GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
I know this is just a matter of preference but I like the fact that all stock cars in GT have a "number plate" unlike FM. When I look at a car in FM, there is something missing without a number plate. I hope will have the same number plate feature like in FH3.

Was thinking the same, I would like to see if we can replaced stock license plate depends on what track you are going to race. If it is at Brands you would give an options to use between stock and a UK license plate. In Tokyo you can have Japanese license plate. At Nurb you could have German license plate etc. Just wondering...

Or PD could use simple method like AC where default license plate were given according to manufacturer. For example Japanese cars were given Japanese license plate and European cars were given license plate according their nationality :

Another options would be a fully customized license plate where we can choose (or create) type of plates, letters, numbers and put it on any car (road cars obviously) without restricted limitation as from what I said above. Probably FH3 is pretty good example for now regarding this feature.

Last edited:
Something looks out of place.
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 1.42.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 1.43.42 PM.png

Wait, was that from the trailer?

Edit: Nevermind, from a new version of that Human Race trailer.

A new rendition of the Join the Race trailer with live interviews from E3

"I'm an aggressive driver, I'll hit anyone" Well, I know one guy that I won't race. Wouldn't last long in anything FIA sanctioned (Apart from World Rally Cross, which even then I imagine there is a line where enough is enough)

Last edited:
So we just had some fuel economy races in the beta and they're great fun! :D It's really nice having to watch your fuel, and deciding on a strategy with the fuel maps during the race. I actually managed to win both races, first one was the best since no one knew what to expect. Saw a few people run out of fuel, also the person who was leading the race for quite a while. I was actually expecting this since he was going way too fast to be saving any fuel. Passed him in the last lap when he was going slow. ;) Also helped that I did save a lot of fuel so I could do the last lap at fuel map 1. The second race was a bit boring, started 2nd and was 1st after the first corner, kept the lead all the way untill the finish after that with a few seconds lead. Really liking these races though, will definately be doing a lot of them in the final game. One bad thing is that you can't use both the radar to see cars around you and the fuel map settings at the same time.

Here's the complete first race.

Have a lot more great videos saved up, think I might just have to combine them all into a highlight video since I just have too many good races in these last few days. Too many to upload and post all at once. :P

I'm slightly terrified at how a person using a pad like me even adjusts the fuel map, I might be screwed because of that (along with the fact that I simply "don't get it" with Fuel Saving).

Apparently you can run out of gas at dragon trail with the Audi? Had a 10 second lead (itsallaboutwins) and ran out on the last lap. 🤬
Yep, as announced in the news section of the home screen all the C races from tonight through the end of the beta will be 30 minute sessions where running full power is guaranteed to run out of fuel. On average you need to run around map 3 or 4 to make it all the way to the end.

Pretty sure this isn't GT Sport.
Someone else mentioned it is GT 6, which is interesting because it is from the ‘Join the Human Race’ trailer they just released on the PlayStation channel, but I guess they show footage from other gt games in there as well, so not too surprising.

Yep, as announced in the news section of the home screen all the C races from tonight through the end of the beta will be 30 minute sessions where running full power is guaranteed to run out of fuel. On average you need to run around map 3 or 4 to make it all the way to the end.
🤬

I'm not a fan of that. But oh well. I really got that dragon trail track nailed down. Almost hit 2'03s in qualy.

Regardless, I'm really loving GT Sport, physics wise, ect. And those races are always fun regardless :cheers:

🤬

I'm not a fan of that. But oh well. I really got that dragon trail track nailed down. Almost hit 2'03s in qualy.

Regardless, I'm really loving GT Sport, physics wise, ect. And those races are always fun regardless :cheers:
Dang, 2:03’s is flying! I like the idea of managing fuel and tires, haven’t had a chance to try a fuel race yet though, I suspect I will like it. You can never know for sure where everyone else is with fuel, so you just focus on your own race and hope you come out on top, just like in real racing!

Ram me, or penalize me.

But make sure they have some juice to do so, okay?

And my SR dropped from S to B. Great, huh? :lol:

Last edited:
Ram me, or penalize me.

But make sure they have some juice to do so, okay?

And my SR dropped from S to B. Great, huh? :lol:

All I can say about that video is how did the GT-R win like that? He clearly ran out of fuel, drove into the pitlane and right when he went in he still finished as 1st?! You should've won that one, that definately needs to be fixed or at least receive a penalty for it. As for your SR, I did see a few things that weren't quite clean, but not to warrant going down to B from S, that's quite insane as well.

So close to the GTScb end.. So here is my 'End game'..

Enjoy!

That was awesome, good job getting 1st after starting quite far back. Lucky you were close enough to get ahead of him with the penalty. :) I actually did the same just now in one of the fuel economy races, only without the help of a penalty. :P Really feels great winning such races.

