GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.06)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 127 comments
It seems the game will punish you now with a penalty for running really, really wide exiting the last right hander of the Mercedes Arena at Nurburgring GP.

Last edited:
It seems the game will punish you now with a penalty for running really, really wide exiting the last right hander of the Mercedes Arena at Nurburgring GP

I got a penalty there ages ago but it might have been from cutting the corner before running wide.

Other changes
Dragon trail now has a helicopter flying around in the online modes, in patch 1.00-1.05 the helicopter was only present in campaign mode. now it shows up online. It's still absent in arcade/ custom race for some odd reason.

Adding a decal to your collection now returns you to the page it came from rather than the front page of the search results, i.e. if the decal comes from the page containing results 400-499 you are returned to that page rather than the page that contains the results 0-99.

I hope that makes sense, not enough coffee yet ;)

Adding a decal to your collection now returns you to the page it came from rather than the front page of the search results, i.e. if the decal comes from the page containing results 400-499 you are returned to that page rather than the page that contains the results 0-99.

Yes makes sense.
I hated going back to the beginning. Sometimes I'd forget what page I was on. Good to know now.

I find that some cars got their PoV altered. For example i can't recreate my sitting position in the GT4 Porsche. The cockpit view now looks different. I feel in total much closer to the windscreen.

What i really really would like to see improve is the sky texture. There are some rough textured parts the more far the sun is away. At times it looks almost dreadful.

Other changes
Dragon trail now has a helicopter flying around in the online modes, in patch 1.00-1.05 the helicopter was only present in campaign mode. now it shows up online. It's still absent in arcade/ custom race for some odd reason.

I have a photo of a helicopter taken from a replay of a Custom Race at Dragon Trail early November. It's possible that it wasn't in the actual race, however I think I recall hearing it. It's down near the waterfront.

PS_Messages_20171128_172323.jpg
PS_Messages_20171128_172328.jpg
they added some grandstands on Interlagos back straight like in real life.

View attachment 695422 View attachment 695423 they added some grandstands on Interlagos back straight like in real life.
Also on the topic of grandstands, unless I'm crazy, all the grandstands bar the ones on the fronstretch on both layouts of Kyoto Driving Park have been removed.
Edit: actually this might be a glitch. In time trial mode, the grandstands are gone but in arcade mode, they're there.

Last edited:
I find that some cars got their PoV altered. For example i can't recreate my sitting position in the GT4 Porsche. The cockpit view now looks different. I feel in total much closer to the windscreen.

What i really really would like to see improve is the sky texture. There are some rough textured parts the more far the sun is away. At times it looks almost dreadful.

I'm wondering if the fov or position changed too. It feels much better in 1.06. I did not like driving in cockpit view in 1.05, but now im driving in cockpit view in 1.06 and I feel like I can control the car better, see over the hood and around better. Maybe its a placebo effect because of the other changes like the handling grip and sounds. I have the engine sounds, transmission sounds turned up.

Am I the only one who experienced lack of speeding up when drifting? that's annoying, seems like something about the physics changed in this version.

Am I the only one who experienced lack of speeding up when drifting? that's annoying, seems like something about the physics changed in this version.

You can't speed up while drifting since our tires are past the threshold of grip, at best you can maintain your speed.

I'm wondering if the fov or position changed too. It feels much better in 1.06. I did not like driving in cockpit view in 1.05, but now im driving in cockpit view in 1.06 and I feel like I can control the car better, see over the hood and around better. Maybe its a placebo effect because of the other changes like the handling grip and sounds. I have the engine sounds, transmission sounds turned up.

Right. To me the cockpit feels now 'bigger' when driving in cockpit view. I felt sort of detached from it a little bit prior to patch.

Since the update I no longer get any sector times showed in the datasheet you get presented after a time trial or a daily race quali. All it show‘s are -:—.‘ or something like that. However it still lists the overall best time and the optimum best lap time.

Since the update I no longer get any sector times showed in the datasheet you get presented after a time trial or a daily race quali. All it show‘s are -:—.‘ or something like that. However it still lists the overall best time and the optimum best lap time.

I think this was always the case. Full detail from memory is only shown in Sport mode qualifying tine trials. It may also be bugged as even in Sport mode it sometimes does not show as seems to be number of lap dependent.

Also on the topic of grandstands, unless I'm crazy, all the grandstands bar the ones on the fronstretch on both layouts of Kyoto Driving Park have been removed.
Edit: actually this might be a glitch. In time trial mode, the grandstands are gone but in arcade mode, they're there.
Its not a glitch, PD made all the tracks have little/no props during time trials . There will be a handful of spectators and a few photographers . Some tracks have entire tents/cars/helicopters/grandstands disappear during the Time trials. It makes sense.

I still find the fact it goes back to the start of the page your on a little annoying, would be nice if once you have looked at or chosen the liveries you want it brings you back out to the one you were looking at rather than going all the way back to the top of the page!

I still find the fact it goes back to the start of the page your on a little annoying, would be nice if once you have looked at or chosen the liveries you want it brings you back out to the one you were looking at rather than going all the way back to the top of the page!

Even Amazon on Lightning Deals etc does that....the pages are constantly updating so its difficult to do I would think.

Back