GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.06)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 127 comments
That red dot has not been representative of the actual steering angle (at the wheels) since launch. I was trying to diagnose the countersteer issues on the DS4 and quickly learned it was useless, as it seemed filtered in some way :D
Maybe it's G-Forces?

Shouldn't it match steering angle instead of either of those two or is that technically the same as wheels?

Just started playing again after a holiday. Way too much grip now with the update. Cars are too easy to drive with this update.
Almost like an arcade mode or with the old SRF returning without an "off" option though.
I don't like it. :(

Edit:
Referring to GT4 and GT3 cars which is all i've tried since the update.

Shouldn't it match steering angle instead of either of those two or is that technically the same as wheels?
I don't really know why it's there, but it would probably make more sense for it to match the actual steering angle on the car. The hand animation has always operated on a filtered version of the steering input. On the DS4, the actual steering angle is also filtered from the input. I assume it's 1:1 for wheels.

So there are (at least) three steering "angles":
Input
Actual (physics)
Hands

The red dot follows the hands, for some reason. Maybe PD called them something nondescript, like Steer_angle_1, Steer_angle_2 etc. and forgot which was which.

Back