GT Sport Returning STANDARD Car Predictions

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 180 comments
Not much help this time. Though I am seeing lots of old car museum pics on my GTS screen saverOld Hyundais, Old Toyotas(Corona coupes are cool).

Just mentioned in another thread. I'll throw in that Shelby GT350R.

That would be cool but I think the non-R version has a higher chance of returning since it was premium in GT6.

Anyway, my vote for the car I'd like to return the most would be the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S. such a cute little car. Or maybe the 190E Evo II, given that they seem to be adding homologation models now.

For me these three would be nice to get that premium treatment.

60fb5c81028cd51bf20b1cc8c87f1e14f6a2760a.jpg

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this sort of semi-premium back in GT6? Bodes well for a return. What a car though, especially with its, ahem, checkered history. The RS200 always struck me as somewhat of a cursed vehicle. Wasn't one involved in a horrendous accident that accelerated the demise of Group B? I'll always remember seeing one a at a small regional car show in my home county of Staffordshire, UK. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Production run was purely for homologation purposes right?

Not much help this time. Though I am seeing lots of old car museum pics on my GTS screen saverOld Hyundais, Old Toyotas(Corona coupes are cool).

Just mentioned in another thread. I'll throw in that Shelby GT350R.
images

It's not the R model, but there's a premium GT350 just waiting to be ported to GTS. I reckon we'll see it before the year is out too as there's only around 40 noteworthy vehicles left from GT6 that's worth bringing over.

That would be cool but I think the non-R version has a higher chance of returning since it was premium in GT6.

Anyway, my vote for the car I'd like to return the most would be the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S. such a cute little car. Or maybe the 190E Evo II, given that they seem to be adding homologation models now.

Love those Tommy Kairas, especially the ZZ-II. Man what a beaut! Best looking Japanese supercar of all time perhaps?

Though I am seeing lots of old car museum pics on my GTS screen saver
Well, there are museum pics of both the 1886 Benz and 1886 Daimler. I'd love for their silhouettes to show up in Kaz's Twitter post. Yes I'm weird. Yes, I might have a bad taste in cars but I frigging loved driving and "hot lapping" those two in GT4. Such historically significant vehicles must need to return to GT. Heck, you can brag to Forza guys saying that GT Sport has the world's first cars!
latest

latest

And if NOS is brought back to GTS, you can attempt this with them... ;)

Well, there are museum pics of both the 1886 Benz and 1886 Daimler. I'd love for their silhouettes to show up in Kaz's Twitter post. Yes I'm weird. Yes, I might have a bad taste in cars but I frigging loved driving and "hot lapping" those two in GT4. Such historically significant vehicles must need to return to GT. Heck, you can brag to Forza guys saying that GT Sport has the world's first cars!
latest

latest

And if NOS is brought back to GTS, you can attempt this with them... ;)

I can read the posts now, if they come out as 10+milion. :lol:

GT Sport Returning STANDARD Car Predictions
what other standard cars do you guys think would realistically return to GT Sport in the future? (This is NOT a wishlist guys)
That's "think will", not "want to":
these three would be nice
I mainly want
p78
the KPGC110 gtr please
my vote for the car I'd like to return
I would love to see the GTO / 3000GT return.
p78
one i would like to come back
p78
Here are some that i would like to see.
We have a forum for indicating which cars you'd like. If this thread becomes a wishlist it loses its purpose and it goes. Please don't spoil it for everyone by just hurling lists of images of cars you want at it.

This sort of thing is bang on though:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this sort of semi-premium back in GT6? Bodes well for a return.
Yes the RS200 is a semi premium car. That makes me wonder if the semi premium cars has a higher chance of getting a premium treatment.
I don't remember GT6's semi-premiums, but the returning standards so far are:
Honda Beat '91
Honda NSX Type R '92
Nissan R92CP '92
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
Toyota Supra RZ '97

Were they on the semi-premium list?

Last edited:
From that list, based on multiples: seems more a chance of an MX-5 and/or 3000GT being modelled.
I agree with the 3000GT being remodeled. That was a pretty popular car in Gran Turismo. But for the MX-5 on the other hand, I think PD would first add the Eunos Roadster Special Package to GT Sport first since that was premium. But I could be wrong. They decided to bring back the standard NSX-R when they had a premium NSX already on their hands.

