GT Sport Returning STANDARD Car Predictions

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 180 comments
Maybe a EG Civic? They have a long history of being popular cars for wangan racing, and with the addition of another Tokyo Expressway layout (and now a modified 240Z) it would be fitting. Though anything at this point is just wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with that, though.

Last edited:
I’m going to take a shot in the dark here and say - Altezza RS200 and FTO?
The FTO was one of the better looking standard cars in GT6.
The Altezza (and the abroad Lexus IS) is still a popular tuner car to this day, aswell as racing and drifting variants being made. (Lexus IS200 GT Car that raced in Korea.)
Oh, and the 2CV and Subaru 360 for more classic, slower cars. 💡

So far these former standard cars have been updated to super premium since Gran Turismo Sport released in late 2017.

1991 Honda Beat
1992 Honda NSX-R
1998 Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
1961 Jaguar E-Type Coupe
1992 Nissan R92CP
2001 Porsche 911 GT3 (996) [hidden car in older GT title]
1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi-Version
1997 Toyota MR2 GT-S
1997 Toyota Supra RZ

I need a little more time to come up with a list myself.

In case you need some inspiration: https://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

Last edited:
You forgot the mention the 1992 Honda NSX-R, it was a standard in GT6. The only premium 90s road going NSX was an Acura NSX, but that's not completely the same car due to things such as the performance and steering wheel location.

For my own predictions:
Honda - The next car could be the EG6 Civic SiR-II (one of them) due to its long history in Gran Turismo.
Toyota - Celica ST205 GT-Four since the other premiumized standard Toyotas are in the same decade. If not that, then an AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex.
Nissan - 1996 Silvia S14 K's Aero, Nissan has a similar theme of adding cars from the 90s and this is only 90s Silvia that's a standard car in GT6. Alternate answer: 1996 Nissan 180SX Type X.
Subaru - Either the 2001 Impreza WRX STi (bug-eye) or 2002 Impreza WRX STI (blob-eye). Alternate idea is that they could continue their Micro-car theme with the Mini and Fiat 500 and add the 360.

Last edited:
My own predictions for what standard cars I think could make the immediate jump to Super Premium include:

BMW: M3 CSL '04
Chaparral: 2J '70
Chevrolet: Chevelle SS 454 '70, Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96
Citroen: 2CV Type A '54
Dodge: Charger 440 R/T '70
Ford: RS200 Rally Car '85
Honda: Civic SiR-II (EG6) '95
Jaguar: XJ220 '92
Mercedes-Benz: 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
Mitsubishi: FTO GP Version R '97, Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
Nissan: Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71, R390 GT1 '98 + Road Car
Peugeot: 205 Turbo 16 '85 + Evolution 2 '86, 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92
Plymouth: Superbird '70
Subaru: SUBARU 360 '58
Toyota: Celica GT-Four (ST205) '98, GT-One (TS020) '99, Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86) '83
Volkswagen: Golf I GTI '76

Out of all of them though, I feel like the M3 CSL, Chaparral 2J, Jaguar XJ220, Mercedes 190E, Mitsubishi FTO, Nissan R390, Peugeot 905, Toyota Celica ST205, TS020 and AE86 Trueno are the most likely ones to actually make the cut and get in the game either due to immense fan demand or because PD deems them worthy of being added to the game.

Could get a DC2 and DC5 or EK9. My reason being, we did get two Honda Kei, cars instead of three different manufacturers.
Well the DC2 is coming. Since so many Hondas are returning, I expect one of the EG SiR-IIs to return.
latest

Last edited:
Toyota GT One
Nissan R390 GT1
Ford GT40 Race Car
Mercedes E190 Evo
BMW M3 CSL
TVR Speed 12
TVR Griffith
Toyota Minolta
Toyota Corolla AE86
Mitsubishi FTO/3000GT
Panoz Esperante GT1
Chaparral 2D/2J

That’s all I can think of at the moment but I think we could see these cars returning this year hopefully.

Not much help this time. Though I am seeing lots of old car museum pics on my GTS screen saverOld Hyundais, Old Toyotas(Corona coupes are cool).

Just mentioned in another thread. I'll throw in that Shelby GT350R.
images
Finding out the F50 is coming, any car is possible to make it in this game.
This is a brand new model like the M3. So, maybe any standard would get a refreshed model, similar to the '65 Mini. Say, the Shelby GT500, but the KR version. Again, PD do surprises well.
Well, GT350. :)

Could get a DC2 and DC5 or EK9. My reason being, we did get two Honda Kei, cars instead of three different manufacturers.
👍
Well the DC2 is coming. Since so many Hondas are returning, I expect one of the EG SiR-IIs to rerturn.
latest
We've got 11 more possible updates before end of year and a possible 200 cars to go, before the next game. Could happen.
Toyota GT One
Nissan R390 GT1
Ford GT40 Race Car
Mercedes E190 Evo
BMW M3 CSL
TVR Speed 12
TVR Griffith
Toyota Minolta
Toyota Corolla AE86
Mitsubishi FTO/3000GT
Panoz Esperante GT1
Chaparral 2D/2J

That’s all I can think of at the moment but I think we could see these cars returning this year hopefully.
The 190 and Minolta are the stand outs. Definitely see those coming this year..
The AE86 has got to be a guaranteed inclusion. I'd love to know what the hold up is.

