GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.11)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 189 comments
The online lobby weight setting/limit is finally fixed.
What was wrong with it ? I noticed it was a max weight limit before which made no sense . Did they flip it so now it's minimum weight settings, instead of max ?

They changed the sound of the AM V12 Vantage GT3, it sounds awful now!

And apparently they fixed the throttle imput on DS4, it's linear with how much you press the trigger now. It's soo much easier to handle high powered cars without it now!

Fuel capacity and consumption on Gr.1 and Gr.3 cars is confirmed, did testing today, ..will do Gr.4 tomorrow and update to the trhead...
I came on to check this, the Porsche 919 in the Mission 8/7 seems to have a doubled fuel capacity, you could practically go the full race without refuelling if you had the fuel at 6 the whole time.

The pit stops seem different now. I have not raced/tested a lot, but it seems like
A. The pit crew 'standing around stupidly' for a while has not occurred anymore
B. Pending penalties are unaffected by pitting
C. You get a nice summary of pit lane time + standing time

maybe I have just raced different tracks...
can someone confirm?

The Yellow Flag Penalty Issue (5sec penalty for overtaking the ghost) has not occurred in about 5 instances. Maybe it is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they've updated the swatch sample on the Performance Blue to match the dark blue it became after 1.10.

I was hoping they'd change the paint colour back to match the bright blue swatch, not the other way round!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the Discover menus seem to function better. Before the update, when you would look at a livery and then go back to the full list, it would snap you back to the top of the list. Now it puts you back to the livery you were looking at. Also, when you change pages, it brings you to the top of the page.

Not major, but a nice QOL change.

Never seen an icon of a pen when someone is writing something in sport mode lobby.

I had a good race with someone today and I said GG etc and I noticed a pen on his name and waited ( and also out of politeness in case it was to me ). It was to me and he said thanks back.

Never noticed it before, was it there before this patch?

And apparently they fixed the throttle imput on DS4, it's linear with how much you press the trigger now. It's soo much easier to handle high powered cars without it now!

Well if that's true, it would be why I'm not having trouble running the Bugatti in the Gr.1 races.

Can you be more specific?

Sure, no more massive understeer to try and get the car to turn in. Aaaand, no more massive snap oversteer the moment you do finally get it to turn in. Easy and responsive to subtle wheel rotation, easy to catch if I over-drift.

I first tried the Raptor rally in campaign mode and it felt pretty good much to my amazement. So I took the Evo rally car out and it was a blast to drive.

Can anyone give me a 2nd opinion on this? I'm shocked this isn't in the notes and no one else mentioned it before me :odd: Of course, to be honest, they could've fixed it in 1.10 for all I know since I didn't attempt any rallying during that update window.

Jerome

Sure, no more massive understeer to try and get the car to turn in. Aaaand, no more massive snap oversteer the moment you do finally get it to turn in. Easy and responsive to subtle wheel rotation, easy to catch if I over-drift.

I first tried the Raptor rally in campaign mode and it felt pretty good much to my amazement. So I took the Evo rally car out and it was a blast to drive.

Can anyone give me a 2nd opinion on this? I'm shocked this isn't in the notes and no one else mentioned it before me :odd: Of course, to be honest, they could've fixed it in 1.10 for all I know since I didn't attempt any rallying during that update window.

Jerome

It says in the patch notes that handling of cars in drift or dirt settings have been changed.

It says in the patch notes that handling of cars in drift or dirt settings have been changed.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the dirt so I can't say for sure. I ran the Gr.B Genesis last night and it sure feels good, no need to set the diff to 10/90 and brake bias all the way to the rear to get it to slide around the Sardine Windmills 👍

I've just find out that you get mileage points for every distance you drive even if it's not a race! I was in an online lobby & just driving around in free run! I haven't noticed that before!

I've just find out that you get mileage points for every distance you drive even if it's not a race! I was in an online lobby & just driving around in free run! I haven't noticed that before!
That's why there are people who do auto run online. For mileage points.

In arcade mode, even if you don't finish a lap in time trial for example, you'll still get points. It was always like this btw.

Back