Also, judging by the trend, I don't expect to see American, European, or Australian standard cars coming to GT Sport soon because PD seems to loves their Asian cars.

If anyone remembered the days of online GT6, what were some Standard cars that were popular to players despite its dated visual quality? I think they would be better candidates for GTS since we haven't seen a semi-Premium car fully mastered for GTS. This along with the all-new inclusions like the E30 and Pantera is indicative that PD are aware and responding to fan demand. But seeing how the MR2, Beat, and the Honda version of the NA1 were unexpected surprises for high demand cars, I think we'll see more JDM vehicles as the primary focus for returning Standards. JDM cars are easier to collect for PD to re-scan and collect sounds.

Chosen primarily for its popularity:
  • Daihatsu Midget II (first perma-N100 FR).
  • Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept (Gr.X).

Chosen by popularity but mostly to fit Gr.N tiers:
  • Honda Integra Type-R DC2, long sedan-based FF N200 for Honda, ideal counter-pick if the hatch Civic Type-R EK9 comes to GT Sport.
  • Mazda Cosmo L110B, important classic sports car, low-end N200 for Mazda to rival the Toyota 2000GT.
  • Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 (E39A), a new N200 for Mitsubishi as it's a 4WD alternative to the upcoming Starion that is FR.
  • Subaru 360, a new perma-N100 class car for Subaru to accompany the bottom-tier Fiat 500 F :(.
A bunch more Toyota's are needed to fit more N classes too, and PD are in a good position to acquire them as they're not subject to Toyota USA's licensing disagreements:
  1. Sports 800, perma-N100 to supplement the S-FR concept like how the Supra and FT-1 did for the GR Supra.
  2. MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger AW11, valuable inclusion for competitive-N100 thanks to its supercharger and midship-RWD.
  3. Celica GT-Four ST185, another new 4WD N200 from Toyota.
  4. Celica GT-Four ST205, a 4WD alternative for Toyota to compete in N300.
Personally I'd like to see the ZZW30, ST165 and the Caldina GT-Four ST246 in those places, but popularity sells. PD are probably avoiding Toyotas now until the new Supra is revealed because the racing game community has mistaken them for buying exclusivity to Toyota, giving GT a negative reputation. PD could not be transparent about Toyota because vehicle licensing carries strict NDAs for their PR.

Last edited:
We could just about add the Starion. If it's been outsourced, I'd like to know turn around times.

I wish to know too. The time taken from the S660 release to their next model is a good reference point.

I'd like to add that the S660 was a perfect car choice for PD to assign to the oursource team as it was a small domestic car to start out with. They're perfect for modeling lesser-known Japanese vehicles for GT which the game is known for representing them to an overseas audience, allowing PD staff to fixate vehicle modeling priority to more iconic cars, especially those that exist outside Japan.

As has been pointed out by Volksauto, with the new update, the Jaguar E-Type and MINI Cooper S, are standard cars returning that are not Japanese. So, it's all open as to what's possible to return in this game. Of the possible 200+ cars left to add, half could easily be Standards.

honda_gaithers_drider_civic_race_car_98.jpg

pic for reference

maxresdefault (2).jpg
hyundai_accent_rally_car__01_by_gt6_garage-d73zzws.jpg
The cars I really hope they bring back:

Hyundai Accent WRC (with the Castrol livery because is BEAUTIFUL)

Hyundai Tuscani (better if is the facelifted version, and would be nice have something "classic" in the Hyundai dealership)
Honda Civic Type R EK9
Toyota Chaser
Toyota Caldina GT-Four
Nissan Stagea 260RS AutechVersion
Mitsubishi 3000GT

BMW 2002 Turbo '73
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
Chevrolet Corvette (C4) GS '96
Dome ZERO '78
FIAT 500 F '65
Honda Mugen/Motul Civic Si '87
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Lamborghini Diablo GT-1 JGTC '00
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Gr. A '92
Mazda Cosmo Sport '68
Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
Nissan Fairlady Z (240Z) '71
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
Subaru Impreza 22b STI '98
Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special '98
Toyota 7 '70
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupè '68
I hope the Karmann Ghia will be added to the game soon. It's such a beautiful car.

Back