GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Yeah, I'm calling BS on the RCF photo. The people in that wouldn't be anywhere near as detailed in the game.

For reference, here's GT6's Eifel. The scenery of this and the prototype Autopolis are not the same.
Ve8YEm8s5HBiRgonLJL9mjq7BRrg1c-R_B2zfrKgbcP2Ho-tfVYTAveB7910dU92GrLKJ__TKFELoxOmvdQiWxv85yN9Mp2MDSJai4GVr7LqzJVszRX2wBaX2uV4t_Vq=w506-h284

Also, the HUD has not changed from GT6's... which leads to something unlikely... could it be coming to GT6 instead? 💡

For reference, here's GT6's Eifel. The scenery of this and the prototype Autopolis are not the same.
Ve8YEm8s5HBiRgonLJL9mjq7BRrg1c-R_B2zfrKgbcP2Ho-tfVYTAveB7910dU92GrLKJ__TKFELoxOmvdQiWxv85yN9Mp2MDSJai4GVr7LqzJVszRX2wBaX2uV4t_Vq=w506-h284

Also, the HUD has not changed from GT6's... which leads to something unlikely... could it be coming to GT6 instead? 💡

Could just be testing on the GT6 engine. I heard from somewhere that the engine they're working on won't change for a while.

The HUD is probably one of the last things they work on. They don't need it to look new now as they've still got time to work on the game. I'm sure it'll change for GTS.

Last edited:
The HUD is probably one of the last things they work on. They don't need it to look new now as they've still got time to work on the game. I'm sure it'll change for GTS.

That reminds me of those countless Windows Developer Previews - most of the time, the UIs won't change from the previous publicly released versions. ;)

So, here are my thoughts on the cars on the pictures.

Screenshot_2015-12-28-00-42-46.png
2-format2010.jpg

I think this could very well be a Jag F-Type. The almost non-existent rear overhang and overall shilhouette of the car seems too much fitting.
Screenshot_2015-12-28-00-42-52.png

Obvious: it's the R18. No comparison picture needed. :P Same goes for the RCF.
Screenshot_2015-12-28-00-43-00.png

So. Fellow user @oli440 said that this looks like Toscana. But I think this could be Utah, or at least a desert-ish location with some huge rocks, and Toscana didn't provide big rocks. Here's a pic of Utah, looks pretty similar to the pic with the car on it.
monument-valley-navajo-tribal-park-ii-utah-usa-ecc08c22-9df2-4231-9e34-4f1716d3cceb.jpg

On to the car again. It could of course be a rally car, it appears that it has got white or silver rims, and most common rally cars have white rims. If they are silver though, it could be a street car. It looks like a Lancer Evo 10 to me.

Here's my personal, completely baseless guess as to why Autopolis is in GT6 in such an incomplete state: The track has been developed from scratch for GT Sport and it's complete, or nearly so. PD decided to show the track at the Christmas party, but they didn't want to show GT Sport there since guests from outside PD are attending and the game hasn't made its debut in publicly playable form yet. So PD went and quickly ported Autopolis back to the GT6 engine with simplified scenery to give the guests a chance to try it out without having to spill their secrets on GT Sport.

It could be an F-Type, but I just don't know what all the darkness is under the tail lights. I don't think the shadows could be that dark...

I'm not convinced. The Lexus shot is definitely a real life picture, so the other 3 might be as well. And those gameplay ones are just GT6, it even says so in the tweet.

I'm not convinced. The Lexus shot is definitely a real life picture, so the other 3 might be as well. And those gameplay ones are just GT6, it even says so in the tweet.
The Lexus doesn't seem real to me. The cloud reflections on the car look questionable.

I feel like the Rome shot is a composite of real life background and 3D model. I know PD love their detail but even for them there seems to be far too much detail. The transparent man's face looks very realistic, the woman has intricate detailing on her bag, then the detailed texture on the bin and wall.
Maybe they have a new Photo Travel mode that you can take shot of your 3D model car in a real place, without ability to rotate the camera?! :D
Or a Photo Travel mode that real people models are involved!! :D You take a shot and then you can add real models to that!
Seriously, I doubt that pic is for GT. It looks so real, even for PD's standards.
But I don't know why they are tranparent:
lUm0q.jpg

Yes it is, it actually looks like an HDRi (A spherical image with accurate illumination intensities), the car is game generated. HDRi produce very realistic shadows and lighting with Global Illumination. These compositions are used quite a lot in marketing collateral for cars (although with professional grade rendering engines that produce much more realistic results).

Last edited:
The Lexus one is definitely NOT a real life picture, check out how the side mirror isn't reflected in the car's body - the instant giveaway.

I couldn't see any of these "giveaways" till you pointed this out - if this is how GTS is gonna look, even if it's exclusively photo,ode we're seeing, this is going to be absolutely insane.

That said, I'm less convinced that the scenery is digital - the people look too real to me.

Back