GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Well the tree subject will not disappear if you keep talking about it, will it? :D
I watched the latest DF video about forza at 4k on pc and I instantly thought about this thread :P
Forza Horizon has huge areas and it gets quite heavy resource wise even if it is not a sim. Even if the trees are not that super, they are 3d.
If a such a huge game has 3d trees it is no excuse for other modern racing games to stick with 2d sprite trees. And no, for me the trees are not just a smudge when I race past them :P

The biggest problem with racing games is the sense of speed, especially when driving from the cockpit view with proper fov. The thing we often get frustrated about is that, cars sometimes feels like if they are on ice when we try to take a turn, but the thing is we just for the most part go in to fast because of the sense of speed in a racing game is just so lacking compared to irl.

Forza Horizon 3 runs at half the framerate so you technically have more resources open for the eye candy than even forza's own motorsport games. Both PD and Turn 10 include some 2D trees in their titles to keep the framerate running as smooth as possible. I still don't see why this is such a big deal if the trees don't even look bad especially in GT Sport where they're mostly 3D

Well the tree subject will not disappear if you keep talking about it, will it? :D
I watched the latest DF video about forza at 4k on pc and I instantly thought about this thread :P
Forza Horizon has huge areas and it gets quite heavy resource wise even if it is not a sim. Even if the trees are not that super, they are 3d.
If a such a huge game has 3d trees it is no excuse for other modern racing games to stick with 2d sprite trees. And no, for me the trees are not just a smudge when I race past them :P

The biggest problem with racing games is the sense of speed, especially when driving from the cockpit view with proper fov. The thing we often get frustrated about is that, cars sometimes feels like if they are on ice when we try to take a turn, but the thing is we just for the most part go in to fast because of the sense of speed in a racing game is just so lacking compared to irl.
And there lies the inherent problem.

I don't mind seeing comparisons.
But it must be said, with FM and PCARS running on PC these days, comparisons are becoming less relevant to me personally, as I have little faith it's comparing "like for like".

Edit.
Oh, and I don't just mean this ridiculous debate/conversation/critic about trees.
I mean the entire comparison between any aspect.
To my mind, it's become less relevant
Trust in comparing like for like is diminishing.

Last edited:
And there lies the inherent problem.

I don't mind seeing comparisons.
But it must be said, with FM and PCARS running on PC these days, comparisons are becoming less relevant to me personally, as I have little faith it's comparing "like for like".

Edit.
Oh, and I don't just mean this ridiculous debate/conversation/critic about trees.
I mean the entire comparison between any aspect.
To my mind, it's become less relevant
Trust in comparing like for like is diminishing.

I dont really follow you all the way, to speeded on coffee and to much exhilaration form todays MotoGP race :)

But if I understand you correctly you dont think it is fair to compare pc vs console games?
Well if it is the case, I agree, but we gotta bitch about something :)

I dont really follow you all the way, to speeded on coffee and to much exhilaration form todays MotoGP race :)

But if I understand you correctly you dont think it is fair to compare pc vs console games?
Well if it is the case, I agree, but we gotta bitch about something :)
:cheers:
Yeh, double header, MotoGP and F1.
It's been a good day for race fans.

All I'm saying is I've lost faith in comparisons.
Many like to point out, wrong track, wrong time of day, wrong cloud conditions, etc.
My point is what about wrong hardware?

I, and along with many no doubt, know of the difference between a PC version and a console version.
And frankly, let's admit, it's vast.

Therefore my faith in comparisons, while interesting, has lost its relevance to me personally.

Yeh, double header, MotoGP and F1.
It's been a good day for race fans.

Many like to point out, wrong track, wrong time of day, wrong cloud conditions, etc.
My point is what about wrong hardware?

I, and along with many no doubt, know of the difference between a PC version and a console version.
And frankly, let's admit, it's vast.

Therefore my faith in comparisons, while interesting, has lost its relevance to me personally.

Ah, well what can we do. All we can do is watch/read the comparisons and decide for ourselves if that was a fair/trust worthy comparison.

Ah, well what can we do. All we can do is watch/read the comparisons and decide for ourselves if that was a fair/trust worthy comparison.
Yeh, no doubt.
But let's keep it real.
SMS seem reluctant to give us console details.
They're happy to talk about "12k triple screen".
I've asked about console, no response.
A Forza fan with an uber computer posts a named "xbox-s" clip on YouTube.

