GT Sport Reviews

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 578 comments
Nope. I never did answer your question. And I will Not because your question is based off your contradiction.

You seem to have so many questions, but you don't have any answers to these numbers your constantly juggling with.
I've already explained what I think the numbers show, that more people who have bought it and posted a review are negative than positive (I even gave the ratios).

No contraction exists in this at all from my point, nor am I juggling with numbers at all.

What does seem to be clear however is that you inferred that the Amazon reviews were deliberately biased against GTS by people who didn't like it and hadn't bought or played it. However I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you what you did actually man when you said it was fishy.

That you have done everything you can to avoid answering that only seems to make it look more and more like you made a claim of deliberate bias against GTS by people 'spamming' Amazon reviews that is not supported by the actual facts.

Point is, TCS set to 1 in GTS might not be a reflection of what TCS on in those cars is actually like in real life. For all we know it could be TCS 5 in GTS that more accurately replicates TCS on in the real thing.
I've driven a number of them, Its not.

That aside would you expect on a dry track, with track biased tyres, in a straight line, in 4th gear when you apply the minimum throttle possible (my pedals for reference are a set of T3PA Pro's) at 40mph for the traction control to kick off? As that's what happens.

if everyone is lined up one by one waiting to jump off a cliff to me thats fishy. My same thought applies to video game reviews.
No one is lined up one by one to do anything. These reviews were posted over a period of time from the launch to today, by different people, at different times. Nothing fishy exists about iot at all.

You are making no sense at all and the only odd thing here is the degree of confirmation bias on show.

Last edited:
Seems pretty conclusive to me!

"Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped."

There is a bit of interpretation there. First sentence is quite clear. More features.. Very possible if you count the actual features/modes quantitatively (vs actual content).

The rest of the comment is just not true if it refers to comparison vs earlier GT games. BUT if it refers to older versions of GT Sport, its pretty accurate..

I've already explained what I think the numbers show, that more people who have bought it and posted a review are negative than positive (I even gave the ratios).

No contraction exists in this at all from my point, nor am I juggling with numbers at all.

What does seem to be clear however is that you inferred that the Amazon reviews were deliberately biased against GTS by people who didn't like it and hadn't bought or played it. However I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you what you did actually man when you said it was fishy.

That you have done everything you can to avoid answering that only seems to make it look more and more like you made a claim of deliberate bias against GTS by people 'spamming' Amazon reviews that is not supported by the actual facts.

Ok, usually when something smells fishy you can't pinpoint were it is coming from. Right? But your numbers game don't prove anything that you are trying to convey.

"Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped."

There is a bit of interpretation there. First sentence is quite clear. More features.. Very possible if you count the actual features/modes quantitatively (vs actual content).

The rest of the comment is just not true if it refers to comparison vs earlier GT games. BUT if it refers to older versions of GT Sport, its pretty accurate..
How on earth could you read that quote and even begin to think the bolded part was a possibility?

So you would expect TC to kick in when driving at 30mph around a gentle corner with minimal throttle input?

No. But I just loaded up the game with the Toyota GT86 to test this, and it appears as though it's some sort of glitch where the TCS light always flashes on for a split second whenever any throttle is applied. If however your foot is on the gas past initial contact, but either held at a low throttle point, or given very gradual application, the TCS light does not turn back on until you give it some welly.

Basically, the TCS light turns on as soon as you even touch the throttle. Whether it's being applied with the actual physics I have no idea, but It certainly doesn't feel like it is. Then again I was driving too slow and pedestrian to know.

No. But I just loaded up the game with the Toyota GT86 to test this, and it appears as though it's some sort of glitch where the TCS light always flashes on for a split second whenever any throttle is applied. If however your foot is on the gas past initial contact, but either held at a low throttle point, or given very gradual application, the TCS light does not turn back on until you give it some welly.

Basically, the TCS light turns on as soon as you even touch the throttle. Whether it's being applied with the actual physics I have no idea, but It certainly doesn't feel like it is. Then again I was driving too slow and pedestrian to know.
Think we need to test it more but it does raise suspicions and add to that a number of other funky things going on lead me to believe it's not great. How do you find the tyre model? To add, I very much respect Scaff's opinion when it comes to physics. He's got enough real world and virtual experience that we could all learn a thing or two from him. He had very complimentary things to say about the game after the Copper Box event which makes the state the game released in even more disappointing.

