1500185156-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715155747.png

1500185158-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160353.png

1500185328-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715154530.png

1500185373-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715155450.png

1500185360-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160027.png

1500185370-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160211.png

1500185367-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160607.png

1500185377-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160655.png

Final day, final Beta build, my final thoughts.

Respect man, you obviously know your stuff, but you don't seem to be able to get over being offended by some marketing spiel and your adulation of AC (and to a lesser extent, PCars).

You're welcome to it, of course. Everyone has an opinion. But to me (and before anyone freaks out, this is merely my opinion) you just sound a bit annoyed, a bit bitter, and not at all impartial. It's all a bit 'super techy AC fanboy'...

Respect man, you obviously know your stuff, but you don't seem to be able to get over being offended by some marketing spiel and your adulation of AC (and to a lesser extent, PCars).

You're welcome to it, of course. Everyone has an opinion. But to me (and before anyone freaks out, this is merely my opinion) you just sound a bit annoyed, a bit bitter, and not at all impartial. It's all a bit 'super techy AC fanboy'...
No one's impartial, anyone who claims to be has an agenda.

I have a preference for a heavy sim leaning in what I prefer, as such a claim that doesn't gel with the marketing is going to get a comment.

However you may want to go and read my review of AC before passing judgement, I'm happy to point out the pros and cons as I seem them with any title.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/your-assetto-corsa-reviews.349168/

I have a preference for a heavy sim leaning in what I prefer, as such a claim that doesn't gel with the marketing is going to get a comment.

However you may want to go and read my review of AC before passing judgement, I'm happy to point out the pros and cons as I seem them with any title.

Yeah that's fair man, sorry about that one.
Perhaps you're just very picky with all games. That's a good thing :)

I'm excited though!

Had some interesting races this morning to say the least. :)

Started with the Blue Moon Bay fuel economy races. I usually don't like ovals but these 2 races were really great. While many people were using the VW VGT which is known to be fast there I knew better and chose a lighter car (easier on the fuel) that still had some good power, the Renault RS01. That turned out to be a great decision. The first race was quite a nice one, had very good fuel management while staying in the slipstream of others. Unfortunately there was contact a few times which send me into the barriers but I managed to recover quickly every time and stay close. In the end the others didn't save enough fuel and were running out while I still had enough left. Still got exciting though since the driver in 2nd place in the last few laps kept getting closer, but apparently he ran out of fuel on the last lap, while I could use a lower fuel map for some more power.

Then the second race was again a very exciting one, pretty much lead the race most of the laps, @Eykeros was staying in my slipstream saving fuel. So I expected it would get quite close in the end if he had more fuel left than me. Some contact while lapping the driver in 16th made the race even harder and the driver who was 3rd actually flew by me at some point which I didn't really expect. Guess Eykeros had to save some more fuel since I didn't see him anymore after that. So the last few laps I was fighting for 1st position while still saving some fuel. Only in the last lap when I could go back to fuel map 1 I managed to get away from him and take the win.

Then on to Tokyo Expressway, finally we got to try out this track for the first time. Seen a lot of videos of it already so I knew most corners quite well already. Managed to set #1 laptime in EU after just 3 laps and the first race was quite boring, leading all the way to the end. The second race however got a bit more interesting as Srakoder took the #1 time from me and started in front. Near the end of lap 1 he made a costly mistake where I passed him. After that I drove 3 very nice consistant laps which gave me the win. Just look at my laptimes at the finish, don't think I ever got them so close. :)

I then qualified with a much better time again, again to #1. Not sure if it still is though, was quite a good lap but not perfect. So then in the last race I started in front again and it was really amazing. A mistake in the first corner slowed me down a lot and even gave me a penalty, didn't see much point in trying to block Srakoder so I let him by. What followed after that though was a really great battle for 1st position, switching positions a few times. Especially the last lap was really exciting. It's very hard to pass in the last few sections though so while I still got very close I wasn't able to pass him anymore and crossed the line 2nd. But what a race it was. :)

