GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.11)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 189 comments
Seems quite logical to me.

Those 2 tracks are significantly longer (3x, 4x, or more) than all other tracks.
Plus, people used to use ridiculously low power cars against LMP1's with a setting that ran the Gr.1 cars out of fuel to farm Credits and XP in an event they clearly shouldn't have been winning.
I was reading your post again and it made me realize two things.

1) Gr. 1 cars must not be able to do a full lap on x3 fuel consumption so x2 is the highest allowed.

2) Why do it to the tires too? There's no way the tires are totally worn when set to x4. It can't be that bad.

1) Gr. 1 cars must not be able to do a full lap on x3 fuel consumption so x2 is the highest allowed.

2) Why do it to the tires too? There's no way the tires are totally worn when set to x4. It can't be that bad.

They will become useless halfway through the second lap. If they pit to change tires they usually also fill up. This means an easy win.

Sure, no more massive understeer to try and get the car to turn in. Aaaand, no more massive snap oversteer the moment you do finally get it to turn in. Easy and responsive to subtle wheel rotation, easy to catch if I over-drift.

I first tried the Raptor rally in campaign mode and it felt pretty good much to my amazement. So I took the Evo rally car out and it was a blast to drive.

Can anyone give me a 2nd opinion on this? I'm shocked this isn't in the notes and no one else mentioned it before me :odd: Of course, to be honest, they could've fixed it in 1.10 for all I know since I didn't attempt any rallying during that update window.

Jerome

I'm noticing improvements.
The ffb on the wheel , t300rs, seems to communicate tire grip and slip much better, it shakes and tightens up nicely. Catching a slide feel much improved now and the tires have better grip at the limit. Noticeable changes, i almost abandoned GTS, glad its coming back to form.

The cars have more feel to them and more enjoyable to drive as they rotate much better now and can approach the limit without being severly penalized on pace like past builds.

I don't know mate, but ...

1) You could be right. Don't forget there was also an adjustment to fuel capacity and consumption in the last update.

2) I assume it's a distance thing. The 24 hour track is literally 3.5times the length of the next longest track (Tokyo).
So it's 3.5 laps of Tokyo (or over 4 laps of Bathurst) for 1 lap.
Perhaps they are trying to make sure that it isn't necessary to pit after each lap.
I don't know if AI always take on fuel when they pit for tyres (if so, perhaps this is another reason), but I do know they can pit for fuel without swapping tyres.

To get this back to undocumented changes, I notice there is now a crossed-out spanner symbol shown in the lobby selection menu when a lobby has Tuning Prohibited set.
I realise the option to prohibit tuning came with 1.10, but I hadn't noticed the symbol in the menus until after the latest update.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned in previous undocumented changes threads, but replays from Maggiore that were recorded before the latest update now contain the changes that were made to the track.

The outside kerb on turn 8 of the Lago Maggiore - GP (end of 'S' section) has been readjusted as a result of the new variants added with this update. The changes allow you to take quite better advantage of the exterior when getting out of that turn, to the point that the exit has turned into 'flat out' on many cars which couldn't tackle it that way before.
If you didn’t know that there used to be a notoriously unforgiving patch of grass on the exit that corner, many incidents there will look like rookie mistakes when watching pre-1.11 replays now.

not sure if any of this was mentioned before - The digital dashboard in the Gr3 Benz and Audi are more visible, the light is tuned down.

Gear whine seems to be changed. I've only noticed it on the MX5 as that's the car I've been driving the most before (thanks N24 pit glitch, you will be missed). It's a lot more high pitched now.
Indeed. Tried out my R8 yesterday and i found the whine more high-pitched than usual

Awesome news to read that the grid size has been raised from 16 to 20 in arcade mode for the combined track that came with the previous update. I’ll have to see if that’s the case across all tracks now because there are one or two others that have 16. It’s fantastic that PD obviously seek to have as big a grid as possible.

