GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Nah, we know almost everything about GT Sport, the only stuff that hasnt been revealed is weather and the custom race mode.

And we get those short kaz talking videos every few days or so.

I don't know about online racing / lobbies, custom races, info on the "import" feature from the livery editor, details on how will the download work with scapes (since it's highly unlikely we will download 200GB of scapes), how the arcade will be affected by the internet connection requirement, DLC plans / schedules, and many more.

If you have any details on that, please share them with us.

Nah, we know almost everything about GT Sport, the only stuff that hasnt been revealed is weather and the custom race mode.

And we get those short kaz talking videos every few days or so.
Full details on Sport Mode and Livery Editor, accurate car count, DLC plans/season passes, seasonal are among the many things I'm sure I and lots of others are looking for info on.

I don't know about online racing / lobbies, custom races, info on the "import" feature from the livery editor, details on how will the download work with scapes (since it's highly unlikely we will download 200GB of scapes), how the arcade will be affected by the internet connection requirement, DLC plans / schedules, and many more.

If you have any details on that, please share them with us.

Full details on Sport Mode and Livery Editor, accurate car count, DLC plans/season passes, seasonal are among the many things I'm sure I and lots of others are looking for info on.

I guess to get those infos about every little detail of GT Sport you either need to have the game or fly to japan and try to ask PDI about all of that stuff.

A trailer wont satisfy your needs.

I guess to get those infos about every little detail of GT Sport you either need to have the game or fly to japan and try to ask PDI about all of that stuff.

Doesn't have to be a trailer. PD has shared detailed information directly through their official gran-turismo website in the past. A DLC schedule at this point would be more or less expected (given the fact Kaz said the game can reach the 500 cars and we will get around 150 day 1). There are plenty of ways to release information. Also, trailers don't give information about the game's features, only content.

I'm totally sure that I, and lots of others on this forum, and in the gaming world, are looking forward to a bunch of things, namely:

Interlagos.
DLC info.
Some proper walkthrough of the livery editor.
Info on what the 'campaign' really is.

I'm sure many would agree with me on that.

I'm totally sure that I, and lots of others on this forum, and in the gaming world, are looking forward to a bunch of things, namely:

Interlagos.
DLC info.

To be honest I’d just like to see the full list of launch content. We’re a month from launch, the game should be gold at this point. I’m getting sick of having to look through all the event coverage to spot a new car, the speculation about tracks (is it a scape or a track?). Give me the car and track lists and I’ll be happy.

To be honest I’d just like to see the full list of launch content. We’re a month from launch, the game should be gold at this point. I’m getting sick of having to look through all the event coverage to spot a new car, the speculation about tracks (is it a scape or a track?). Give me the car and track lists and I’ll be happy.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say they're being a little evasive with details. Myself, and a lot of other people are thinking this.

Has Interlagos actually been officially confirmed yet?

Doesn't have to be a trailer. PD has shared detailed information directly through their official gran-turismo website in the past. A DLC schedule at this point would be more or less expected (given the fact Kaz said the game can reach the 500 cars and we will get around 150 day 1). There are plenty of ways to release information. Also, trailers don't give information about the game's features, only content.

You screamed about not having a trailer today and that PD is the worst in communicating. I think that we know about 90 % of the game doesnt show anything of super bad communication.

You have pretty detailed information about GT Sport at the gran-turismo website already.

Interlagos.
DLC info.

I am looking forward for more stuff about GT Sport too, thats why i am searching here at GT Planet several times a day every day.
But we already know what the campaign mode is, have seen the livery editor too and know that you can import decals or whatever via PC or an app. How exactly that works we need to find out.

Its still about a month for the release so some questions will be answered for sure but i dont expect them to explain every detail or exact DLC plans.