Can I just say that Tokyo Expressway is really amazing? I've read all the bad things about it here but I didn't see any of it. It's a really challenging track with a lot of nice fast corners. Getting them perfect while getting very close to the walls gives you a real nice feeling. :P You really can't afford any mistakes or you're into the wall, pretty much Monaco style. I really liked it. Also during the races with some very clean drivers this track is just great and very exciting. I'm just going to say this right now, *puts on flamesuit*, Tokyo Expressway is much more fun than Tokyo R246. :D

Started with the Blue Moon Bay fuel economy races. I usually don't like ovals but these 2 races were really great. While many people were using the VW VGT which is known to be fast there I knew better and chose a lighter car (easier on the fuel) that still had some good power, the Renault RS01. That turned out to be a great decision. The first race was quite a nice one, had very good fuel management while staying in the slipstream of others. Unfortunately there was contact a few times which send me into the barriers but I managed to recover quickly every time and stay close. In the end the others didn't save enough fuel and were running out while I still had enough left. Still got exciting though since the driver in 2nd place in the last few laps kept getting closer, but apparently he ran out of fuel on the last lap, while I could use a lower fuel map for some more power.

Then the second race was again a very exciting one, pretty much lead the race most of the laps, @Eykeros was staying in my slipstream saving fuel. So I expected it would get quite close in the end if he had more fuel left than me. Some contact while lapping the driver in 16th made the race even harder and the driver who was 3rd actually flew by me at some point which I didn't really expect. Guess Eykeros had to save some more fuel since I didn't see him anymore after that. So the last few laps I was fighting for 1st position while still saving some fuel. Only in the last lap when I could go back to fuel map 1 I managed to get away from him and take the win.

Then on to Tokyo Expressway, finally we got to try out this track for the first time. Seen a lot of videos of it already so I knew most corners quite well already. Managed to set #1 laptime in EU after just 3 laps and the first race was quite boring, leading all the way to the end. The second race however got a bit more interesting as Srakoder took the #1 time from me and started in front. Near the end of lap 1 he made a costly mistake where I passed him. After that I drove 3 very nice consistant laps which gave me the win. Just look at my laptimes at the finish, don't think I ever got them so close. :)

I then qualified with a much better time again, again to #1. Not sure if it still is though, was quite a good lap but not perfect. So then in the last race I started in front again and it was really amazing. A mistake in the first corner slowed me down a lot and even gave me a penalty, didn't see much point in trying to block Srakoder so I let him by. What followed after that though was a really great battle for 1st position, switching positions a few times. Especially the last lap was really exciting. It's very hard to pass in the last few sections though so while I still got very close I wasn't able to pass him anymore and crossed the line 2nd. But what a race it was. :)

Can I just say that Tokyo Expressway is really amazing? I've read all the bad things about it here but I didn't see any of it. It's a really challenging track with a lot of nice fast corners. Getting them perfect while getting very close to the walls gives you a real nice feeling. :P You really can't afford any mistakes or you're into the wall, pretty much Monaco style. I really liked it. Also during the races with some very clean drivers this track is just great and very exciting. I'm just going to say this right now, *puts on flamesuit*, Tokyo Expressway is much more fun than Tokyo R246. :D

Good to hear some great feedback about Tokyo!

I've always thought it looked pretty cool but I guess to make the most of it you need clean racers...

Ah yes, exact, especially at the headlights :crazy::D
I had not seen this details .. maybe if I had the same plan a little longer the tesselation would have acted .. I do not know 💡;)

I noticed the same issue on the Gr.4 4C when I was taking screenshots a few days ago.

I like Tokyo Expreesway, but Tokyo R24 is the best city track in the world!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/your-assetto-corsa-reviews.349168/

Sounds like someone is offended by your lack of complete adulation for their preferred title of choice!

I've had a fun enough time with the beta, though the physics are actually not a major concern for me. GT hasn't been the pack leader there for ages, and I don't think that's ever actually been a major setback in terms of sales success. It's considered realistic enough by most, and that's probably good enough. I don't want to say it's so easy that anybody can jump in and get to grips with some of the cars — this isn't NFS, and I saw some horrifying laps at E3 — but I think PD is smart in aiming for the middle-ground, while still leaning towards sim. There are enough hand-holding aids available to make it pretty approachable, too.

