GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
granturismo_4__s_photo_mode___6_by_pete_c_89.jpg
2399336-1135173579-5z0Ex.jpg

Natural evolution.

Looks like the whole of PS4 power goes to the graphics 👎
I swear man half the stuff you say in these threads show that you are really out of touch. First, we do not know if these images are rendered in GT Sport. Second, we do not know if these are even GT Sport photos. Third, we do not know how PD is going to optimize their game. So please stop making these "tales from your ass".

(Credits to anyone who gets the quote.)

Oh my, what a delight to finally witness something new.

Whilst we're currently unsure of the circumstances in which the images may represent, several largely possible theories have arisen. Its plausible that such images are simply concept-esque visualizations of an idealistic reality. Perhaps they represent a revamped, real world photo mode. Simply even, as previously stated, an admittedly marvelously done rendered vehicle on a backdrop.

For now, speculation is our only direction.

Blimey.

Oh my, what a delight to finally witness something new.

Whilst we're currently unsure of the circumstances in which the images may represent, several largely possible theories have arisen. Its plausible that such images are simply concept-esque visualizations of an idealistic reality. Perhaps they represent a revamped, real world photo mode. Simply even, as previously stated, an admittedly marvelously done rendered vehicle on a backdrop.

For now, speculation is our only direction.

Blimey.

Did you swallow a dictionary before writing that post? :P

If that's photomode (highly highly doubt it is) then we have achieved perfect photorealism (DC is there in some cases as well). still think the environments look way too good.

If that's photomode (highly highly doubt it is) then we have achieved perfect photorealism (DC is there in some cases as well). still think the environments look way too good.

Well I still think the backgrounds are real life, like in that Toyota image I can't believe they've gone into that much intricate detail, even if they could. Just look at all of the grass/plants in the very foreground, for one.

Well I still think the backgrounds are real life, like in that Toyota image I can't believe they've gone into that much intricate detail, even if they could. Just look at all of the grass/plants in the very foreground, for one.

The Toyota pic is 100% real life, but I'm betting the others are aswell (backgrounds not the cars), target renders perhaps?

Nope. The environment is a photo, you don't need a lot of power to make a photo look good.

And we don't even know the context of these images. For all we know they could just be renders made to showcase the models.

For GT6 they did these renders, where they used environment textures to create reflections on the cars:

cddad124055a9bd1770dedad78a67c65.jpg

It's pretty much the same thing, although in the GT6 images they made the environment texture visible only in the reflections.

People (were) too caught up on the backgrounds. They could be photogrammed, remodeled and projected/matted environments or just boxes with 360º pictures wrapped around or both. It doesn't matter, PD (and every other company) has been doing that for more than a decade.

The "point" is the car rendering and how close to a "visual unity"/belonging to the environment they can get.
And they mostly behave very naturally in these small pictures of pictures. The Lexus has that bloom that gives it a more uncanny photo look, but the TS looks too natural (only photo that leaves me unsure, but I couldn't find news about a TS driving in the roads of Germany), even the light reflexes in the headlight glass has a soft diffusion along with the self-shadowing.

---

And poor GT. And Assetto Corsa, PCars and RRE. And Forza. And GSCE. Probably rFactor2 and iRacing too because why not.

I feel like the Rome shot is a composite of real life background and 3D model. I know PD love their detail but even for them there seems to be far too much detail. The transparent man's face looks very realistic, the woman has intricate detailing on her bag, then the detailed texture on the bin and wall.

Ghosts for GT Sport confirmed. 3spooky5me

Back