Some DLC infos
Google translate
Although the number of recordable units at the time of release is 150, most of them seem to be sports cars. Will general automobiles appear in future?
"I am planning to add it by update or download contents. The reason why sports cars, especially racing cars, was needed from the beginning was because we had to prepare all the categories of race cars for the FIA championship this time. At first glance it seems that the gravity is inclined to that, but not only sports cars, but also old cars, family cars everyone carries, or old classic cars, such cars are also important as "Gran Turismo" Because it exists, I want to add more and more."
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/5382/20170727-gtsport.html?tkgpscom=dc_gtsport_ps_tw_20170727&edit-text=

There are infos out here and there

It's encouraging to see PD deliver a '17 car in the 911 RSR GTE. It would make sense to include the '17 919 LMP1 for Group 1 and a Group B spiritual succesor for the rally class. Possibly based on a 4WD model like the 911 Turbo or even Macan Turbo.
Screenshot_20170921-155225-picsay.jpg
Screenshot_20170921-155440-picsay.jpg

You screamed about not having a trailer today

Citation needed.

and that PD is the worst in communicating.

I didn't say they're the worst. But they're pretty bad and I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Is there any other studio promising things they don't deliver on a constant basis, taking back previously released information, postponing games and betas, etc?

I think that we know about 90 % of the game doesnt show anything of super bad communication.
You have pretty detailed information about GT Sport at the gran-turismo website already.

I still think DLC information, list of cars and tracks (PD changed the numbers back and forth a few times already), custom races, and how the internet connection requirement impacts the offline gaming is far more important to know than how the rain or fog looks.

@AKps3 That's nice, but very typical from Kaz and PD. Of course he wants all the type of cars in the game. When, I at least, mention DLC schedule and details I'm talking about something like what SMS made with PC2 or other studios with other games:

"Info about DLC:

Season pass includes X packs.
Each pack includes Z number of cars + 1 track + 5 scapes + 10 stickers

First DLC is planned for X month...
etc, etc".

Something specific. Of course they can still do it. I hope so. When I made my first comment here regarding the TGS presentation and the absence of information related to GTS was in the context of pC2 having, in the same day, reviews coming out and information poping out the whole week until Friday (tomorrow). It could have been a good opportunity for Sony to show something new and release more information about GTS. Nothing more than that.

Last edited:

You said we know almost everything about GTSPORT. Clearly that is not the case. We have the broad strokes on some things and some details here and there bit there is a ton we don't know.

Last edited:
Something specific. Of course they can still do it. I hope so. When I made my first comment here regarding the TGS presentation and the absence of information related to GTS was in the context of pC2 having, in the same day, reviews coming out and information poping out the whole week until Friday (tomorrow). It could have been a good opportunity for Sony to show something new and release more information about GTS. Nothing more than that.

Sony does NOT want to give a smallest appearance of 🤬 on pCARS 2 - you think just because pc2 releases that Sony should be hitting on them? NO WAY! Would you in their place? 👍
It is quite possible they moved their stuff couple of days later because of business responsibility to make all "third party" developers AND publishers feel always welcome. Without Sony 🤬 on any of them whenever they have something of their own.

They will make a ton of money this year and every year on third-party. Their console could not even exist with no third-party support. They will make plenty of doe even on PC2 itself.

And GTS and PC2 are absolutely in no competition when it comes down to it, going in different directions. They are two games that are (imo) wonderfully complementary to each other! :cheers:

Most people that buy PC2 will buy GTS, only some will sooner others later... Those latter ones do not upset PD/Sony enough to justify crushing PC2 release honeymoon and sending some toxic message to every single third-party developer and publisher.

(From what we know of Turn 10 previous language, we know they can enjoy taking a public dump on GT and Kaz, but this time they aren't - maybe for the same reason - it would also be undermining PC2 chances on Xbox, and they love money and order as much as Sony. They are 🤬 on them enough with timing of Forza demo! Bad message I think.
Just imo.)

I lost my patience with PC2 marketing a week before release, in 2 week I'll be getting eager as much as you are now... just not yet.