How do we determine a fair comparison?
As I say, I'm losing faith.

The days of legitimate PS vs Xbox, game vs game seem lost to me.

Yeh, no doubt.
But let's keep it real.
SMS seem reluctant to give us console details.
They're happy to talk about "12k triple screen".
I've asked about console, no response.
A Forza fan with an uber computer posts a named "xbox-s" clip on YouTube.

How do we determine a fair comparison?
As I say, I'm losing faith.

The days of legitimate PS vs Xbox/game vs game seem lost to me.

Well, PC2 and the other competing titles are not out yet, and do we really need to know everything beforehand? :)

Yeah, most games showed at E3 was running on Xbox X or PS4 Pro.
And i don't want to buy an upgraded version of a console that i already own.

Well, PC2 and the other competing titles are not out yet, and do we really need to know everything beforehand? :)
You seem to have missed the point I'm aiming for.
GTS is out yet either.

I'm talking graphics comparisons.
Not assumed features, physics, etc.

We all know how features for games like AC and PCars work out for console players.

At least GT is raw.
It is what it is.
It doesn't have a two tier system depending on your hardware.
And with other games being available on multiple platforms, how do we now determine a fair comparison?

You seem to have missed the point I'm aiming for.
GTS is out yet either.

I'm talking graphics comparisons.
Not assumed features, physics, etc.

We all know how features for games like AC and PCars work out for console players.

At least GT is raw.
It is what it is.
It doesn't have a two tier system depending on your hardware.
And with other games being available on multiple platforms, how do we now determine a fair comparison?

Well I still stand by that we dont know everything about any title and we can only bitch about what we have seen so far.
Comparisons from others are still only suggestions to me, it is first when you get your hands on the thing that you know for sure.
I mean how many times have I seen a comparison/review about a bike or a recommendation by a friend that do not at all align with what mine own subjective experience of the bike was at the end.

Until you get your hands on it, it is just recommendation/speculations. That is how i go about with everything.

Last edited:
Well I still stand by that we dont know everything about any title and we can only bitch about what we have seen so far.
Comparisons from others are still only suggestions to me, it is first when you get your hands on the thing that you know for sure.
I mean how many times have I not seen a comparison/review about a bike or a recommendation by a friend that not at all aligns with what mine own subjective experience.

Until you get your hands on it, it is just recommendation/speculations. That is how i go about with everything.
Sure.

But I doubt everything we've seen from all these competitive games is a like for like comparison.
Good luck to Xbox, they have a great console which trumps the Pro.
But did we see E3 on that console, the lower grade console, or PC?
And what of PCars?
Guaranteed that was PC.

So why would I be interested in questionable comparisons?
Which if you go back, is exactly where I started.

Sure.

But I doubt everything we've seen from all these competitive games is a like for like comparison.
Good luck to Xbox, they have a great console which trumps the Pro.
But did we see E3 on that console, the lower grade console, or PC?
And what of PCars?
Guaranteed that was PC.

So why would I be interested in questionable comparisons?
Which if you go back, is exactly where I started.

Well I follow you, but it is sure fun to talk about everything we have seen so far :)
To be honest, I can not remember when we had this busy release schedule of racing games that actually compete in the racing game genre.
I am having a blast right now, dont you?
Even if you are not interested in those questionable comparisons you do like to discuss them ie "socialize" with us here, so I guess you like what the racing game developers/studios have in store for us. I do not really care who has what or have that or this as long as they come out and give us what we want, more, bigger and better racing/car games. I only wish they all came to pc :)

Well I follow you, but it is sure fun to talk about everything we have seen so far :)
To be honest, I can not remember when we had this busy release schedule of racing games that actually compete in the racing game genre.
I am having a blast right now, dont you?
Even if you are not interested in those questionable comparisons you do like to discuss them ie "socialize" with us here, so I guess you like what the racing game developers/studios have in store for us. I do not really care who has what or have that or this as long as they come out and give us what we want, more, bigger and better racing/car games. I only wish they all came to pc :)
It certainly is fun to discuss all things sim racing.

