. GT sport looks ****ing incredible. Its the best driving game I've ever seen so far. Ive talked with other sim racers from isrtv and iracing who have access as well.

In addition, often ive noticed Digital Foundry's findings tend to exadurate their conclusions. For example, they may report "drops" in frames, but the next journalist to report that fact in an article might fail to mention the duration and frequency, which in my observation, is pretty much .01%. What I'm saying is, I'm a picky mofo, and I've barely ever noticed frame drop, and cannot recall any instance in particular. If it happens, I think almost all of you won't even notice. But that's not important to some people. What's important is what's on paper, right? :/
Reading DF and all those comparisons is a bit of a waste of your time fellas.. It serves as literally nothing useful to anyone unless you're a compulsive graphics whore without a life or someone who's looking for troll bait material.

I'm on an LG Oled C6 65" TV.
-go over and see some of the streams on my "direct drive life" youtube channel if you'd like.
I didn't see anything exaggerated in DF's latest video, in fact they seemed to be quite diplomatic. And it did show very consistent frame drops in the usual situations, that being, cars bunched up together. That was at 4k so I'd expect 1080p to be a walk in the park for the Pro.

I tried to play it again but after driving A.C. i just can't do it . It has no feel, its like i'm floating on the track with a bump here and there, I hope they fix this or I just don't know, very arcade like feel.

I will say the graphics are awesome with a regular PS4 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to play it again but after driving A.C. i just can't do it . It has no feel, its like i'm floating on the track with a bump here and there, I hope they fix this or I just don't know, very arcade like feel.

That is a bummer about GT Sport feeling like an arcade game.

Having had access to the beta i went in expecting something spectacular,boy was i dissapointed big time and mind you i'm on a ps4 pro with the correct 4k settings needed to get the most out of your 4k tv.
1st thing that stood out for me,and offcourse you immediately see texture quality is better compared to gt6 but it looked aesthetic wise too much like gt 6 running on steroids for me, personally if i were a betting man this seems like a retooled gt6 engine and they tweaked it here and there to make it run on base ps4 and pro.
i don't get a 4k feel or look,it just looks too much like gt6 and that was not what i expected on especially a ps4 pro, e3 i'm going to watch that with a sharp eye cause i have a feeling turn 10 is going to show a fantastic racing game in 4k running with all the bells and whistles,i actually deleted the beta,canceled my preorder on gt sport and instead went for project cars 2 and f1 2017 cause of ayrton senna's mp4 machine,bottomline i gave up on gt,they no longer provide or cater to me what i want in a racing/sim software package,all i wanted was to drive some fantastic cars like say the aston martin vulkan,dynamic time and weather on all tracks and some other cars to look forward too, in my humble opinion project cars 2( and who knows in the future forza 7?) is the race game package that gt sport should have been!!

I am enormously annoyed at this. So I need to buy new hardware to get the best experience on GT Sport? My 'ordinary' PS4 was bought ONLY in anticipation for GT Sport and has hardly been used in the last one year. I am sooooo annoyed at this. The PS3 models were all indentical in performance and I stupidly thought the PS4 model variants would also always be the same when I bought mine. All this is is Sony being greedy.

Unfortunately young man, this is called Life.

Rjo
Having had access to the beta i went in expecting something spectacular,boy was i dissapointed big time and mind you i'm on a ps4 pro with the correct 4k settings needed to get the most out of your 4k tv.
1st thing that stood out for me,and offcourse you immediately see texture quality is better compared to gt6 but it looked aesthetic wise too much like gt 6 running on steroids for me, personally if i were a betting man this seems like a retooled gt6 engine and they tweaked it here and there to make it run on base ps4 and pro.
i don't get a 4k feel or look,it just looks too much like gt6 and that was not what i expected on especially a ps4 pro, e3 i'm going to watch that with a sharp eye cause i have a feeling turn 10 is going to show a fantastic racing game in 4k running with all the bells and whistles,i actually deleted the beta,canceled my preorder on gt sport and instead went for project cars 2 and f1 2017 cause of ayrton senna's mp4 machine,bottomline i gave up on gt,they no longer provide or cater to me what i want in a racing/sim software package,all i wanted was to drive some fantastic cars like say the aston martin vulkan,dynamic time and weather on all tracks and some other cars to look forward too, in my humble opinion project cars 2( and who knows in the future forza 7?) is the race game package that gt sport should have been!!

See ya later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately young man, this is called Life.

See ya later!
you'll see me later allright,when i get gt sport for a budget bin price what it's worth considering what there offering,no way i'm going to pay full price for an uprezzed gt6,i expect to see better on the ps4 pro that i have and what sony advertised it as well,this just comes down too pd being lazy imo while other developers go the extra mile like what project cars 2 is going to provide for both the pro and upcoming scorpio!!

Back