GT Sport Tuned Hot Hatch Shootout (6th Dec)

• Thread starter BigJimmy
  • 78 comments
United Kingdom
Devon UK
7070656983534175756_0.jpg

I thought it would be good fun to have some Touring Car style hot hatch fun so I'm doing a test evening to see how it goes. I'm pleased to say that the chaps from “Half The Race Gone” on YouTube will do a live commentary of the races for us as we are playing. You can see their channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagKBcZxhT9Im-_I2_wMUIg . Give them a sub if you are joining the action so you can listen and race!

The details:

The event: A two race evening using small upgraded hot hatches around two of my favorite circuits.
Date: 6th Dec 2018
Time: 20.30 GMT lobby open. Qualifying to start 20.50.

Sprint Race: Autodrome Lago Maggiore Central reverse (15 mins)
18 Laps
No Tire wear or fuel burn
Grid Start.
10 mins qualifying with race start set to fastest first.

5 min break

Feature Race: Red Bull Ring (Full) (25 mins)
15 Laps
Tire wear x5
Fuel x5
Grid Start
Grid order is reverse of first race result.

Cars Allowed:
Clio R.S. Trophy ’15 and ‘16
208 GTi ‘14
Abarth 500 ‘09
MiTo ‘09
Swift Sport ‘07
MINI Cooper S ‘05
DS3 ’11

Power: Max 275bhp
Weight: Minimum 1050kgs
Tuning/set up: Allowed
Tires: Racing Hard
Livery rule: Please add a racing style livery to your car. Either your own creation or one you like from the discovery section.

Penalties: Short Cut Light only.

Driving: Clean! Give the place back if you punt someone out of the way.

Points system: TBC

1st Prize: A signed photo of Gaby Roslin (if I can find it)
hehe.gif

I hope some of you fancy having a go at this. Please leave your PSN, Car choice and Race number in a comment below if you want to join.

Cheers Jimmy

My Car: MINI Cooper S '05

Last edited:
1. Allaloneatron

2. trevonic

3. Piosko

4. Whiteflight

5. ares118785

6. Si_berian_tiger

7. Vrsstig

8. Clarensinho

9. MATEJ505

10. .

11. .

12. .

13. .

14. .

15. .

16. Half the Race Gone!

Last edited:
Hi BigJimmy interesting, your idea reminded me the SCCA B-SPEC cars, where the cars was a half power less then yours, but very fun to drive.

Hi BigJimmy interesting, your idea reminded me the SCCA B-SPEC cars, where the cars was a half power less then yours, but very fun to drive.
Yep. That's the vibe I was going for. A bit like the stock hatches we have in the UK. Again these will be faster. Part way between those B-Spec and the British Touring Cars.

I'm going to do a practice lobby for this tonight, around 20:00 gmt, no racing just 30mins practice at each track, I'll start with Maggiore I'll put Hot Hatch Challenge in the lobby name.

I'm going to do a practice lobby for this tonight, around 20:00 gmt, no racing just 30mins practice at each track, I'll start with Maggiore I'll put Hot Hatch Challenge in the lobby name.
I won't be able to make it. I'm a Celebrity has taken over the TV now.

I only tried 3 cars...the Mini, Clio and DS3 they were all within 3/10ths at Maggiorre and I was getting low to mid 50sec laps. At RBR they were still within .6 and was getting mid 1:42's, I had them on pretty much the same setup as I know nothing about tuning!

I only tried 3 cars...the Mini, Clio and DS3 they were all within 3/10ths at Maggiorre and I was getting low to mid 50sec laps. At RBR they were still within .6 and was getting mid 1:42's, I had them on pretty much the same setup as I know nothing about tuning!
I made i quick test session this morning before work and on RBR i hit in DS3 1:42,5xx, and like you i'm not a good tuner.

Power: Max 275bhp
Weight: Minimum 1050kgs
Tuning/set up: Allowed
Tires: Racing Hard
Jimmy are you planning to post a spec for each car, not all allowed cars have the ability to have the same specyfication.

I'm on 1.42s as well. As for power and weight you just get as close as you can without breaking the rules. All can get close but won't be exact.

I think it's shaping up to be a good event! I'm concentrating on FIA today, but I'll make a final decision on which car I'll use at the weekend. One question on settings..are we using the default fuel amount?

I think it's shaping up to be a good event! I'm concentrating on FIA today, but I'll make a final decision on which car I'll use at the weekend. One question on settings..are we using the default fuel amount?

Yes full amount. It might mean a tiny bit of fuel saving for some cars.. The mini included I think.

Jimmy in the longer race at RBR we will need a pit stop for refuel if i'm right, i'm asking because there is no mention about mandatory pit stop in first post.

Back