I think it is time I departed the scene though, as I feel I've harped on long enough, and in the the wrong thread.

Totally agree that we all want bigger and better racing games.
And I don't wish to sound biased toward any platform, as an improvment in any game, regardless of platform, pushes all developers towards a higher goal.
Which, at the end of the day, is great for all of us. 👍

Last edited:
Generally speaking, I find all these comparison pretty useless and the only that count are those with reality in this type of games. 👍

Of course, we can also compare various games and discuss on various technical and artistic aspects, but after years they are becoming genuinely boring, meaningless and are ruining every of the forum discussions since 99% of the times they lacks of impartiality and even some knowledges from the users to discuss certain aspects, generating only flames and console war (just go see how the last threads have been reduced and what is being discussed, even this, with another off topic and useless trees debate:indiff:)

Obviously we all have preferences, but with a bit of impartiality and taking into consideration the real counterpart(if possible) we can create nice and even interesting discussions and make all the possible types of comparison 👍
Highlight the problems to the developers and say what everyone would like to see changed and/or improved is always a good thing, but there really are different ways to explain, without taking sides by a faction and try to diminish in any way possible a product or another.

Anyway the mods I think should try to keep the threads cleaner and intervene after yet another off topic.
Personally I really have very little time to follow the forum and I would like to find arguments and threads related to the thread, thing I see happens very rarely and it's really sad from what should be the reference forum for the series and one of the only way to make ourselves heard by developers and expose what we want. @Jordan

Generally speaking, I find all these comparison pretty useless and the only that count are those with reality in this type of games. 👍

Of course, we can also compare various games and discuss on various technical and artistic aspects, but after years they are becoming genuinely boring, meaningless and are ruining every of the forum discussions since 99% of the times they lacks of impartiality and even some knowledges from the users to discuss certain aspects, generating only flames and console war (just go see how the last threads have been reduced and what is being discussed, even this, with another off topic and useless trees debate:indiff:)

Obviously we all have preferences, but with a bit of impartiality and taking into consideration the real counterpart(if possible) we can create nice and even interesting discussions and make all the possible types of comparison 👍
Highlight the problems to the developers and say what everyone would like to see changed and/or improved is always a good thing, but there really are different ways to explain, without taking sides by a faction and try to diminish in any way possible a product or another.

Anyway the mods I think should try to keep the threads cleaner and intervene after yet another off topic.
Personally I really have very little time to follow the forum and I would like to find arguments and threads related to the thread, thing I see happens very rarely and it's really sad from what should be the reference forum for the series and one of the only way to make ourselves heard by developers and expose what we want. @Jordan
Like any other forum participant, you are free to create your own discussions in this forum or any other, and, through your OP, you can specify the breadth of the discussion and thereby create a basis for reporting and controlling the content of your thread. You can have as broad or narrow a focus as you like. Or do you just want everyone else to change how they discuss things so that you can enjoy it around here more? @mods

Had a great race against @EDK and GT5jlee20. Running no ABS with the DS4 is a bit of a challenge, but enjoyable :gtpflag:

Tough break at 3:23 - you were in a good flow for an overtake. Still, very nice battle for 6th!

I remember doing qualifying laps in GT4, but it's really nice to see it return and play such a vital role in online play:tup: Can't wait to get GT Sport and start training for online.

IMG_20170626_155005.jpg

I still don't quite know where I took the two seconds off of my previous best time the last time Gr.4 races were held at the Nordschleife.

View attachment 656464

I still don't quite know where I took the two seconds off of my previous best time the last time Gr.4 races were held at the Nordschleife.

Great time. :cheers: Hope you can stay on top for a while, though it seems @Lord Protector still hasn't tried to set a time yet. :P He can usually pull off between 7.17 and 7.19 rather quickly. As for me, I want to start at the back again today so no qualifying. :D

Great time. :cheers: Hope you can stay on top for a while, though it seems @Lord Protector still hasn't tried to set a time yet. :P He can usually pull off between 7.17 and 7.19 rather quickly. As for me, I want to start at the back again today so no qualifying. :D
Thanks :) Yeah, I'm just waiting for him to ping to the top with such a monsterous time, haha. I often wonder how a person can simply be able to bang in such mega times... :confused:

Edit: I just did a 7:20,600...

Last edited:
Back