My bigger concern is the penalty system. As is, it's... less than ideal, and from the evidence of the beta, hasn't really bred better driving etiquette. I suppose the argument there is that it is a beta, and people are testing to find the limits of the system. We'll see come October if it translates to the masses, then. Considering the game is being marketed as such an esports-focused title, that aspect needs to be nailed down day one, IMO.

As ever with racing games, it's a lot more fun when you're racing with people you either know, or are at least on the same level of speed and sportsmanship. I had a handful of really great races, a good chunk of them with people I met through the beta.

I'm a little sad that Fanatec wheel support wasn't included in the beta. I would've liked to get a more direct comparison between the game and the rest of the genre! On pad, it's a fair bit better resolved than GT6, though it doesn't yet match Forza for controller implementation in my eyes. In terms of physics, it feels like an evolution of GT6's engine, while rumble feedback still feels muted, even on max settings.

I like Tokyo Expreesway, but Tokyo R24 is the best city track in the world!
Tokyo Expressway plays in the Europa League when Tokyo R246 plays in Champions League against Seattle, Midfield or SSR11. It's crazy how every textures in Tokyo Expressway are detailled but there is something missing. Not enough trackside objects, not enough variety, too grey. Every sector in R246 is different in terms of landscapes, road width, atmosphere... I respect the opinion of those who like Tokyo Expressway, IMO it hasn't the same magic that the old city tracks from GT. (so far, maybe they will heavily update the track and add much more life)

Tokyo Expressway plays in the Europa League when Tokyo R246 plays in Champions League against Seattle, Midfield or SSR11. It's crazy how every textures in Tokyo Expressway are detailled but there is something missing. Not enough trackside objects, not enough variety, too grey. Every sector in R246 is different in terms of landscapes, road width, atmosphere... I respect the opinion of those who like Tokyo Expressway, IMO it hasn't the same magic that the old city tracks from GT. (so far, maybe they will heavily update the track and add much more life)
Well, that's because the Tokyo Expressway doesn't have super interesting scenery. It's a highway going through the biggest and most populated city in the world. So they won't add more life into it, because otherwise it isn't true to the real Expressway.

I had to wait until last day to try the Tokyo Expressway track. Had some fun and managed to make the best time in Europe. I know a lot of people are not trying enough and aliens are not showing up but I can say I did it haha. With a DS4 BTW.

Screenshot_20170716-194644-01.jpeg

Video here (I drive with bumper view but its better to watch in "heli" view).

ps: sorry for the sound... it sucks. lol

Well, that's because the Tokyo Expressway doesn't have super interesting scenery. It's a highway going through the biggest and most populated city in the world. So they won't add more life into it, because otherwise it isn't true to the real Expressway.

So Firehuntah about this race..
I use my half throttle every lap to save my fuel but this was not enough to follow you after the lap 10 my car spend more fuel per lap and i dont know why. I continued to use half throttle. After all this try at the lap 19 my fuel finish..

Gran Turismo™Sport Geschlossene Beta-Testversion_20170716195055.png
Gran Turismo™Sport Geschlossene Beta-Testversion_20170716195106.png

Ended my beta with mixed feelings. Obvious sad, because it's over for now. But also very happy. I finished my last race of the beta with a win.

After I ran out of fuel in the middle of turn 8 of the race before, I decided to run a different strategy. Having the fuel map the whole 10 laps on 6 was the key to success. The fuel tank was dry 100 m before the finish line. Puh.

I can't wait for the full game to be released, because Gran Turismo has always been my kind of home. It feel like a good companion.
The beta was great fun, I learned a lot and meet awesome people.
I think PD is doing a good job with GTSport, it is not perfect, but it feels right.

First of all I just want to say hi to everyone, I have been browsing this site for a few years so it's only right that I take the plunge and create an account.

I had some amazing races today on Blue moon and I think I was in the same room as Firehuntah, anyway due to my fuel strategy I started at the back of the grid and by the end of the race I had worked my way up to 5th which I was very happy about.

Anyway just a quick hello:gtpflag:

Back