Ok, usually when something smells fishy you can't pinpoint were it is coming from. Right? But your numbers game don't prove anything that you are trying to convey.
Says the person that has literally proven nothing about any discussion hes been in for the past how many weeks now?
Except that it said, any other game in the series to date. It's quite obvious that it was talking about the History of GT.

No one is lined up one by one to do anything. These reviews were posted over a period of time from the launch to today, by different people, at different times. Nothing fishy exists about iot at all.

You are making no sense at all and the only odd thing here is the degree of confirmation bias on show.

Is the reason Im making no sense to you is because I don't side with your views and you don't seem to accept that?

In your opinion it is not fishy, in my opinion it is odd (fishy) i get it. Scaff, what message are you trying to send with these positive and greater negative reviews on amazon?

what I'm trying to ask here is based off your numbers, does it prove everyone should be dissatisfied with GTS?

Last edited:
If one gives truthful comment based on the knowlege he has at that moment it doesn't make it less honest or accurate if something doesn't fulfill that comment later. It just shows bad judgement.

Not stating that as a fact. Im just suggesting people might not find the value of that feature right away as they are looking for something else.
Agreed, if, at the time you believe it to be true it's not dishonest, at the time. It would be an isolated incident that hopefully is tempered with experience as you get older. It becomes dishonest, however, when you repeatedly make promises and fail to deliver. Most of us would have some small sense of shame for taking a customer's money and failing to give them what we promised. I know I can't get away with that. Do it once and it's an honest mistake. Repeat it and most people, in an objective world, are going to assume the behaviour is deliberate.

Is the reason Im making no sense to you is because I don't side with your views and you don't seem to accept that?
It has nothing to do with siding with any view at all, the reason it makes no sense is because desipte repeated requests for you to explain why you ave failed to explain why you find it fishy.

In your opinion it is not fishy, in my opinion it is odd (fishy) i get it.
What is fishy and why? I've asked you repeatadly and all you do is avoid explaining.

Scaff, what message are you trying to send with these positive and greater negative reviews on amazon?
None. They are numbeers and ratio's. You're the one who seems to be attempting to asign some ulterior motive to them.

what I'm trying to ask here is based off your numbers, does it prove everyone should be dissatisfied with GTS?
No, and nor have I come close to claiming such a thing.

They show that of the people who have bought GTS from amazon and reviewed it, more have given it a negative review than a positive review by a ratio of roughly 3:1.

Agreed, if, at the time you believe it to be true it's not dishonest, at the time. It would be an isolated incident that hopefully is tempered with experience as you get older. It becomes dishonest, however, when you repeatedly make promises and fail to deliver. Most of us would have some small sense of shame for taking a customer's money and failing to give them what we promised. I know I can't get away with that. Do it once and it's an honest mistake. Repeat it and most people, in an objective world, are going to assume the behaviour is deliberate.

I can see that being the case. The reputation of empty promises can cause distrust. However, I do like Microsofts return policy and games that I'm unsure about id probably get them on the xbox. But Gran Turismo always had a good reputation for a top quality game, I did not hesitate when I bought it, No regrets. Some may have been thinking this was Gran Turismo of the past but was disappointed, while others may have Known that they were at least going to get a quality game. I'm just saying.

What exactly do they prove then, in your own words?

The only point @Scaff has made is that, on Amazon, there are more negative reviews from people that bought the game (and wrote a review) than there are positive reviews from people that bought the game (and wrote a review).

Somehow, you're taking issue with this. Nobody had claimed these reviews are somehow representative of the player base at large. But because they don't align with your own views, they're fishy?

This is made all the more interesting when we consider you've added a perfect 10/10 score to the user side of Metacritic, not even 24 hours after the game came out:

Don't be fooled by the fake reviews doing damage control. Gran Turismo Sport is clearly the best racer in this generation. Full of content, this game is pure quality with no strings attached.

Just accept that people — shock, gasp — all have different opinions. There are people out there that are experiencing their first GT game in Sport and enjoy it. Others don't. On the other hand, there are people that have played the franchise since inception and enjoy it. Others don't. Plus, there's a whole bunch of folks that see good and bad within the title — just as they (hopefully) do with most any racing game.

