GT Sport Requires an Internet Connection for Game Saves

I don't go to NEOGAF but I recall someone here saying that the GAF was much more GT friendly than GTP. That's odd because I think I got herpes just reading the first few posts in that link:lol:

They were actually :lol: . PD kinda deserve the pitchforks for this though. I honestly have no idea how people cheat and if this will lessen that, but if they mess up the servers then I'll be really 🤬 off.

It's a crappy move. But there was still time last week to cancel those pre-orders, no?

It's indeed 2017, where any game with both a single and multi play component has those saves separated (single player save stored offline and multi player save stored online). ;)

It's a lot more convenient to store online than store on device, don't want to ever be in the stupid position that smart phones put you in when your storage is full.

I think it's now useless to keep complaining about the online save. All we can do is vote with our wallet. For the first time, I pre ordered a digital copy and now I regret my choice. The demo was fun but the online policy awful, almost arrogant.

Guys, it's 2017, not 1997.
Whats the date and the time? I don't think I know that either.

It's a lot more convenient to store online than store on device, don't want to ever be in the stupid position that smart phones put you in when your storage is full.
How exactly is it easier to save a file not on a local device, compared to having it local?

My internet connection is solid, but this is not going to go well with people in other nations without that luxury. Nor will it go down well with those traditionalist guys who do don't realize GTS is online-save when they buy the game and get home. At least you don't have to have PS+ to save. But if PD goes back and changes this, I wouldn't be surprised.

I thought the demo wasn't bad but the more than I think about this "little issue" here, this is really keeping me off from buying it,not because I can't have an always online set up but there are multiple reasons. 3 of the main problems for me.
1.Everytime there will be a problem on their end, it basically means you can't save or progress for sh** in any mode even if Arcade is playable. Pretty sad isn't it? You invest money in a product that is supposed to be playable and finished by the time you own it.

2.I like to have my Ps4 disconnected every now and then,not for fun but i don't see a reason why it needs to be connected when I'm not downloading something or playing online. Thats a personal thing I know but I'm used to it. Again not doing it for fun, it has a purpose maybe its a technological one maybe a practical one whatever and there will be other people like me and more than one may think. And in the end the messaging should still not be praised. One one hand they say online portion of the game is "only 15%" but on the otherside they basically lock everything behind that online wall lol.

3. There is nothing, I mean nothing special about the single player modes, They play like you would expect SP to play. No special system that will somehow implement other peoples actions directly into your "offline" portion.

These design decisions are a bit too crazy for my taste. Gamers will just accept anything these day especially younger ones born around 00's they do not seem to know or care much about the origins of the industry. I can promise you one thing. If PS5 is always online, I'm very likely done with this interactive hobby and will probably migrate to something else that gives me enjyoment.

Last edited:
Single player content shouldn't be locked behind a forced online save period. If they want you to save in the cloud that is fine but the savefile should also be local on your PS4 and 2-way sync should be enabled! PD can let the servers check if the savefile isn't altered illegally and just let it sync. The current situation is plain stupid.

I ordered GT Sport but I'll support any polite action in getting the save policy changed.

Since I have the disc version, I wanted to see for myself how online dependent GTS is, with no day 1 patch installed and no save file. All you get is all the modes under Arcade, 3 tracks, and 30 cars to choose from. That's all.

On the plus side the game does save your option settings offline!

Guess this seals the deal then. This means I will either skip the game entirely or get it used later. I have no interest in online races and the always online requirement is BS.

Thanks but no thanks, PD, maybe next time with Gran Turismo 7 on PS5

My internet connection is solid, but this is not going to go well with people in other nations without that luxury. Nor will it go down well with those traditionalist guys who do don't realize GTS is online-save when they buy the game and get home. At least you don't have to have PS+ to save. But if PD goes back and changes this, I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't forget the inevitable server maintenance/downtime

Back