default_majesty.gif
5 Laps neck and neck. Shame 1 guy went off. Peach of a race
default_sSc_spin.gif
The Thrill of Driving this race was something else. This Game
default_majesty.gif
The Experience of Real Racing
default_majesty.gif

Finally got a Sub 5 Minute at Nurburgring with the Mercedes F1 W08! :D

@WestRoadZ Wow! Mesmerising lap. Clean and very quick.

May I ask why you don't use the 8th gear? Or have you customised your W08 to run top speed in 7th?

Here's my lap, with default gear ratios. I ran out of gears too fast, and constantly wanting more speed at 8th. My lap time is way off your sub 5. I'm losing so much time by not having long gears.

Thanks for sharing and showing how it's done.

Hotlap Mercedes F1 W08 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

@WestRoadZ Wow! Mesmerising lap. Clean and very quick.

Thanks mate, took a couple tries to get everything right lol

May I ask why you don't use the 8th gear? Or have you customised your W08 to run top speed in 7th?

I wanted to have as much traction as possible so I changed the transmission to run to 7th so I could be on full power 2nd and 3rd gear through the slower corners. I got the base setup from another GTP Member:

But I have made minor changes to the LSD and of course the transmission. Welcome to check out his setup or see if my adjustments help at the ring.

Also, with the transmission changes, I only top out at 334km/h with the hopes of having better acceleration and getting the power down out of the corner as quick as possible. As well as full down force, I sacrifice top end speed for stability and acceleration through the technical bits.

Thanks mate, took a couple tries to get everything right lol

I wanted to have as much traction as possible so I changed the transmission to run to 7th so I could be on full power 2nd and 3rd gear through the slower corners. I got the base setup from another GTP Member:

But I have made minor changes to the LSD and of course the transmission. Welcome to check out his setup or see if my adjustments help at the ring.

Also, with the transmission changes, I only top out at 334km/h with the hopes of having better acceleration and getting the power down out of the corner as quick as possible. As well as full down force, I sacrifice top end speed for stability and acceleration through the technical bits.

Thanks @WestRoadZ for the insights and very useful tips.

I see your car is all about corner speed. My W08 was topping out at 355km/h, by using front/rear aero at min 1300/1800, which makes it slow powering out of corners....corner speed triumphs over top speed.

Cheers mate, look forward to your next hotlap, a sub-4:50 Nordschleife no doubt:cheers:

Gonna stream a local league race, I'm on the air :)

QF starts at 9:15PM UTC and race at 9:39PM UTC. 90min endurance, Gr.1 @ La Sarthe.

Back