This was a drastic change for the series, and it was bound to divide fans and critics alike.

Ah, a strawman.

I'm putting a video together to show it, but it goes beyond that.

The TCS kicks in a number of times when it shouldn't, I've managed to get ABS permently on when on the brakes with around a 1/5 of the travel used and also torque steer and iffy inertia modeled on standing starts (again PD - really you had this fixed at the Copper Box) with no sign of any movement from the rear until the car is moving significantly (rather than the rear or the front stepping out as you take off) and the tyres not picking up grip in anything close to a realistic manner.

The tyre model unfortunately is showing far too many signs of being almost identical to the one at the end of GT6's life.

What exactly do they prove then, in your own words?

The only point @Scaff has made is that, on Amazon, there are more negative reviews from people that bought the game (and wrote a review) than there are positive reviews from people that bought the game (and wrote a review).

Somehow, you're taking issue with this. Nobody had claimed these reviews are somehow representative of the player base at large. But because they don't align with your own views, they're fishy?

This is made all the more interesting when we consider you've added a perfect 10/10 score to the user side of Metacritic, not even 24 hours after the game came out:

Just accept that people — shock, gasp — all have different opinions. There are people out there that are experiencing their first GT game in Sport and enjoy it. Others don't. On the other hand, there are people that have played the franchise since inception and enjoy it. Others don't. Plus, there's a whole bunch of folks that see good and bad within the title — just as they (hopefully) do with most any racing game.

This was a drastic change for the series, and it was bound to divide fans and critics alike.

Ah, a strawman.

It seem that groupthink has occurred here. One sided ideas planting negative moods about GTsport here. Every positive message I send about my opinions of GTS in this thread is met with questionnaires from these people participating in negative groupthink. Admittedly, I disagree with most of this negative reviews against GTS because they are making absolutely no points other than bringing about a negative swing at the game.

I only questioned those who have questioned me. Slipstream, you seem to be more balanced with your opinions. but clearly the majority of posters here are leaning negative and dismissive of any positive views towards GTS. Is this review tread restricted to negative reviews only?!? I assumed not, and that is why I ignored all these questions, these people want me to prove something when they have no point to prove themselves.

Last edited:
It seem that groupthink has occurred here. One sided ideas planting negative moods about GTsport here. Every positive message I send about my opinions of GTS in this thread is met with questionnaires from these people participating in negative groupthink. Admittedly, I disagree with most of this negative reviews against GTS because they are making absolutely no points other than bringing about a negative swing at the game.

I only questioned those who have questioned me. Slipstream, you seem to be more balanced with your opinions. but clearly the majority of posters here are leaning negative and dismissive of any positive views towards GTS. Is this review tread restricted to negative reviews only? I assumed not, and that is why I ignored all these questions, these people want me to prove something when they have no point to prove themselves.

I would urge you to look through the last few pages, I’m sure you will find that you’re wrong.

Its more that your positive arguments are not based in fact.

Last edited:
I would urge you to look through the last few pages, I’m sure you will find that your are wrong.

Its more that your positive arguments are not based in fact.

Arguments or opinions don't need facts unless you are trying to prove a point.

others brought in numbers to present facts, but none had a point to make based off those facts.

in my conversations

I only questioned those who have questioned me. Slipstream, you seem to be more balanced with your opinions. but clearly the majority of posters here are leaning negative and dismissive of any positive views towards GTS. Is this review tread restricted to negative reviews only?!? I assumed not, and that is why I ignored all these questions, these people want me to prove something when they have no point to prove themselves.
So none of the negative point people have raised have any validity at all?

Not that the question I asked you was in reply to a positive point. It was in response to a claim that something underhand was going on with GTS reviews on Amazon.

Last edited:
Arguments don't need facts unless you are trying to prove a point.
And you get to decide that based on what?

If someone makes an innacurate claim that can be shown to be incorrect via facts then of course the facts can be brought into play, you don't get to dismiss anything you disagree with simply because you find the facts inconvenient.

others brought in numbers to present facts, but none had a point to make based off those facts.
Yes they have. I have, more people who purchase GTS from Amazon and reviewed it posted negative reviews that positive ones by a ratio of appprox 3:1.

You see this is why facts are important in discussions, they stop people making inaccurate and misleading claims as if they were facts.

in my conversations
Its not your conversation.

