GT Sport Release Dates October 17-19. 2017

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 192 comments
Indeed. I love it too.
You have great sounding games in the market, but is like you're hearing the car without the helmet and with your ear in the engine, as with every other game out there.
Even with bad sounds GT always got that right for me. Now, with GT Sport, they seemed to figured it out.
At least with the beta, the cars sound actually really good. Not all of them, but you can see and particularly hear they're finally adressing the issue.
Hearing races at 45 volume with my HT is just OUTSTANDING. I can't imagine how good is going to be this time around with the final game :)

PLUS some new images:

If that is really SDR then I shall eat my hat. That is a photoshop filter bullshot through and through, just to try and pass off HDR as being even better than it actually is ( it is good, but c'mon...). They've clearly placed a layer over the "SDR" image and then made it grey and chosen an "overlay" or "multiply" option for its translucency :lol:

My TV can't do HDR ( it has wide colour, but that's not HDR ) and not one of my games looks that washed out and filthy. THey look absolutely fine. So if GTS actually looks that awful on my TV, I will definitely be giving this game a miss unfortunately :(

Excellent ! One week after my birthday !

giphy.gif
One day after mine.

If that is really SDR then I shall eat my hat. That is a photoshop filter bullshot through and through, just to try and pass off HDR as being even better than it actually is ( it is good, but c'mon...). They've clearly placed a layer over the "SDR" image and then made it grey and chosen an "overlay" or "multiply" option for its translucency :lol:

My TV can't do HDR ( it has wide colour, but that's not HDR ) and not one of my games looks that washed out and filthy. THey look absolutely fine. So if GTS actually looks that awful on my TV, I will definitely be giving this game a miss unfortunately :(

Is just an exageration to make it more clear. It can be misleading though.
HDR is something, at least for me, that can not be understood without actually seeing it, just like VR. I believe that's the reason why when we get this "examples", those are portrayed like that.
I remember thinking, it can not be that much of a difference and bum! It's huge.

10 bucks it gets pushed back...

I really don't see that happening, unless it's a production issue. Even then, given the trends these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony went forward with the launch on a small physical supply and relied on digital sales until production could be brought back in-line.

It was delayed for very nearly a year. I can't imagine Sony would be okay with it missing a lucrative holiday season again.

It isn't.

They have to do it that way because without looking at the comparison on a HDR monitor both images would look the same. So instead they dumb down the none HDR image to give an impression of the difference.

You will have to wait until you see it in person. They have to muck around with these images for SDR/HDR comparison because if they show you the true SDR and true HDR images side by side they will look exactly the same on your monitor. They are working by seeing the two side by side, and then applying a filter over the SDR image for this comparison to try to portray the difference you see when you actually compare the two side by side in real life. And of course in-house they are probably comparing a run-of-the-mill 10+ year old tv capable of ~100 nits to one of the new Sony Z9D tv's capable of 2000 nits, so unless you are buying a $5000+ tv to play on you won't get the full effect of the HDR. I think in 2-3 years when 2000 nits is the norm for a consumer tv this game will just look better and better.

I want to see a DLC roadmap.

Yeah that to, I hope all tracks are free though. If they add tracks and they cost money it starts to separate the online community which they don't want to do because this games focus is on the online counterpart. I'm fine with cars being paid DLC though I say they do they driveclub route with the cars. Packs of 5 - 10 cars (maybe more) every few months so the car roster eventually fills out nicely for the first year. They have to of planned alot for dlc this will be the only GT on the ps4 I think so they have to support it well and keep the content coming regularly and fast.

My expectations couldn't be lower. I'm a big fan of the series but after being let down by GT5, GT6 and the GTS Beta, I'll wait for the reviews.
This.
First time ever I'm not hyped for a GT game. Meh, I'm probably just getting old ...

October 18th in the UK! Incredible. Just as I predicted. My Birthday will be on the 20th Oct so I'll be treating Myself to the Collectors Edition :)

My birthday is on October 20th as well haha, but i will probably only get the steel book version even though i would like to get the collectors edition.

Last edited:
Where does it say it's exclusive?
My bad sorry they come with sticker pack.

What is a sticker pack and why would they have "sticker packs" in the first place?

I'm getting a paint chip vibe.

If I preorder the limited edition from GameStop will I still get the other limited edition items like the RCZ Gr.B & 30 avatars..etc.?

Its worth mentioning to everyone here questioning the pre-order stuff for in-game that it is likely more or less instant access. The cars (Peugeot 908, Toyota FT-1, etc) are cars already in the game that you can just use earlier. Sticker packs for the livery editor is likely just certain decals already in the game that you again get instant access to without spending credits.

The DLC is more then likely where all the new stuff not seen in the BETA or trailers will be.

Its worth mentioning to everyone here questioning the pre-order stuff for in-game that it is likely more or less instant access. The cars (Peugeot 908, Toyota FT-1, etc) are cars already in the game that you can just use earlier. Sticker packs for the livery editor is likely just certain decals already in the game that you again get instant access to without spending credits.

The DLC is more then likely where all the new stuff not seen in the BETA or trailers will be.

Why would stickers not be instant access?

3 months to convince many many players......will be interesting to see how it'll work out.

I gave in too easily as I know I will end up buying it anyway for the photomode and Scapes :ill: and really enjoyed playing the Beta and watching it get better and better with each update, so in the end I went for the Pre-order 'Digital Deluxe' version now I have the extra storage. (+ you get the pace car pack and few extras digital) and it will save keep swapping discs over between this and PCars2/Assetto Corsa. This was the same version I had on pre-order before. 👍
2017-07-13_190554.jpg

Back