Here are some of my good races from today (pretty much all of the fuel economy races, except 1 ;)). Only showing the fuel economy races since they're quite interesting right now. Will upload the others after the beta ends since I have way too many to show all at once. So for now, 5 of the fuel economy races will do. :lol:

First one today at Brands Hatch Indy was quite bad. I used the Nissan GT-R Gr4 and as it turns out it's the most difficult car to use in these kind of races. It's quite heavy so it uses a lot of fuel. Without being able to go into the pitlane for refueling it seems almost impossible, maybe only with fuel map 6 during the whole race. So for the race after that I went with my favorite Gr4 car again, the Volkswagen Scirocco. ;) It's the lightest car and together with the 4C and Genesis it seems to be quite good for these races. The tyre wear is also better than in the normal races, but I still used TCS 5 to keep them fresh. I actually run the same lap times on this track with TCS off and TCS 5, but tyre wear is just so much better with TCS 5 and a lot less understeer. :) As for the race, it's not the most exciting one to watch I guess, but when racing you're constantly thinking what to do with your fuel maps and what the other drivers are doing with it as well. I really like the strategy part in these races. I managed to pass @Saidur_Ali in his Genesis at the start of lap 2 and increased the lead very slightly every lap. I thought he was just saving fuel to come back at me in the end but fortunately for me that wasn't the case. Still, for such a long race he definately wasn't far behind me. A single mistake could've easily costed me the position.

Then a bit later on again at Brands Hatch Indy it was again a very nice race against Saidur, this time he was in a 4C which seemed to be a little bit better than the Genesis. We had a nice battle in the first lap already, after a few corners I was ahead thanks to the straight line speed of the Scirocco. But in this race it wasn't so easy to gain time on him, after lap 6 he actually kept getting closer when he used a lower fuel map (more power). Didn't think I could keep the lead since I was running out of fuel rather quickly this race so I had to go back to fuel map 6 and coast a little bit to even make it to the end. But Saidur actually had the same issue, he also had to save a lot of fuel at that time so I managed to stay ahead, though I completely ran out of fuel right at the finish line. :D

Race after that we were in the same cars but this one was a lot more exciting. He put up a good fight in the first lap as I don't think he wanted to see me pass and lead the whole race again. :P Since I couldn't pass him in the first lap I decided to stay behind him and in his slipstream to save some fuel so I could have some more power near the end of the race. Lapping one of the other drivers turned out to be quite challenging as well since he didn't really give way and even tried to overtake Saidur again, which was quite bad to be honest. Luckily he failed and didn't accidentally hit him. So then in the last 2 laps after I saved a lot of fuel I went to fuel map 2 and the last few corners even fuel map 1 to still try and get close to perhaps take the win. A bit of luck with another driver being lapped costing him some time and unsettling his car I managed to find a better line and more traction out of the last corner and take the win after 12 laps by just 0,025! That was really awesome. :) Don't know if I ever finished so close with someone in the beta, and then after such a long race even.

So a bit later again on to my favorite track being used for the fuel economy races, the Nurburgring Nordschleife. :) Already hoped these 2 races would get very exciting and they definately didn't dissapoint. I decided not to qualify for them, even though I had enough time to do 1 lap. Wanted to see what I could do, starting somewhere from the back while keeping an eye on the fuel. The first race many others didn't set a time so I actually started 6th. Had a hard time trying to pass a few others even though I was faster. Managed to do it in a few impossible corners, but unfortunately also got hit and went off track. Then a few corners after I again was trying to pass but braked way too late and again went off track, back to 9th position. So I had a lot of catching up to do. I managed to get closer again and then on Döttinger Höhe with fuel map 1 and some slipstreams I really gained some time again untill I was again in 6th position near the end of lap 1, right where I started. After a few corners I had to do a quick pass with some more power on someone I had been stuck behind for quite a long time in the 1st lap and then I was right behind @turnupdaheat though it took quite a while to get close to him, only got to him when he was stuck behind the first 2 drivers. :) But we passed them quite easily after that so it was between us who was going to win. Unfortunately he made a mistake at the Karussell so I thought I passed him but he didn't give up! ;) I had the inside line though for the next corner so I managed to stay ahead. Had some good pace after that and since I still had quite some fuel left I switched to some lower fuel maps in the end, increasing my lead a little bit and taking the win. :)

Then when I thought it couldn't get any better, this next one was probably the best race I've had in the beta. Ever since my series of overtaking challenges, which I posted many of here in this thread, I really wanted to get to 1st place starting somewhere from the back (12th or higher). Unfortunately I never succeeded, best result was 3rd. And when I started this race I didn't think it would be possible to do it, since I was seeing many Scirocco's at the front of the grid. I actually started at 13th position but before the first lap even started I already gained 1 position and was fighting for another. Few corners after already 9th. The overtakes after that were quite a bit harder, taking some risk for myself sometimes but still keeping it clean on the other drivers. Some also made it easy for me though by just moving out of the way when I was a lot faster. Same for Saidur, though I actually planned to stay behind him when he moved to give me space. That cost him some time unfortunately. After passing him all that was left were the 4 Scirocco's. Saw that it was just a bit more than 6 seconds to get to the first one, and with still 1 whole lap and a bit to go I knew that it would be possible to win. I pushed hard, even though I was on a high fuel map to save some fuel, and managed to close the gap already right at the start of the 2nd lap. Passing them wasn't easy though but I managed to do it with the help of some lower fuel maps for the overtakes. Then I just had to drive it home, leading the race while saving a bit of fuel untill Döttinger Höhe where I could use some more power again. While I lost some time in the end since the other 2 had more fuel left I still managed to stay ahead and take the win. I finally did it, 13th to 1st in one of the best races I've ever had in Gran Turismo.

Last day of the beta tomorrow, hopefully some more nice races. :) There's also F1 though so I unfortunately have to skip a few of them.

Back