GT Sport Reviews

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 578 comments
I'd take anything Alex Day says with a massive pinch of salt, he's like GamingMuscle = massive fanboy of another series.

And as for GamingMuscle, all you need to know about his "review" is that he thinks that anyone who plays on a console eats Doritos.
I can assume from your comments that you have watched both of their videos and disagree with some of the criticisms they've made about the game. Assuming you've watched them, why don't you point out some of their criticisms about the game that are factually incorrect? I'm sure we'd all like to know how awfully wrong these top reviewers are. It would be kind of fishy for us to just take your word for it without some actual evidence of their fanboyism.

I'm not sure who GamingMuscle is but I've always found GamerMuscle to be entertaining and pretty on point with the reviews I've watched. Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I've never known him to be factually inaccurate.

I can assume from your comments that you have watched both of their videos and disagree with some of the criticisms they've made about the game. Assuming you've watched them, why don't you point out some of their criticisms about the game that are factually incorrect? I'm sure we'd all like to know how awfully wrong these top reviewers are. It would be kind of fishy for us to just take your word for it without some actual evidence of their fanboyism.

I'm not sure who GamingMuscle is but I've always found GamerMuscle to be entertaining and pretty on point with the reviews I've watched. Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I've never known him to be factually inaccurate.

Alex Day claims the game is unplayable on the edge with a controller, claims the AI is slow, but he's clearly playing with boost switched on in options, because you only sail past the AI when that's switched on in options.

GamerMuscle claims that all of the cars sound the same, claims people who play on console eat doritos, says the cars have no grip and all handle like these:
71nmoCGR7aL._SY450_.jpg

GamerMuscle(less) then proceeded to mock GTSport by streaming WipEout Omega collection claiming that WipEout Omega is the real PS4 racing simulator, I generally find him to be an unprofessional and obnoxious PC and PCars fanboy who goes out of his way to disparage anything that's on a console, even going as far as using long streams where he's just sitting there, picking holes and mocking everything. Prime example = his recent stream where he dedicates 4 hours to call GT Sport the "slippy slidey sausage fest".

Last edited:
Alex Day claims the game is unplayable on the edge with a controller, claims the AI is slow, but he's clearly playing with boost switched on in options, because you only sail past the AI when that's switched on in options.

GamerMuscle claims that all of the cars sound the same, claims people who play on console eat doritos, says the cars have no grip and all handle like these:

GamerMuscle(less) then proceeded to mock GTSport by streaming WipEout Omega collection claiming that WipEout Omega is the real PS4 racing simulator, I generally find him to be an unprofessional and obnoxious PC and PCars fanboy who goes out of his way to disparage anything that's on a console, even going as far as using long streams where he's just sitting there, picking holes and mocking everything. Prime example = his recent stream where he dedicates 4 hours to call GT Sport the "slippy slidey sausage fest".
Thanks for providing time stamps so I can see exactly where these things were said.

Claim 1: Alex Day claims the game is unplayable on the edge with a controller.
True or false? Let's see what he actually said:

"As far as drivability on a controller it's playable" << your claim is refuted right there but I'll go on.
"GT does a good job on making it playable [with a controller] but there are still going to be frustrations." << also refutes your claim but I'll go on.
Later on, "It can be done [driving on a controller] and it's a lot more playable than some other games but you're still going to want a wheel"

He then goes on to explain what he thinks is the issue. Seeing as how this was a known issue and already acknowledged by the development team and discussed in multiple threads here I don't see any issue with his review on controller optimization. I'm going to go with a big, fat false on this one unless there's some point in the video where he says, "Forget everything I said multiple times about the controller being playable and better than other games, it's now unplayable!" In fact, I think your claim that Alex Day said the game is unplayable on the edge with a controller is an outright falsehood and a deliberate attempt to discredit him and his review. I won't claim to know your motivation for misrepresenting Alex's video but I can take a guess.

I won't bother with the other claims seeing as how the first one I looked into was actually the exact opposite of what you said it was.

Last edited:
Hungarian IGN Reviews GT Sport (It's readable with Google Translate, I guess):

http://hu.ign.com/gran-turismo-sport/30345/review/teszt-gran-turismo-sport

Few interesting things in this article:
"Kazunori Yamaguchi"
"Wolkswagen"
"The photomode is boring after 20 minutes."

Overall: 6.9

+Custom Experience
+Realistic Driving Experience :lol:
+Every car feels different

-Few Offline and Online content
-You can't save Offline
-There isn't anything to play with

"There isn't anything to play with." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And we haven't reached the comments yet!

Latest Posts

Back