GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.15)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 182 comments
I mentioned before that the rubber marbles were added to Tsukuba, but don't see it listed on the changes. Though I guess at this point we should assume that every new track gets those. But why aren't they added to the existing tracks?

I see different opinions here and no one seems to be able to give a clear answer. But according to you just looking into the menu will solve everything. Great help !
Options -> Display Setup, choose between framerate or quality. Its magic :bowdown::crazy::D

edit: If you want to enable that ps4pro supersampling feature you have to activate it in ps4 system menue.
Settings-> Sound and Display-> Video Output Setup-> Supersampling Mode 👍

edit2: If you want activate the ps4pro boost mode.
Settings-> System-> Boost Mode 👍

Last edited:
Thanks for this ! Will try it out immediately tomorrow. Would be something if I am enjoying the game and graphics and it turns out to be even better !

Donk level max ;)

Options -> Display Setup, choose between framerate or quality. Its magic :bowdown::crazy::D

edit: If you want to enable that ps4pro supersampling feature you have to activate it in ps4 system menue.

Boost mode only works with non patched games right ? Or does it work with games that don't support supersampling by default ?

you don't need to do that, from the manual:

""Prioritize Quality" offers high picture quality using the same amount of visual information as 4K output (4K downsampling)"

GTS already have PS4 Pro support, Boost Mode works only on games without patch, e.g. Assetto Corsa

you don't need to do that, from the manual:

""Prioritize Quality" offers high picture quality using the same amount of visual information as 4K output (4K downsampling)"

GTS already have PS4 Pro support, Boost Mode works only on games without patch, e.g. Assetto Corsa
In older 2k tv, if one wants to use framrate mode the supersample clearly helps the antialiasing. It can be seen in driver's view quite clearly. The framrate/quality mode has to be switched on before the PS4 Pro supersample mode.

I can't believe that PD decreased tire smoke again,what a joke!
On the day of the update i took Viper GTS '02 on Tsukuba and holly hell it smoked when doing burnouts and going full throttle from standstill...
Just now I did the same thing only the smoke is again like on pre 1.15 its 70% less...
How is it possible to do that without another update?

I can't believe that PD decreased tire smoke again,what a joke!
On the day of the update i took Viper GTS '02 on Tsukuba and holly hell it smoked when doing burnouts and going full throttle from standstill...
Just now I did the same thing only the smoke is again like on pre 1.15 its 70% less...
How is it possible to do that without another update?
Its uhhh... its not. Not possible. Somethin' weird musta happened with your game.

Its uhhh... its not. Not possible. Somethin' weird musta happened with your game.
I'm not mistaken 100% smoke increase is what I wanted from the launch...
It was great first and second day only backfire was bugged and missing now it's disaster :boggled:

I'm not mistaken 100% smoke increase is what I wanted from the launch...
It was great first and second day only backfire was bugged and missing now it's disaster :boggled:

The way the GTS engine deals with backfires, sparks, and (i guess) smoke is very different than previous games. These all used to be static things that happened under the same conditions 100% of the time. Now the game handles them differently. For example, you can watch the same replay over and over again and sparks and backfires will not always occur at the exact same spot, and sometimes never at all. I assume smoke is similar and there may be a way for PD to adjust without a patch? Maybe it just needs some server input?

The way the GTS engine deals with backfires, sparks, and (i guess) smoke is very different than previous games. These all used to be static things that happened under the same conditions 100% of the time. Now the game handles them differently. For example, you can watch the same replay over and over again and sparks and backfires will not always occur at the exact same spot, and sometimes never at all. I assume smoke is similar and there may be a way for PD to adjust without a patch? Maybe it just needs some server input?
Probably but I know how happy I was firs time I saw all that smoke like in GT6 and now its gone...I took exactly same car,same tires and same track with same conditions!

Well it's depending on what you play...
I took it to time trial and boom,a lot more smoke is there,went back to race and it's cut more than half :confused:
I really don't know whats the problem performance wise I have PS4 PRO it should be no problem at all...

Last edited by a moderator:
A Scapes interior glitch at Mt. Cook is no longer available.
Ver.1.14
2C74D8A8-E671-4FED-9AA5-5240BE1CE7DF.jpeg

Ver.1.15
24BBDCCE-35A1-4972-AF62-3B76DFB4C555.jpeg

Last edited:
Gran Turismo SPORT server now doesn't save online race statistics.

previously the server saves the win number, pole positions, fastest laps, races finished...etc.

even though you lost your save data, the accomplished race records will be saved on server side.

Now all the data despite DR, SR,Driver level are saved only in the local save files.

edit: lost 26 races, 26 poles, 23 wins, 25 fastest laps, 956 miles driven and about 2,000,000 Cr.

In older 2k tv, if one wants to use framrate mode the supersample clearly helps the antialiasing. It can be seen in driver's view quite clearly. The framrate/quality mode has to be switched on before the PS4 Pro supersample mode.

yes, because enabling supersampling forces game into Quality mode. Framerate/Quality option is inactive (grayed out) and replays from external TV style camera is at 30 fps.

yes, because enabling supersampling forces game into Quality mode. Framerate/Quality option is inactive (grayed out) and replays from external TV style camera is at 30 fps.
Well it doesn't force because you can select Framerate mode beforehand and use it with PS4 supersample. Enabling PS4 supersampling greys the quality/framerate option out in GTS menu. Therefore that option has to be chosen first, before switching to supersample.

Well it doesn't force because you can select Framerate mode beforehand and use it with PS4 supersample. Enabling PS4 supersampling greys the quality/framerate option out in GTS menu. Therefore that option has to be chosen first, before switching to supersample.

I don't know how to write it more clearly, PS4 system supersampling does one thing = it says to the game that 4K TV is hooked up even if it's not and system does downsampling to real output resolution.
And GTS runs in "4K" mode when 4K TV is hooked up, which is the same as 2K Quality mode. You can't choose Framerate mode when you have 4K TV and options for 2K are inactive (grayed out). I've tested it today and it works exactly how expected.

I don't know if it's the right thread but the Daily Races and the Mileage Exchange items now update one hour later, maybe because in Japan they don't use Daylight Saving Time

No idea if this was already implemented, but it seems to me that now, when taking a Scapes shot, the driver is wearing the custom suit/helmet that we are using in our profile. I just noticed it now, may be old news...

- New powder option and darker black for decals in livery editor

The powder decal seems not to be a new element. It is the same as matte decal in previous version.
Now, "matte decal" is different from past itself, it has a little luster.

Back