GT Sport Returning STANDARD Car Predictions

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 180 comments
Now that we got the 3 Group C cars in the May content update, It's no doubt that we'll see more in the future. Of course the Mazda 787B but that was premium. But I think the Peugeot 905 and Nissan R89C could return. The R89C will fit in with the R92CP and the 905 will fit in with the Peugeot 908 LMP1. There seem to be a pattern in GT Sport. PD tries to add both old and new versions of cars so I don't see why they won't come.

VXR
I'd like to think that the GT1 JDM returnees will see some cars such as the Mirage Cyborg R and Primera '90 make a return.
In also hoping the EK Civic returns. It had an RM version as well. Even though it was butchered in GT6 Online(10,000mph or something like that), I liked using the RM for those DREAM car Championships. It might actually be competitive, now that PD make FF cars equal to awd & RWD.

The car I raced most in GT6 was the 1971 240 Nissan ZG.
I would love to see a premium version of this old girl make an appearance.

Jensen Interceptor is 2nd on my list.
Loved the ZG. Just needs wheel spacers.
images

Still with the 3000GT VR4 hype here, the other 90's japanese cars are represented here, why not the 3000gt? And also the NSX, preferably the 2002 model as the face lift it got looks amazing.
We might very well see it. PD so far has added many cars to Toyota and Nissan. Now its Subaru's and Mitsubishi's turn. We had 3 Subarus already added (however I'd like other models because the 2 BRZs and Isle of Mann WRX IMO are duplicates since we already had 3 WRXs) and 1 Mitsubishi added. I predict more to come. They'll probably be Lancers but I will always want to see other models like the 3000GT for more variety.

Now that we got the 3 Group C cars in the May content update, It's no doubt that we'll see more in the future. Of course the Mazda 787B but that was premium. But I think the Peugeot 905 and Nissan R89C could return. The R89C will fit in with the R92CP and the 905 will fit in with the Peugeot 908 LMP1. There seem to be a pattern in GT Sport. PD tries to add both old and new versions of cars so I don't see why they won't come.
The 88C-V could return too.

Am i the only one who wants to see back the E-Type ? I loved that car back in GT4 , and imo it's one of the prettiest cars ever , especialy in British Racing Green.
81652.jpg
Same here, its an utterly beautiful automobile. We aren't the only ones to think that: Enzo Ferrari: "The Jaguar E-Type is the most beautiful car ever made."
Of couse, he said that 50+ years ago. But that quote still lives up to it's words

Now that I think about it, if PD decides to add more vintage air cooled Volkswagens to GT Sport (EX. The Type 2 Samba), It makes sense for them to add the premium Beetle the 1200 model from 1966 rather than the 1100 standard model from 1949 I predicted. It'll be much more easier for PD and if they were to bring back a standard model classic Volkswagen to GT Sport, I think they'll bring back the Karmann Ghia rather than the '49 Bug.
The Karmann Ghia is often regarded as the most beautiful VW and i can't disagree:
60956_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

What a mouth watering little car :drool::drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
As listed in my predictions, I agree the 1998 MINI 1.3i needs to return. It is a cult car and MINI only has one car in GT SPORT. That is the Vision GT so it would be nice to see the original mini to accompany it.

I can't resist this face...
rover_mini_2000_wallpapers_1_b.jpg

I agree with you. I find it strange that a Mini Vision GT car was even created for this game. There would be no "vision" if not for the Cult status that the original achieved. PD need to hurry up and bring the classic version back for GT Sport.

I agree with you. I find it strange that a Mini Vision GT car was even created for this game. There would be no "vision" if not for the Cult status that the original achieved. PD need to hurry up and bring the classic version back for GT Sport.
Again, liveries for this car would be endless. From Paul Smith to Swiftune, might get the most liveries created for a car in game.

The trend seems to be that the only standard cars that have come to Gran Turismo Sport are only from Japanese makes. We got 2 cars from Toyota, 1 from Nissan, and now 1 from Honda. If there are going to be more Hondas, I'd expect something like the EG Civic hatch or CRX to return GT Sport because those were pretty popular in GT6.

Subaru Impreza 22b STI '98
'95 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22B
Subaru Impreza 22B STI 1998
Subaru Imprezza 22B-STi '98 (N300)
Funny how accurate you guys all are are with predicting cars! I can't wait for it's return.
Maybe you guys can all just list some more of the same car and they'll soon be included in GTS. ;)

latest

How about one of Kaz’s personal cars that was secretly in GT3 for a while, the Porsche 911 (996) GT3! With the recent acquisition of the long awaited Porsche license, it would be no surprise to see this in the car roster one day!

*prays for this to return*
You know, I thought this car would have been way at the bottom of the list for receiving the super premium treatment but I guess I was wrong.

I thought there was already a thread for this...?
Anyhow, my list:
'85 Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86)
'70 Dodge Charger 440
'92 Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5 Evolution II
'92 Jaguar XJ220
'70 Plymouth Superbird
'64 Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO
'93 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti
'95 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22B
'02 Daihatsu Midget
'93 Honda Beat
'91 Honda Civic (EG)
'99 Mercedes CLK-LM
'89 Nissan R89C
Well so far, 2 cars from this list have come to the game. I wonder what we'll get next...

I'm seeing more Mini history, than any other manufacturer. Probably different for everyone, but it's such a tease. Can't wait to see that silhouette.

latest

How about one of Kaz’s personal cars that was secretly in GT3 for a while, the Porsche 911 (996) GT3! With the recent acquisition of the long awaited Porsche license, it would be no surprise to see this in the car roster one day!

*prays for this to return*

And many more quotes above...

With the hit rate so far in this thread, either you all need to go get lottery tickets :bowdown: or someone at PD is looking at this thread 24/7 :lol:

I mainly want the hachiroku to return just to hear the speed chime :lol:, correct me if I am wrong but
no other game (currently/present time) has ever recorded the speed chime correct ?
I only remember seeing an Asseto Corsa mod on the speed chime but thats about it?

Who of you here ever played Battle Gear 1-2-3 or 4? In arcade games? 💡
I remember clearly hearing the speed chime in the AE-86.

This is not me driving btw, I just simply remember playing this back when I was younger (and sometimes now when I go with my little brothers) and hearing the famous speed chime in the AE-86.

Last edited:
The old S6 and RS6 were also standard cars (let alone the already premium rs6 we had).

Also the KPGC110 gtr please

And many more quotes above...

With the hit rate so far in this thread, either you all need to go get lottery tickets :bowdown: or someone at PD is looking at this thread 24/7 :lol:
Not much help this time. Though I am seeing lots of old car museum pics on my GTS screen saverOld Hyundais, Old Toyotas(Corona coupes are cool).

Just mentioned in another thread. I'll throw in that Shelby GT350R.
images

Back