GT Sport to Stage Virtual Super Formula Grand Prix on May 17

The Gran Turismo series director states that the event will use a new game mode, not previously available. It essentially replicates the game’s existing Sports Mode features, but for a fixed driver line up rather than relying on matchmaking.
Not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself or if this means there will be a way for private lobbies to be ran on dedicated servers... If it is the case, I hope the feature is available for all players.

Some local dudes tried to organize a race last weekend and it was disaster... Many people couldn't join lobbies due to how poor our internet infrastructure is. (Most people had NAT Type 3 because they were using mobile internet)

Not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself or if this means there will be a way for private lobbies to be ran on dedicated servers... If it is the case, I hope the feature is available for all players.
I suspect it'll be used for things like Top 16 Superstars, rather than something more generally available.

I suspect it'll be used for things like Top 16 Superstars, rather than something more generally available.

The puzzling part is the word "new", because other than the custom driver names we saw yesterday, everything else in the Superstars race has existed since 2018.

But... hey, if they want DLC ideas... I'd pay an absurd amount of money to get my hands on that tool :lol:

I'm a simple man. All I ask for is tire compound requirements and penalty zones in lobbies ala Sport Mode.

(and possibility of lobbies requiring passwords)

Hopefully the upcoming patch will fix lobbies.

Haven’t been able to have a successful race without race start glitches for yonks—and this is with just six of us in a lobby. It’d be super embarrassing for PD if these Super Formula events are similarly impacted.

I just hope they have actual good race officiating. Not to bang on the Indy fiasco, but I hope they looked at it, and said "...Well, let's not do that."

Back