GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
"The real Driving Simulator" is just a slogan. Don't take it so serious:cheers:

You'd be happy if the next GT game featured only road cars and only point to point dirt rally stages to drive them on, I assume? Because you're just not getting the point, it's not the fact PD are putting rally cars in circuit races that is the problem. It's that that is ALL they're offering, alongside weird, "it's not rally, it's not rallycross either" dirt circuits. If you're going to offer rally cars, offer the disciplines they're actually used for in the real world ALONGSIDE anything fictional/video game only.

Oh and irrespective of what a game does, it doesn't change the fact that is not what they were built for in reality. Nobody in the real world builds a rally car to race at Willow Springs or any other closed tarmac track. That would be highly illogical.

So that is your entire argument? It's just a game? I'm not sure a forum made specifically for discussing said video game in detail is the place for you, if you can't actually raise any valid specific points or reply to points others have made other than sticking your fingers in your ears and telling us it's a game.

With pretentions of simulating something real?
I would argue that PD have never really tried to simulate real life other than simply making the cars feel like they are real cars (or at least close too). Gran turismo's events havn't ever been barticularly realistic, environments not particularly realistic, tuning, upgrades, AI, cars the AI drive, anything really. Or at least I can think of. They clearly don't seem particularly devoted to realism like a game such as project cars would be.

I would argue that PD have never really tried to simulate real life other than simply making the cars feel like they are real cars (or at least close too). Gran turismo's events havn't ever been barticularly realistic, environments not particularly realistic, tuning, upgrades, AI, cars the AI drive, anything really. Or at least I can think of. They clearly don't seem particularly devoted to realism like a game such as project cars would be.

Which swings back around to what I said in the first place. PD just don't get it. They don't get what players want. As I say:

Other games: We've got rally cars, so here is some rallycross tracks, mixture of dirt and tarmac, proper rallycross rules, 4 cars at the same time with elimination. You can also do 1v1 elimination races on this figure of 8 track. Or if you want, we've got a couple of tight P2P stages.

PD: We've got rally cars, so here is a super wide rally circuit with concrete tape barriers to race 1v1 on. That's it. Oh, you can race them on tarmac circuits if you like as well.

PD: We've got rally cars, so here is a super wide rally circuit with concrete tape barriers to race 1v1 on. That's it. Oh, you can race them on tarmac circuits if you like as well.
At least, so far. I reckon it would be kind of weird if they were literally the only options for an entire sections of the games cars, but you know, PD and all that. :lol:

So that is your entire argument? It's just a game? I'm not sure a forum made specifically for discussing said video game in detail is the place for you, if you can't actually raise any valid specific points or reply to points others have made other than sticking your fingers in your ears and telling us it's a game.
Yes it's just a game thats it. I have nothing more to say about it. Accept it or not i don't care.
You don't like what PD are doing than don't buy the game. Easy as that

gt_18.jpg

Public event => no picture allowed. It looks good enough, must be something with the laughable collisions?

Yes it's just a game thats it. I have nothing more to say about it. Accept it or not i don't care.
You don't like what PD are doing than don't buy the game. Easy as that

If you didn't care you wouldn't have quoted my post in the first place. You can take your own advice, don't like my criticism, ignore me. No skin off my nose, but as long as I'm within the rules I am completely free to post my thoughts and opinions, just as you are.

By the way, good job at using another cliche in "don't like it, don't buy it". Nobody can buy it yet, it isn't out, but we're all free to critique it until it is. If I see stuff I like between now and release I might buy it.

Public event => no picture allowed. It looks good enough, must be something with the laughable collisions?

Guy on the right appears to be floating, although that's probably not the reason.

Last edited:
Which swings back around to what I said in the first place. PD just don't get it. They don't get what players want. As I say:

Other games: We've got rally cars, so here is some rallycross tracks, mixture of dirt and tarmac, proper rallycross rules, 4 cars at the same time with elimination. You can also do 1v1 elimination races on this figure of 8 track. Or if you want, we've got a couple of tight P2P stages.

It's not like anyone hasn't been able to race rally cars on street courses before on a GT game though.

Plus, we've not even recieved the full list of tracks that'll be release at launch, so as of right now Fisherman's Ranch is the only confirmed rally track. Whether the rest consist a fair mix of tight rally stages, rally-cross, or whatever else, we won't know until we've gained access to all of the planned game launch tracks. Although I am starting to get slightly impatient for a release date, we'll have to wait until then unfortunately.

It's not like anyone hasn't been able to race rally cars on street courses before on a GT game though.

