GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.11)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 189 comments
In arcade mode, even if you don't finish a lap in time trial for example, you'll still get points. It was always like this btw.
Yeah.i know that but i was in a lobby just driving around & the race haven't started! Maybe i didn't noticed it before!

When you take a picture using photomode or scapes, the three options that used to stay on the bottom of the screen (zoom, back and save) are not present anymore. They just appear of you hit any key (as long as it's not X or Circle - these will immediately trigger its functions). This is nice for taking screenshots using the Share button. Previously, you had a small time frame to press it before the options appeared on the bottom of the screen and stayed there.

And now, there's always a little GT logo on the bottom left corner of every picture. These always appeared in saved photos inside the game, but not in those made with the PS4's native screencap option (these have a copyright notice on the botttom right). If you make a screencap using the Share button on the controller, you'll get both GT logo and copyright notice.

I just noticed yesterday something in Sport mode. The little colored squares alongside your id/car name are colored the same as the original paint even when you make a custom livery, unless your using livery created by someone else. Then it uses the base color/colors (or colours) of that livery. I discovered that when my Atenza Gr. 4 turned up with a pink square 👍

Not 100% sure about this one, but I think that the fuel consumption in driving mission 6-8 was changed (Lake Maggiore endurance). Before the update, I was going about 8 laps on fuel map 3, but after the update I was able to go 15 laps on a single tank on the same fuel map.

Not 100% sure about this one, but I think that the fuel consumption in driving mission 6-8 was changed (Lake Maggiore endurance). Before the update, I was going about 8 laps on fuel map 3, but after the update I was able to go 15 laps on a single tank on the same fuel map.
Pretty sure that is because of the new fuel tank sizes for cars.

I just noticed yesterday something in Sport mode. The little colored squares alongside your id/car name are colored the same as the original paint even when you make a custom livery, unless your using livery created by someone else. Then it uses the base color/colors (or colours) of that livery. I discovered that when my Atenza Gr. 4 turned up with a pink square 👍

Actually you can control what appears in those squares, just save the livery and set the colors infos correctly on the save livery menu.
If you download a livery and the user didn't set the colors, they'll still show the default ones.

The outside kerb on turn 8 of the Lago Maggiore - GP (end of 'S' section) has been readjusted as a result of the new variants added with this update. The changes allow you to take quite better advantage of the exterior when getting out of that turn, to the point that the exit has turned into 'flat out' on many cars which couldn't tackle it that way before.

Attachments

• photo_2018-01-29_14-46-41.jpg
    photo_2018-01-29_14-46-41.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 122
Hi.

Before the update I needed to go to arcade settnigs and add and remove tracks to play them in arcade mode.
After the update the arcade settings is gone, and Im stuck with only three tracks in arcade mode. Last night I wanted to do 2 player split screen on nurburgring, but that was not possible. Pretty cool to play with a wheel and a controller in 2 player.

TheCake

This is a documented change

Sorry if this was mentioned and I missed it, but when you refuel now the "Stop Refueling" button cannot be clicked until you get 1 full lap of fuel at the Nurb race. I don't know if it was like that before.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in previous undocumented changes threads, but replays from Maggiore that were recorded before the latest update now contain the changes that were made to the track.
That's because GT Sport doesn't actually save replay video. it saves the race data and replays them in real time so any changes made to the course itself will be present in even old replays. This is also why slight calculation problems can make for interesting results in replays(haven't seen any in GT Sport yet, but have in Gt 5/6).

When setting up a custom race, you can only set tire wear up to a max of x3 and fuel consumption to x2. It used to be all the way to x10 for both.

Okay I selected an N100 car and I get the usual x10. I don't remember it being class specific.

Edit: It's only Gr. 3 and Gr. 1 class. Everything else is normal.

I'm pretty sure they were white. I shut my eyes when I got today's workout since I didn't want to be disappointed trying to predict the wheel.
Haha. Surprise!

I looked on the YouTube and nearly all the videos were of white lit up platforms with red light from above. I did see one video where it was red lit platforms and a white light from above dated a few months back so it looks like it was like that before. Cars from Heaven and hell maybe?

When setting up a custom race, you can only set tire wear up to a max of x3 and fuel consumption to x2. It used to be all the way to x10 for both.

Okay I selected an N100 car and I get the usual x10. I don't remember it being class specific.

Can anyone confirm if this was the same before the patch?

A few of my uploaded decals that had issues after being optimized via svgomg now render correctly after the update.

nope it was up to X10 prior to the patch for GR1/3/4 and up to X 15 for N classes
Wow. Shady stuff. No mention of this in the official patch notes yet it's quite a big deal. Now we can't replicate any Race C if it uses Gr. 3 or Gr. 1 cars. It was nice to do one against AI just to see how things would go down before risking anything online.

I swear the tire heat indicator boxes around the tires are wider/larger/more noticeable. Anyone else think this is the case?

This only applies to the Nurburgring Nordschleife/24H tracks.
All other tracks remain at x10.

I can't tell you what these 2 tracks were before the latest update (because I didn't race there), but I recall most other tracks, regardless of class, were all x10.

That's nice. I'd like to just run some short Gr. 3 races there that still require fuel stops. Thanks video games...

That's because GT Sport doesn't actually save replay video. it saves the race data and replays them in real time so any changes made to the course itself will be present in even old replays. This is also why slight calculation problems can make for interesting results in replays(haven't seen any in GT Sport yet, but have in Gt 5/6).
You have a link??

Back