GT Sport Release Dates October 17-19. 2017

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 192 comments
With all the knowledge I have until today I think that GT Sport will be my eye candy scapes show off race game and PCars 2 for the racing itself.
Like every race game each has its unique selling points and both have their pros and cons. Could not decide. So my personal best solution was: pre order them both and also already pre ordered two bouquets of (Dutch wild) flowers for my wife with delivery dates Sept 22 and Oct 18. Solved :)

Happy Autumn to all of us!

Lol about the wife.Because the wife is always "You dont need two games that are the same....".There is no hope to explain why they (in your opinion) are not,so I really like you tactic there -and hope it'll do the job for you- :P

------>"and also already pre ordered two bouquets of (Dutch wild) flowers for my wife with delivery dates Sept 22 and Oct 18".

Now that's a smart guy. :cheers:
And both have a label with the text something like: these flowers are from your lovely gorgeous husband. You know that guy who lives upstairs in that race room who you have not seen the last couple of weeks and get used to it :cheers:

And both have a label with the text something like: these flowers are from your lovely gorgeous husband. You know that guy who lives upstairs in that race room who you have not seen the last couple of weeks and get used to it :cheers:

LOL. It has win.

dont buy flowers! buy every family member a new personal ds4 controller and get them involved in GTS! its for all people from 7-77! :D
My wife was very happy (don't now why?) when I bought the new PSVR Aim controller ;)
And my son and I race together AC, GTS beta, PCars, F1 2016, Dirt etc (in completely random order)

BTW Also tried GTS with a controller but I cannot get used to it. T300 is my choice

Haha funny to see this evolvement of completely going off topic. sorry mods but we're having fun so hopefully ok.

Maybe when its gone Gold you can relax a little :sly:..I am pretty sure this time they waited and waited before confirming a date that they have everything ready to go now and it will unlikely be delayed again with pressure from Sony...:gtpflag:
Don't want to be negative - see it as realistic - but the world is full of surprises. Also in this case: first seeing is believing. We as (potential) customers just have seen the outside of this GTS beta and that might be 40-50% of the full potential end product?? Based on the stage of the beta on July 14 and the release date of Oct 17 and about a month earlier it has to go gold ready for distribution etc. A lot I say a lot of work has to be done. Busy summer period for the poor programmers, devs, testers at PD or the product is already almost finished and they kept it secret (yes without communicating it to the audience ;) )

Don't want to be negative - see it as realistic - but the world is full of surprises. Also in this case: first seeing is believing. We as (potential) customers just have seen the outside of this GTS beta and that might be 40-50% of the full potential end product?? Based on the stage of the beta on July 14 and the release date of Oct 17 and about a month earlier it has to go gold ready for distribution etc. A lot I say a lot of work has to be done. Busy summer period for the poor programmers, devs, testers at PD or the product is already almost finished and they kept it secret (yes without communicating it to the audience ;) )

I think the Beta was not the product they were working on and was built to test the servers..but only a wild guess!

Edit: i.e limited 3-5 tracks and time of day not changing week at a time/cars limited to 36 etc it felt like a test game not finished (graphics/detail) although a beta, and maybe there will be another 'Full' Beta in August as I am sure they said there would be one more beta test.

Last edited:
I think the Beta was not the product they were working on and was built to test the servers..but only a wild guess!

Edit: i.e limited 3-5 tracks and time of day not changing week at a time/cars limited to 36 etc it felt like a test game not finished (graphics/detail) although a beta, and maybe there will be another 'Full' Beta in August as I am sure they said there would be one more beta test.
Yep I really hope we are right about our same thoughts. Who would bet on that, that an English gentleman and a Dutchie are so agreeable close together ;) Still high hopes for the final end product and PD be sure we don't get disappointed!!

AnUoLMN.gif
:bowdown:

The development of this beta have been stopped after 1.06. 1.07 and 1.08 were just bug fixes and "minor" additions.

Closed Beta is only a very small part of Gran Turismo Sport.

Yeah still barely interested.
Credits as part of a special edition only points to microtransactions, Huge mark against GT right there.
Livery creator stuff as part of special editions, Another huge mark against GT
I'll be giving my money to SMS instead based on these points alone.

Credits as part of a special edition only points to microtransactions, Huge mark against GT right there.
Yeah, not really. Just because you get credits with a special edition doesn't mean micro transactions are going to be in the game. And I mean, you will get that sticker pack if you decide to buy the Day 1 Edition, and that special edition will only cost €5-10 more than the standard edition. But that's if you live in Europe. North America isn't getting that much choice, which sucks for those people.

Awfully massive assumption considering it hasn't released yet.

As for the Pre-order stuff, again its early access at most. It just means some people get some of the in-game content earlier then others. I fail to see how this is somehow worse to you then Store exclusive Pre-order bonuses that isn't already in the base game (GT5 anyone?)

I fail to see how this is somehow worse to you then Store exclusive Pre-order bonuses that isn't already in the base game (GT5 anyone?)

Er, isn't that an equally large assumption?

Er, isn't that an equally large assumption?

All the pre-order cars for GTS are literally (at least from my time in the beta) already in the game so I'm not sure how what I said is an assumption. He's somehow equating cars already in the game as pre-order bonuses as automatic "Micro-Transactions", which makes no sense given they'll still be able to be acquired without pre-ordering.

I don't even know if you can technically call it micro-transactions since it wasn't in your face and you could simply use the daily bonus and grind for a short time just to circumvent it unlike most cases I've seen involving it.

Yeah, not really. Just because you get credits with a special edition doesn't mean micro transactions are going to be in the game. And I mean, you will get that sticker pack if you decide to buy the Day 1 Edition, and that special edition will only cost €5-10 more than the standard edition. But that's if you live in Europe. North America isn't getting that much choice, which sucks for those people.

Awfully massive assumption considering it hasn't released yet.

As for the Pre-order stuff, again its early access at most. It just means some people get some of the in-game content earlier then others. I fail to see how this is somehow worse to you then Store exclusive Pre-order bonuses that isn't already in the base game (GT5 anyone?)

Gran Turismo 6 had "micro" transactions and it ruined the game for alot of people, Locking things away and making someone grind in a game they paid AAA price for is morally wrong.

R* also does said microtransactions evidenced by the fact that you get "in game money" when you buy the game, I could list more but I choose not to waste my time doing so, That is all the proof I need to make a not so massive assumption 👍

All the pre-order cars for GTS are literally (at least from my time in the beta) already in the game so I'm not sure how what I said is an assumption. He's somehow equating cars already in the game as pre-order bonuses as automatic "Micro-Transactions", which makes no sense given they'll still be able to be acquired without pre-ordering.

I didn't see anything about it being "worse" than store exclusives. That was your assumption.

I don't even know if you can technically call it micro-transactions since it wasn't in your face and you could simply use the daily bonus and grind for a short time just to circumvent it unlike most cases I've seen involving it.

Just because some folks find them avoidable doesn't stop making them microtransactions. If that were the case we could say just about any game doesn't "technically" have them!

Back