GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.11)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RACECAR, Jan 26, 2018.

1. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

I was reading your post again and it made me realize two things.

1) Gr. 1 cars must not be able to do a full lap on x3 fuel consumption so x2 is the highest allowed.

2) Why do it to the tires too? There's no way the tires are totally worn when set to x4. It can't be that bad.

2. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

They will become useless halfway through the second lap. If they pit to change tires they usually also fill up. This means an easy win.

3. BreakerOhio

BreakerOhio

I'm noticing improvements.
    The ffb on the wheel , t300rs, seems to communicate tire grip and slip much better, it shakes and tightens up nicely. Catching a slide feel much improved now and the tires have better grip at the limit. Noticeable changes, i almost abandoned GTS, glad its coming back to form.

The cars have more feel to them and more enjoyable to drive as they rotate much better now and can approach the limit without being severly penalized on pace like past builds.

4. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

I don't know mate, but ...

1) You could be right. Don't forget there was also an adjustment to fuel capacity and consumption in the last update.

2) I assume it's a distance thing. The 24 hour track is literally 3.5times the length of the next longest track (Tokyo).
    So it's 3.5 laps of Tokyo (or over 4 laps of Bathurst) for 1 lap.
    Perhaps they are trying to make sure that it isn't necessary to pit after each lap.
    I don't know if AI always take on fuel when they pit for tyres (if so, perhaps this is another reason), but I do know they can pit for fuel without swapping tyres.

To get this back to undocumented changes, I notice there is now a crossed-out spanner symbol shown in the lobby selection menu when a lobby has Tuning Prohibited set.
    I realise the option to prohibit tuning came with 1.10, but I hadn't noticed the symbol in the menus until after the latest update.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Macboyilija likes this.
  5. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

If you didn’t know that there used to be a notoriously unforgiving patch of grass on the exit that corner, many incidents there will look like rookie mistakes when watching pre-1.11 replays now.

Renrag39 and Mirror_man like this.
  6. xXMann07

xXMann07

not sure if any of this was mentioned before - The digital dashboard in the Gr3 Benz and Audi are more visible, the light is tuned down.

7. ThePotatoKing

ThePotatoKing

Indeed. Tried out my R8 yesterday and i found the whine more high-pitched than usual

8. CHEN255

CHEN255

Awesome news to read that the grid size has been raised from 16 to 20 in arcade mode for the combined track that came with the previous update. I’ll have to see if that’s the case across all tracks now because there are one or two others that have 16. It’s fantastic that PD obviously seek to have as big a grid as possible.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Macboyilija likes this.
  9. tofuhero

tofuhero

Did they alter the Kyoto Yamagiwa+Miyabi circuit? On that sharp turn from the second long straight which leads to the uphill from Yamagiwa, prior to the update it had a weird elevation change there that would unsettle the car if hitting the wrong point in the turn. They seem to have flattened that turn out.

10. NosOsH

NosOsH

I really hope not

11. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Just did a lap and didn't notice anything.

12. tofuhero

tofuhero

Huh, must be placebo effect. A lot of the Yamagiwa track details look different to me after the update.

13. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

On Miyabi the frame rate skips horribly where the new variants second turn starts . I think the games struggling to load something in . Its not a frame drop , it skips .

KADR777 likes this.
  14. Zaptroxix

Zaptroxix

Did they changed the netcode in online races? I had red bar in every race i did today, my connection was never great but before i was getting 3 bars in the races, now i'm lagging and ruining the experience for other players.

15. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

They made it more stable overall but I'm noticing a lot more " red " signal guys teleporting around . I thought it was my new internet provider.

16. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

That is probably the best part of the update! I found it very frustrating when it would reset to the top every time.

17. GhostChild

GhostChild

That's interesting didn't know it had different gear ratios depending on the market. So does it have shorter or longer gear ratios?

I realized another car "the Diablo GT" has a very low top speed. I think it may be due to that the they decided to give it shorter gear ratios. Customers are supposed to have the option to choose different gear ratios in real life back then.

moxlox likes this.
  18. RichiPuppy

RichiPuppy

Shorter gears, it still is longer than the car needs so top speed shouldn’t be effected. I actually liked the former long first gear of the previous setup because it made first more useful on the track, but this definitely helps with acceleration from a stop.

moxlox and GhostChild like this.
  19. moxlox

moxlox

Do you have to re-buy the F40 to get the European gear ratios or does it change automatically in the one in your garage?

Anyone have a record of the F40 gear ratios before and after 1.11, they could post?

20. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

The grip hug was an undocumented change, correct? That should be listed as well

MadMax likes this.
  21. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

So glad they changed the F40s ratios, It already was terrible in GT6, It felt like the car would be able to reach Mach 1 if it had enough power :lol:

ThePotatoKing likes this.
  22. tofuhero

tofuhero

When did these red circle indicators appear next to the gear and speed display, which show proximity of other cars? I haven't noticed them prior to the latest update. If these show up in cockpit view, it'll make it slightly more usable in Sport races as we don't get the "shadows" in cockpit view.

[​IMG]

23. Dylan

Dylan Premium

They've been there since launch.

24. tofuhero

tofuhero

Thanks. Not sure how I've never seen those giant red circles before.

25. prescription7

prescription7

In GT League, after you win a race, at the bottom of the results screen, it now says "Wins for this race" instead of "Wins after this race." Both are confusing, syntax-wise, but I guess the update is a little clearer.

26. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

They‘ve been in GT6, too

27. Drcs

Drcs

Did you guys notice any nerf to the BoP of Cayman Clubsport? I’ve run some time trials yesterday at Dragon Trail, and loaded my ghost from 2 weeks ago - I was losing a lot of time in comparison to my previous performance, even on the first straight I’m losing more than a second... (other cars perform way better, and previously they couldn’t catch up with the Cayman).

28. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

Not really an undocumented change per se, but if you stop at the second Lesmos at Monza you can hear birds chirping in the trees!

29. baldgye

baldgye Premium

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that when taking race photos the little button prompt at the bottom of the screen is no longer displayed, making sharing easier.

Before after a second or two of taking s picture during a race from the bottom of the screen two button icons would fade in along with a dark shadow to highlight them. This no longer happens

30. Haitauer

Haitauer

Might be old news, but just noticed red dots on the penalty cell of the results sheet after a lobby race. Not all players an no-one had any penalty left at the end. Does this indicate who has had penalties during race? It was a 20min timed race i recall.