So none of the negative point people have raised have any validity at all?

You started to have a little validity, but you backed off a possible point. The numbers don't lie but what do they tell?!? we know that one number is bigger than the other.

You started to have a little validity, but you backed off a possible point. The numbers don't lie but what do they tell?!? we know that one number is bigger than the other.
How about you answer the question I asked you hours ago first, as quite frankly I'm getting more than a little tired of your evasion.

It looks like those people seem to miss the catch-the-rabbit formula of GT’s old
careers.

Interesting.

I doubt they miss that part. Fortunately, that wasn't the only aspect of the old career.

You havent noticed the whole matchmaking system? Most of the reviews agree its a new brilliant system for good quality, easy, accessible online racing.

It is brilliant. It's not new, not by half, and Gran Turismo isn't even the only modern console game using it. It's basically a clone of a system that is about ten years old at this point.

I actually can. It's called reading a bunch & drawing a general conclusion from multiple parties to tell how a game truly is. That's what makes a review credible; when other reviews share its same positive/negatives. It shows the reviewer has actually played the game. And when a reviewer presents enough overviews of this trait, his adds credibility to his review on his name alone, for example again, Scaff or Slipzstream.

Continue down this path of irony, you do.

so this is supposed to prove credibility of reviews? forming a hypothesis, series of opinions or guesses to come to a conclusion that this review is absolutely reliable. I strongly disagree with you on that one. Although slipstream's review may carry more weight than Scaff's, Scaff may carry more than my meteoritic review, none of these reviews gives a perfect depiction of what every single person should actually like in the game. Example, Scaff doesn't like the rally in GTS, I fully understand why but I like the rally in gt sport. if I haven't played the game yet and watched Scaff's impressions of GTS, I would have not purchased the game and would missed an opportunity to enjoy the rally.

I fully understand why but I like the rally in gt sport. if I haven't played the game yet and watched Scaff's impressions of GTS, I would have not purchased the game and would missed an opportunity to enjoy the rally.

nobody has ever liked the rally aspects in any GT game, don't kid yourself mate. :P

so this is supposed to prove credibility of reviews? forming a hypothesis, series of opinions or guesses to come to a conclusion that this review is absolutely reliable. I strongly disagree with you on that one. Although slipstream's review may carry more weight than Scaff's, Scaff may carry more than my meteoritic review, none of these reviews gives a perfect depiction of what every single person should actually like in the game. Example, Scaff doesn't like the rally in GTS, I fully understand why but I like the rally in gt sport. if I haven't played the game yet and watched Scaff's impressions of GTS, I would have not purchased the game and would missed an opportunity to enjoy the rally.

You might want to play some of the rally games from the past few years, Heck PCars2 with all its bugs probably handles offroad driving better than any GT throughout history this is a fact, GT's offroad physics have always been crap and they probably always will be.

so this is supposed to prove credibility of reviews? forming a hypothesis, series of opinions or guesses to come to a conclusion that this review is absolutely reliable. I strongly disagree with you on that one. Although slipstream's review may carry more weight than Scaff's, Scaff may carry more than my meteoritic review, none of these reviews gives a perfect depiction of what every single person should actually like in the game.
It's not supposed to. The idea is to read a bunch & find the common denominator between them and make a decision yourself.

The purpose is if you read enough of either member's reviews & people react to to them positively, it lends credibility to both members as being trustworthy.
Example, Scaff doesn't like the rally in GTS, I fully understand why but I like the rally in gt sport. if I haven't played the game yet and watched Scaff's impressions of GTS, I would have not purchased the game and would missed an opportunity to enjoy the rally.
Sorry, your credibility is so shot, I don't believe a word you say & the underline portion is exactly why. You're so biased, you'll likely ignore just how incredibly poor the rally recreation in GTs has always been.

I thought this was supposed to be a reviews thread? Not "A few reviews here and there with a bunch of arguing"

Please, for the sake of the thread. Post a review and move on.

Sorry, your credibility is so shot, I don't believe a word you say & the underline portion is exactly why. You're so biased, you'll likely ignore just how incredibly poor the rally recreation in GTs has always been.
Thing is, the rallying in GT Sport really isn't that bad. It's not flash with a wheel, but when my wheel was out of commission recently I had a go with the DS4 and I did enjoy it, quite a lot really.

Back