Last edited:
Citation needed.

I didn't say they're the worst. But they're pretty bad and I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Is there any other studio promising things they don't deliver on a constant basis, taking back previously released information, postponing games and betas, etc?

I still think DLC information, list of cars and tracks (PD changed the numbers back and forth a few times already), custom races, and how the internet connection requirement impacts the offline gaming is far more important to know than how the rain or fog looks.

@AKps3 That's nice, but very typical from Kaz and PD. Of course he wants all the type of cars in the game. When, I at least, mention DLC schedule and details I'm talking about something like what SMS made with PC2 or other studios with other games:

"Info about DLC:

Season pass includes X packs.
Each pack includes Z number of cars + 1 track + 5 scapes + 10 stickers

First DLC is planned for X month...
etc, etc".

You mean like all those DLC details of the game that has released(?) or will in a handful of hours?
I may be mistaken, and apologies if I am, but to the best of my knowledge it's 4 packs for the price of 3.
That's it.
No details, no dates.

GTSport is 4 weeks away.

Sony does NOT want to give a smallest appearance of 🤬 on pCARS 2 - you think just because pc2 releases that Sony should be hitting on them? NO WAY! Would you in their place? 👍
It is quite possible they moved their stuff couple of days later because of business responsibility to make all "third party" developers AND publishers feel always welcome. Without Sony 🤬 on any of them whenever they have something of their own.

They will make a ton of money this year and every year on third-party. Their console could not even exist with no third-party support. They will make plenty of doe even on PC2 itself.

And GTS and PC2 are absolutely in no competition when it comes down to it, going in different directions. They are two games that are (imo) wonderfully complementary to each other! :cheers:

Most people that buy PC2 will buy GTS, only some will sooner others later... Those latter ones do not upset PD/Sony enough to justify crushing PC2 release honeymoon and sending some toxic message to every single third-party developer and publisher.

(From what we know of Turn 10 previous language, we know they can enjoy taking a public dump on GT and Kaz, but this time they aren't - maybe for the same reason - it would also be undermining PC2 chances on Xbox, and they love money and order as much as Sony. They are s-hitting on them enough with timing of Forza demo! Bad message I think.
Just imo.)

I lost my patience with PC2 marketing a week before release, in 2 week I'll be getting eager as much as you are now... just not yet.

All that would be accurate if a) PCars wasn't the most important title for e-sports at the moment (and with PC2 that will only increase) and b) GT Sport was a similar game as all previous GTs - which it isn't, since its main focus is online racing and e-sports, putting it in the same market as PC2.

Sales from previous titles and Sony's money are meaningless when GTS is entering a market where it has never been. PC2 has been there for 2+ years with e-sports competitions on every platform pretty much every week / month. It's not on the scale of an FPS, but I don't think any racing game will ever get there.

We're talking about uncharted territory for PD here.

Having said that, I also think PC2 is complementary to GTS, at least when we talk about offline enjoyment (60+ tracks, rally cross, dynamic weather, 4 DLCs already scheduled including 4 new tracks and 32 cars, etc).

@Tassie_tiger

From June

"In a press release, Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced the details regarding the Project Cars 2 Season Pass. Priced at $29.99, Season Pass holders will gain access to four upcoming DLC car packs (for the price of three), with each pack containing: eight new cars, new tracks, liveries and new career events.

Additionally, Project Cars 2 Season Pass holders will also get the Motorsport Cars Pack as a bonus exclusive and it contains four special vehicles.

• Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44 (1974) – beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon

• Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (1998) – a ’90s GT stalwart

• Audi V8 DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) (1991) – a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM

• Opel Astra TCR (2016) – Opel’s latest 300hp Touring Car monster"

June, 3 months ago.

Price + number of packs + number of cars and tracks per pack + some specific cars.