Last edited:
Did they alter the Kyoto Yamagiwa+Miyabi circuit? On that sharp turn from the second long straight which leads to the uphill from Yamagiwa, prior to the update it had a weird elevation change there that would unsettle the car if hitting the wrong point in the turn. They seem to have flattened that turn out.

Did they alter the Kyoto Yamagiwa+Miyabi circuit? On that sharp turn from the second long straight which leads to the uphill from Yamagiwa, prior to the update it had a weird elevation change there that would unsettle the car if hitting the wrong point in the turn. They seem to have flattened that turn out.

I really hope not

On Miyabi the frame rate skips horribly where the new variants second turn starts . I think the games struggling to load something in . Its not a frame drop , it skips .

Did they changed the netcode in online races? I had red bar in every race i did today, my connection was never great but before i was getting 3 bars in the races, now i'm lagging and ruining the experience for other players.

Did they changed the netcode in online races? I had red bar in every race i did today, my connection was never great but before i was getting 3 bars in the races, now i'm lagging and ruining the experience for other players.

They made it more stable overall but I'm noticing a lot more " red " signal guys teleporting around . I thought it was my new internet provider.

I have not read this whole thread so sorry if this has been already said. The Ferrari F40 now has the correct European spec gear ratios.

That's interesting didn't know it had different gear ratios depending on the market. So does it have shorter or longer gear ratios?

I realized another car "the Diablo GT" has a very low top speed. I think it may be due to that the they decided to give it shorter gear ratios. Customers are supposed to have the option to choose different gear ratios in real life back then.

That's interesting didn't know it had different gear ratios depending on the market. So does it have shorter or longer gear ratios?

I realized another car "the Diablo GT" has a very low top speed. I think it may be due to that the they decided to give it shorter gear ratios. Customers are supposed to have the option to choose different gear ratios in real life back then.

Shorter gears, it still is longer than the car needs so top speed shouldn’t be effected. I actually liked the former long first gear of the previous setup because it made first more useful on the track, but this definitely helps with acceleration from a stop.

Do you have to re-buy the F40 to get the European gear ratios or does it change automatically in the one in your garage?

Anyone have a record of the F40 gear ratios before and after 1.11, they could post?

So glad they changed the F40s ratios, It already was terrible in GT6, It felt like the car would be able to reach Mach 1 if it had enough power :lol:

When did these red circle indicators appear next to the gear and speed display, which show proximity of other cars? I haven't noticed them prior to the latest update. If these show up in cockpit view, it'll make it slightly more usable in Sport races as we don't get the "shadows" in cockpit view.

i19ZyuHKfiY07SB.jpg

Can anyone confirm if this was the same before the patch?
When did these red circle indicators appear next to the gear and speed display, which show proximity of other cars? I haven't noticed them prior to the latest update. If these show up in cockpit view, it'll make it slightly more usable in Sport races as we don't get the "shadows" in cockpit view.

i19ZyuHKfiY07SB.jpg
They've been there since launch.

In GT League, after you win a race, at the bottom of the results screen, it now says "Wins for this race" instead of "Wins after this race." Both are confusing, syntax-wise, but I guess the update is a little clearer.

Did you guys notice any nerf to the BoP of Cayman Clubsport? I’ve run some time trials yesterday at Dragon Trail, and loaded my ghost from 2 weeks ago - I was losing a lot of time in comparison to my previous performance, even on the first straight I’m losing more than a second... (other cars perform way better, and previously they couldn’t catch up with the Cayman).

Not really an undocumented change per se, but if you stop at the second Lesmos at Monza you can hear birds chirping in the trees!

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that when taking race photos the little button prompt at the bottom of the screen is no longer displayed, making sharing easier.

Before after a second or two of taking s picture during a race from the bottom of the screen two button icons would fade in along with a dark shadow to highlight them. This no longer happens

Might be old news, but just noticed red dots on the penalty cell of the results sheet after a lobby race. Not all players an no-one had any penalty left at the end. Does this indicate who has had penalties during race? It was a 20min timed race i recall.

Latest Posts

Back