Plus, we've not even recieved the full list of tracks that'll be release at launch, so as of right now Fisherman's Ranch is the only confirmed rally track. Whether the rest consist a fair mix of tight rally stages, rally-cross, or whatever else, we won't know until we've gained access to all of the planned game launch tracks. Although I am starting to get slightly impatient for a release date, we'll have to wait until then unfortunately.

Of course, but let's not forget they've had over a year to show this game off and it was supposed to be released last November. We've obviously not seen everything but they have chosen to show off rally cars with that one, weird wide track and now they've chosen to show them used in normal circuit races. That is their choice in how they want to promote rally cars with the game, nobody else.

It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence they know what people want, and we're going to see anything like the example images I posted in the last page. It just suggests to me they're not going to change their ways, that what we've seen is generally what we're going to get and rally cars will go to waste yet again.

We'll see, obviously.

I like that no matter how ridiculous GT games will be in their approach to realism—which, you know, has been a stated goal from PD pretty much since day one—there will always be those willing to accept it on the basis of "it's a video game", logic be damned.

Multi-thousand horsepower rolling peacock made with "technology that hasn't been invented yet"? It's a video game.
Super-wide dirt tracks seemingly made to accommodate a full field, with 1v1 instead? It's a video game.
PD-designed rally cars with the evocative Group B name, in a game where the only options (so far) are normal tarmac circuits or the super-wide dirt track mentioned above? It's a video game.

I guess for some, the game could be just about anything: so long as there's a GT logo on the cover, they'll buy it.

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here, waiting for more news. As is, I just can't see much that GT Sport offers over any of the competition, outside of better graphics. I don't know if the FIA stuff will actually resonate with casuals—racing eSports certainly haven't blown up yet—and the amount of content will put it near the bottom of the genre, a spot the franchise has never, ever been in. A large offline experience? Nope, at least not based on what we've seen so far. Extensive customization? Nope. Flag rules? PCARS has that too. Variable weather or time? Both gone.

Really, I want PD to hit this one out of the park. I want to believe this whole "it's a new generation of GT" marketing hype. But outside of graphics and the likelihood of it selling in higher numbers than the competition (which doesn't really matter to me, the user), I'm really struggling to see how PD's going to leapfrog the competition here. It's been over two months since the original release date, and we know little more than what we did six months ago. The only news since the delay has been that VR is limited in its usage to a dedicated mode (seemingly like GT1's Hi-Fi mode, actually), and the game will have PS4 Pro support (surprise level: zero). Oh, and Ferrari red will now be more Ferrari red than before.

Checking my memory.

GT2 gave us the ultimate proper rally stage in Pikes Peak.

GT3 did give us tarmac combined with dirt though.

GT4 gave us the McLaren on a tarmac rally stage.
The Grand Canyon as well.
El Capitan combined tarmac/dirt rally courses.
The half snow half tarmac course.

GT5 finally brought back point to point.

PD lost the plot in GT6.

I just can't see why they refuse to do a proper blind crest, Finland rally point to point.

That course looks like it's two and a half car widths, that's not too wide for a tarmac rally type race, but it isn't as tight as some real world locations. I don't care much about it because I like circuit racing, but I hope GTS is going in their own direction on this for a reason. Imo, it doesn't have to be RX or WRC fashion, as long as they don't label it that. I'm not sure what to say about the invincible tape barriers. There's other solutions to it, but to me it was never an issue. At least it prevents short cutting. I'm sure that can be addressed in another way as well though.

I miss the speedometer needles, more analogue, visceral.
In GT2, that was my favorite view. Watching the revs go up when using the S2000. Couldn't get enough.
GT3 was alright as well. I guess I feel in GT2, looked like the revs were climbing in slow motion. That's what did it for me. Now, for me, it's all about that view behind the wheel.

That course looks like it's two and a half car widths, that's not too wide for a tarmac rally type race, but it isn't as tight as some real world locations. I don't care much about it because I like circuit racing, but I hope GTS is going in their own direction on this for a reason. Imo, it doesn't have to be RX or WRC fashion, as long as they don't label it that. I'm not sure what to say about the invincible tape barriers. There's other solutions to it, but to me it was never an issue. At least it prevents short cutting. I'm sure that can be addressed in another way as well though.

It's quite the coincidence that apparently any flaw or issue brought up about the game isn't an issue to you.

It's quite the coincidence that apparently any flaw or issue brought up about the game isn't an issue to you.
Well to be frank they aren't really issues to me either. All I need is cars I like, something to do with them, good graphics and a photo-mode to exploit them, which is all I have ever needed from any racing game. Which is why I still play Drive Club despite sort of hating just about everything else about the game. You clearly ask for something completely different.

Back