GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.15)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 182 comments
I am just wondering: isn’t this arm way too long ? The FOV seems indeed changed.

POPUwhhU.png

YAY!!! First thing when I get home is take a bunch of pics of this little beast!
They fixed every car. Its just noticeable on those two models

Another change . Rubber marbles accumulate in Tsukuba.As for the N cars changing. the OP made it quite clear that changing car classes WITHIN THE RACE FROM THE QUICK MENU changes the class as well . Prior to this, the class would stay the same unless it was GRx/one make.

Last edited:
yes, they have fixed the Honda 2&4 too!

The gearbox is still really slow though. :/

- It is no longer possible to race in arcade mode with a car different from the class its racing with.

It's possible! But next time when you select a different car class from the quick menu, the opponent class will be the same as yours.

It's possible!

I just did the Blue Moon 15 lap race with an N400 KTM and can verify this. I don't know if I got lucky or PD improved things, but I was able to get a clean race and the AI did not try to kill me. I've completed 10 races in this event, and this was the first time they acted appropriately.

100% verified, the clean race bonus has been changed. You can now " touch" other cars without voiding the bonus. Prior it was zero contact . I lightly tapped a car when doing the 15 laps on blue moon and got my bonus, I then did a custom race where I lightly rubbed against a few cars on the first turn with Gr2. Still got the bonus.

100% verified, the clean race bonus has been changed. You can now " touch" other cars without voiding the bonus. Prior it was zero contact . I lightly tapped a car when doing the 15 laps on blue moon and got my bonus, I then did a custom race where I lightly rubbed against a few cars on the first turn with Gr2. Still got the bonus.

I've had sport mode races where I've been completed taken out with major contact, and still gone on to get a clean race bonus. I gained the 15 consecutive clean races award and in 2 of those races I was facing backwards on the opening lap.

So I'm not sure if anything has changed. Hard to tell though as you are discussing single player

Haven't seen it mentioned, but Tsukuba has the rubber marbles that accumulate.

I am just wondering: isn’t this arm way too long ? The FOV seems indeed changed.

POPUwhhU.png

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. It feels like I can see so much more in cockpit mode now and everything seems a bit stretched. Really what we need to do is compare with old videos though, because it could be placebo.

I have that. So that all goes automatically you mean ?

I have a Pro with a 1080p TV and I've tested this. Because Pro now has a system level option for supersampling it makes the in game selection for Prioritise Quality redunant.

From what I can tell if you select Prioritise Framerate and enable super sampling from PS4 Pro system setting you will get super sampling + 60fps replays.

More changes
- Willow Springs: big willow time trial, PD removed all billboards/ tents/ balloons ( pre 1.16)
- Suzuka GT league: Pd added Granturismo screen banners and crane lifts like the ones at dragon trail / absent in all other modes.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the tire model or FFB has changed as well... the tires feels more realistic with more flex... I can control more the power oversteer it is less snappy and more enjoyable than before (with 0 TC). Anyone heard/notice anything different there ?

I have not done much testing, but yeah, it seems that it is easier to control cars with TC 0 than before. Feels more realistic now. However, it is still not possible to fully rev the engine and get the wheels spinning from a standstill in 1st with powerful cars and TC 0. :/

In GT league it’s always been like this as far I can remember. When I first did GT league events I had a fair bit of minor contact and got the clean bonus. It’s maybe more linient now perhaps and you can hit a little hardr?

Mount Panorama (Bathurst) pitstops are cosiderably shorter. Pre 1.15 it took 40 seconds for a full fuel and tyres stop, while now it takes 26 seconds for fuel and tyres.

Last edited:
this is false, i had plenty of contact in grinding races offline and online and still got my clean race bonus. They may have tweaked it, but it was never "zero contact".

this is false, i had plenty of contact in grinding races offline and online and still got my clean race bonus. They may have tweaked it, but it was never "zero contact".
That's odd , I ran a clean race on the 15 laps of blue moon bay last week and lightly brushed the buggati on the last turn and got my bonus taken away .. now that doesn't happen .

From what I can tell if you select Prioritise Framerate and enable super sampling from PS4 Pro system setting you will get super sampling + 60fps replays.

weird, 60 fps replays are in when game renders at 1080p = Prioritise Framerate, so no supersampling.

Has Polyphony Digital fix the Toyota FT-1 yet? I remember seeing the rear of the car where you see the jaggies around the exhaust during gameplay, even though the car's graphics improve as soon as the photo mode camera is used.:odd:

Bug - After replaying Drift mode (same track, same car) a certain number of times (9 times for me), some of the sounds won't be played. The following sounds will not be played: points counting towards the drift section, audience reaction, selecting to move to the rewards screen, the rewards screen itself, Drift Trial menu (with start, replay, exit, etc. buttons). After exiting the mode, the sounds will come back, but will be muted out again if you go back to Drift Mode.
Yep, been experiencing this as well and noted it in the bug thread

Back