All that would be accurate if a) PCars wasn't the most important title for e-sports at the moment (and with PC2 that will only increase) and b) GT Sport was a similar game as all previous GTs - which it isn't, since its main focus is online racing and e-sports, putting it in the same market as PC2.

Sales from previous titles and Sony's money are meaningless when GTS is entering a market where it has never been. PC2 has been there for 2+ years with e-sports competitions on every platform pretty much every week / month. It's not on the scale of an FPS, but I don't think any racing game will ever get there.

Having said that, I also think PC2 is complementary to GTS, at least when we talk about offline enjoyment (60+ tracks, rally cross, dynamic weather, 4 DLCs already scheduled including 4 new tracks and 32 cars, etc).

@Tassie_tiger

From June

"In a press release, Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced the details regarding the Project Cars 2 Season Pass. Priced at $29.99, Season Pass holders will gain access to four upcoming DLC car packs (for the price of three), with each pack containing: eight new cars, new tracks, liveries and new career events.

Additionally, Project Cars 2 Season Pass holders will also get the Motorsport Cars Pack as a bonus exclusive and it contains four special vehicles.

• Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44 (1974) – beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon

• Audi V8 DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) (1991) – a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM

June, 3 months ago.

Price + number of packs + number of cars and tracks per pack + some specific cars.

pc2 will feel and taste like watered down tea in regards of brunt, gurth and depth of numerous GTSport's social aspects as well as e-sport - and those two feed each other in symbiosis. It will have a life, not just a side note to single player.
But that's why those 2 games compliment each other instead of trashing.

@Tassie_tiger

From June

June, 3 months ago.

Fair call mate.
To be honest I didn't know of the "8 new cars" info.
So thanks for that.

I did know of the rest, but seriously, it's all pretty vague, with no time schedule.

I also discounted the Motorsport pack, and also the Japanese pack.
I see them as nothing more than day one paid DLC, unless you purchase a more expensive game version.
Which if I'm honest, I'm not a great fan of.

I'm not deliberately having a go at you.
There are plenty of things I could have added to that list, and for both the other 2 games releasing before gtsport.
But I do feel you're jumping the gun a little early.

pc2 will feel and taste like watered down tea in regards of brunt, gurth and depth of numerous GTSport's social aspects as well as e-sport

What numerous social aspects? Genuine question: they both look like they'll offer plenty of ways to share with fellow players.

I did know of the rest, but seriously, it's all pretty vague, with no time schedule.

Indeed, though it's generally accepted that Season Passes should wrap up within 12 months of release.

But it is a notable difference between GT Sport and its competition. PCARS2's rough DLC outline was announced months ago. Forza's wasn't, but that series' post-launch support is so consistent you can practically set a watch to it.

We're less than four weeks out from Sport's release, and there's been no official mention of any post-launch support, outside of the vague "500 cars" comment from over a year ago. That seems ambitious to say the least, seeing as how the game is launching after four years of development with 150-ish. If there is a post-launch plan — and a game as online-oriented as Sport seems to be would certainly benefit from one — it hasn't been mentioned yet, and this close to release, that's a little strange.

It'll be very interesting to see how it all unfolds leading up to release.

What numerous social aspects? Genuine question: they both look like they'll offer plenty of ways to share with fellow players.

Indeed, though it's generally accepted that Season Passes should wrap up within 12 months of release.

But it is a notable difference between GT Sport and its competition. PCARS2's rough DLC outline was announced months ago. Forza's wasn't, but that series' post-launch support is so consistent you can practically set a watch to it.

We're less than four weeks out from Sport's release, and there's been no official mention of any post-launch support, outside of the vague "500 cars" comment from over a year ago. That seems ambitious to say the least, seeing as how the game is launching after four years of development with 150-ish. If there is a post-launch plan — and a game as online-oriented as Sport seems to be would certainly benefit from one — it hasn't been mentioned yet, and this close to release, that's a little strange.

