GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.06)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 127 comments
I agree. It’s taken away the whole point of needing to refuel, now it’s just a formality due to everyone getting a big reminder
I don't understand this at all.

The whole point of needing to refuel is that if you're running a fuel-limited event, you figure out your fuel usage per lap in advance and see how you can plan a race strategy and when you should pit.

Low fuel is low fuel. If you don't notice you have low fuel, it's a UI issue hence why they updated it. Not noticing you are low on fuel is not part of race strategy :confused:

I don't understand this at all.

The whole point of needing to refuel is that if you're running a fuel-limited event, you figure out your fuel usage per lap in advance and see how you can plan a race strategy and when you should pit.

Low fuel is low fuel. If you don't notice you have low fuel, it's a UI issue hence why they updated it. Not noticing you are low on fuel is not part of race strategy :confused:
It's an immersion thing...

They seem to have changed the rules on the Missions. The Toyko Timed Rally one in the GTR took me a few attempts to gold, but it seems like they've now removed all of the penalties for contact with other cars or the walls as part of their "adjusting the difficulty", so you can smash your way around and easily finish with a few seconds over the gold threshold. Way to take all the challenge out of the game, PD!

Think the bug were if you drove with no HUD then played a replay, all the replay controls were not showing, ,think it works now , but ive only tried one track.

I haven’t seen end it said but when you go to open a livery in livery editor you can choose from all cars not just the car you are currently in

I haven’t seen end it said but when you go to open a livery in livery editor you can choose from all cars not just the car you are currently in

Is there a posibility to use a livery from a GR.4 car to a GR.3 car? It's a lot of work making the same livery for every GT-R in the game...

Only done a couple of daily races, but seems they've fixed the ordering of the entrants to be in grid order, on the screen shown while loading track etc.

edit: No idea if that's server-side or not though.

Is there a posibility to use a livery from a GR.4 car to a GR.3 car? It's a lot of work making the same livery for every GT-R in the game...
Not that I have seen. Anyhow it wouldn't make sense to have a Gr.4 livery on a Gr.3 Car, certain points the decal might attach to don't exist on both cars and the livery would be super disfigured

Not that I have seen. Anyhow it wouldn't make sense to have a Gr.4 livery on a Gr.3 Car, certain points the decal might attach to don't exist on both cars and the livery would be super disfigured

I feel you, but my Gr.4 livery could easily fit om my Gr.3 GT-R..

This is from today's FIA Nation's Cup race, and it did something I wasn't expecting or had seen before...

Fastest Driver in Canada??? Now I KNOW for a fact this isn't true... did they mean for this race??? I was fastest Canadian in this race, but there's no way in hell they could've meant overall, right???

Cheers

This is from today's FIA Nation's Cup race, and it did something I wasn't expecting or had seen before...

Now I KNOW for a fact this isn't true... did they mean for this race??? I was fastest Canadian in this race, but there's no way in hell they could've meant overall, right???

Cheers

I'm not sure what that is yet. Could be places gained from starting position or could be places gained due to people quitting

Only done a couple of daily races, but seems they've fixed the ordering of the entrants to be in grid order, on the screen shown while loading track etc.

edit: No idea if that's server-side or not though.

Adding this.

Fastest Driver in Canada??? Now I KNOW for a fact this isn't true... did they mean for this race??? I was fastest Canadian in this race, but there's no way in hell they could've meant overall, right???

Cheers

That's..interesting..

Will amend the first post with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup its right there in OP:

"It is now possible to create and edit Liveries of cars without having to set the car to be edited as the currently selected car."

Because he just added it...

Actually, no:

Documented Changes

Livery Editor
- It is now possible to use the Livery Editor while offline.
- It is now possible to create and edit Liveries of cars without having to set the car to be edited as the currently selected car.
- It is now possible to apply car liveries to cars loaned in the Manufacturer’s Series. (*It is now possible to enter races in the Manufacturer’s Series with custom car liveries applied. )

That was there when I first posted the thread and its one of the things listed in the official 1.06 Update on the official site and in the article (Which makes it not a undocumented change)

I was gonna add it in the rush of all these posts but forgot it was already a listed change.

The super slow hands movement is getting very annoying :/
Yeah the hand movement before the update was already perfect. It's lovely to see the steering wheel rotate more than 90 degrees instantly when turning really really hard, but now it just looks stupid. PD needs to stop tampering with stuff that doesn't need fixing :indiff: #IfItAintBrokeDontFixIt

They updated the visuals in alot of tracks. Sazuka now has a ton of photographers walking around and Alsace has more tents/grandstands AND THEY ADDED COWS, PREMIUM COWS~!
Edit: also in photo mode the panning settings are now animated as opposed to static images .Edit 2. After a few rounds of testing and referencing replays, I can safely say the AI is significantly faster now. They seem to break later into turns and go faster on straights. I ran my tuned 86 gr4 starting on 14th out of 16 and ended up 10th after 4 laps ( clean racing) with the car behind me constantly overtaking me. Before I was easily getting to 3rd -1st place

They updated the visuals in alot of tracks. Sazuka now has a ton of photographers walking around and Alsace has more tents/grandstands AND THEY ADDED COWS, PREMIUM COWS~!
Edit: also in photo mode the panning settings are now animated as opposed to static images .Edit 2. After a few rounds of testing and referencing replays, I can safely say the AI is significantly faster now. They seem to break later into turns and go faster on straights. I ran my tuned 86 gr4 starting on 14th out of 16 and ended up 10th after 4 laps ( clean racing) with the car behind me constantly overtaking me. Before I was easily getting to 3rd -1st place
'Premium Cows'...lol.

In the livery editor, when you use the colour picker, it defaults to the colour already on the decal, not whichever swatch you last had selected on the way to clicking the picker. This means it's possible to make small changes to colours, and it also means that you can get existing colours off decals and into your history.

This might have already been in since the last update, I'm not sure.

Back