Well, GT350. :)
The 190 and Minolta are the stand outs. Definitely see those coming this year..
The AE86 has got to be a guaranteed inclusion. I'd love to know what the hold up is.

the hold up is on Toyota, supposedly. They aren't licensing out any of their cars anymore, supposedly, and the only reason GT Sport got any after they made that decision was because it had an existing agreement with them, supposedly. Whether or not the contract is still active is unknown but given that there hasn't been a single car from one of the most popular manufactures since April last year kinda tells me it isn't anymore.

the hold up is on Toyota, supposedly. They aren't licensing out any of their cars anymore, supposedly, and the only reason GT Sport got any after they made that decision was because it had an existing agreement with them, supposedly. Whether or not the contract is still active is unknown but given that there hasn't been a single car from one of the most popular manufactures since April last year kinda tells me it isn't anymore.
I don't think there's some sort of contract happening imo. If that were to be the case then the SC430 GT500 shouldn't have appeared. It may be a Lexus but they're still related.

Only way to find out is whether the new Supra is making it's way to Sport or not. If the new Supra comes then Toyota is still in.

I don't think there's some sort of contract happening imo. If that were to be the case then the SC430 GT500 shouldn't have appeared. It may be a Lexus but they're still related.

Only way to find out is whether the new Supra is making it's way to Sport or not. If the new Supra comes then Toyota is still in.

I believe the term is keiretsu. Japanese companies that have intertwined fiscal and professional relationships with each other. It's very possible that Toyota and Sony (maybe even Toyota and PD) have such a relationship and that's why GT gets Toyota cars and American video game producers don't. That's my theory at least.

Mitsubishi 3000 GT, the poor man's Ferrari. Although I doubt it, that was one of the first cars in deploying aero parts while driving, it's meaningful but irrelevant; since Mitsubishi is not doing anything particularly especial nowadays.

When you miss the 90's Japanese performance cars and you suddenly feel old, very old.
tenor.gif

Mitsubishi 3000 GT, the poor man's Ferrari. Although I doubt it, that was one of the first cars in deploying aero parts while driving, it's meaningful but irrelevant; since Mitsubishi is not doing anything particularly especial nowadays.

When you miss the 90's Japanese performance cars and you suddenly feel old, very old.
tenor.gif

It was styled after a Ferarri after all

They got Active Aero from VW :P took it to next level in the front tho

They put bucket loads of tech in the first gen 3k, was probably the most technologically stuffed car out of Japan at the time. Too bad economics screwed it :/

Gran Turismo (original game) it was Skyline vs GTO GT

They ought to bring it back just cuz it was such a staple car in the original game

It was styled after a Ferarri after all

They got Active Aero from VW :P took it to next level in the front tho

They put bucket loads of tech in the first gen 3k, was probably the most technologically stuffed car out of Japan at the time. Too bad economics screwed it :/

Last summer I almost imported one of this from Japan, but japanese don't have the need of keeping a proper history for cars (don't really know why). It was priced only at £600 due to the value of the yen. I said no in the last moment because the lack of history, still regret not taking it :guilty:, now is gone.

Last summer I almost imported one of this from Japan, but japanese don't have the need of keeping a proper history for cars (don't really know why). It was priced only at £600 due to the value of the yen. I said no in the last moment because the lack of history, still regret not taking it :guilty:, now is gone.

Honestly you probably made the smart move. If its a first gen a lot of stuff can be on the way out and all of it aint cheap. Its a bunch of hard to find stuff. Even cars with a good following after 25 years parts get hard to find. I have a Dub that's popular, mk2, and even me I'm on the phone to Europe to find parts they just dont make any more.

Although Japan supposedly has a lot of tuner car platforms, japan super cars for sale piling up

Although Japan supposedly has a lot of tuner car platforms, japan super cars for sale piling up

Literally piling up, thousands of japanese 90's cars for sale or auction every year, including R32's and R34's for under £5000 (including shipping). The problems is the parts, of course. For Mitsubishi GTO not many parts, I reckon, but for the R32 loads.

It is worth to make some japanese friends though, so they can help to find them online :D. Google translator is just ok.

Latest Posts

Back