You will soon see what I refer to anyway. In short, all those GTSport's features that many talk down on as "superfluous" and as "having nothing with racing" - they don't directly BUT THEY will be primordial soup that connects, binds everything bringing entire GTSport VEHICLE to life as one single social organism.

Those who wouldn't like are free to completely avoid it.

No need to argue will it have such effects as I expect, you will see that by holidays.

Vague? Literally the only thing missing is the actual release dates and, if the first game is any indication, the DLC will be flowing quickly and regularly. No one would expect to know the content at this point.

Indeed.
Should GT turn out to be a "service" as has been hinted, it's confusing why they wouldn't have a Season Pass themselves.

I'm not one that prescribes to calling for free DLC as to me a solid days work equals a solid days pay.
So where does that leave us?
Are they really looking at a majority of free DLC, or perhaps they simply don't have the content ready to go with a Seasons Pass.
Or perhaps it's a model they don't agree with and they have another way planned for doing things.

As you say, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
And not only from PD's side, but also their customers reactions.

@Johnnypenso
Yes, vague.
It's the opposite of certain, and the only thing certain, which I have now been informed, is the number of cars.
The rest is undefined, unclear, uncertain, vague.
Particularly when compared to the rather specific list anticipated/expected for GT Sport in the post I replied to.

Last edited:
You said we know almost everything about GTSPORT. Clearly that is not the case. We have the broad strokes on some things and some details here and there bit there is a ton we don't know.
We do know ALMOST everything about GT Sport - we know more or less how many cars and tracks it features, we know how the campaign works and we know what other features like online lobby, scapes, museum and livery editor it offers. There‘s a ton we do know and some details we dont.

pc2 will feel and taste like watered down tea in regards of brunt, gurth and depth of numerous GTSport's social aspects as well as e-sport - and those two feed each other in symbiosis. It will have a life, not just a side note to single player.
But that's why those 2 games compliment each other instead of trashing.

You will soon see what I refer to anyway. In short, all those GTSport's features that many talk down on as "superfluous" and as "having nothing with racing" - they don't directly BUT THEY will be primordial soup that connects, binds everything bringing entire GTSport VEHICLE to life as one single social organism.

Can you be more objective? When I read this I get this feeling I'm reading something Deepak Chopra would write. And that's usually not a good thing.

What specific features are you talking about and how will they turn GTS into something so awesome? Sharing photos and leaving likes and comments? Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Indeed.
Should GT turn out to be a "service" as has been hinted, it's confusing why they wouldn't have a Season Pass themselves.

I'm not one that prescribes to calling for free DLC as to me a solid days work equals a solid days pay.
So where does that leave us?
Are they really looking at a majority of free DLC, or perhaps they simply don't have the content ready to go with a Seasons Pass.
Or perhaps it's a model they don't agree with and they have another way planned for doing things.

As you say, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
And not only from PD's side, but also their customers reactions.

I'm guessing because PD are not blind to fact how light launch content is.

They really should give vast majority of dlc content for FREE in first 6-12 months... How could they then go about promoting seasons pass (typical for paying version).
And can they judge in such time frame how much content can they produce with 100% and how much under maybe?
If their production stalls then the little they make really should go free.
And even if they produce a lot - enough for free and paid packages - still better just sell single dlc and steer away from passes.

Because if one will be giving god portion of stuff for free, one risks upsetting all those who payed for passes (and may fell like free contents would be enough if they knew). Etc.

We do know ALMOST everything about GT Sport - we know more or less how many cars and tracks it features, we know how the campaign works and we know what other features like online lobby, scapes, museum and livery editor it offers. There‘s a ton we do know and some details we dont.
You know how the campaign works? What are the prize levels like and how do they fit in with the overall economy? Are there prize cars for certain events or overall completion? If you repeat the event and get a better time do you get more prize money? Will more campaign events be added post launch? Will you have to compete certain portions of the Campaign in order to compete online generally, and, more specifically in Sport Mode? How easy or difficult are the tests relative to prior games?

Back