GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.23/1.24)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 152 comments
I noticed I had a bit more throttle control past 50%, can anyone confirm they adjusted the throttle linearity a bit?
No, I am absolutely positive they have not tweeked the unrealistic, unfun throttle mapping one tiny bit. That extra sense of control is coming from the new tyre model being a little more progressive is all.

Imho, with this new tyre model GTS would now be a much closer rival to AC (for example) and would properly deserve to be called a driving "simulation" if only PD would do the right and obvious thing and make it linear (or thereabouts) like just about every car on Earth is or has ever been.

Assuming that PD took the time and trouble to make power and torque algorithms for each of the cars in this game so we all have some semblance of an idea as to how that unique engine would operate in the real world, it seems nonsensical to me to have afterwards added this horrible over-arching mechanic that kills the individuality of every motor in the game.

Trust me, if car/bike manufacturers all inexplicably went mental overnight and adopted this type of mapping for their road/race vehicles there would be a lot more peeps on first name terms with their particular God going forward.

No, I am absolutely positive they have not tweeked the unrealistic, unfun throttle mapping one tiny bit. That extra sense of control is coming from the new tyre model being a little more progressive is all.

Imho, with this new tyre model GTS would now be a much closer rival to AC (for example) and would properly deserve to be called a driving "simulation" if only PD would do the right and obvious thing and make it linear (or thereabouts) like just about every car on Earth is or has ever been.

Assuming that PD took the time and trouble to make power and torque algorithms for each of the cars in this game so we all have some semblance of an idea as to how that unique engine would operate in the real world, it seems nonsensical to me to have afterwards added this horrible over-arching mechanic that kills the individuality of every motor in the game.

Trust me, if car/bike manufacturers all inexplicably went mental overnight and adopted this type of mapping for their road/race vehicles there would be a lot more peeps on first name terms with their particular God going forward.

Not all real cars have directly linear throttles tbf.

Because of the way a throttle body works it would never be truly linear... Just saying...

Not all real cars have directly linear throttles tbf.

Because of the way a throttle body works it would never be truly linear... Just saying...

Why it is that I said "thereabouts". GTS is not in the neighbourhood of "thereabouts" and I would sooner experience whatever the real deals throttle response is/was than PD's odd implementation slathered over the top.

Anyone else having an issue with the update notices showing up every time I start up GT sport ( never had this before the update ),ie the micro transactions splash screen and notices re latest update. Can’t figure out how to get rid of them I have turned off micro transaction option in my settings.

Suddenly after the update you have sometimes VGT cars in your grid when you do GT League races.

Today I already had the isorivolta (or how it's called) in the premium car league, and a Peugeot hybrid VGT in the 4wd challenge race.

Or was that already the case prior to the update?

Anyone else having an issue with the update notices showing up every time I start up GT sport ( never had this before the update ),ie the micro transactions splash screen and notices re latest update. Can’t figure out how to get rid of them I have turned off micro transaction option in my settings.

Yeah, I'm getting this too, & find it highly annoying.

:ouch:

Is anyone facing issues with downloading other users Helmets? I’m adding them to the Library but it’s not bringing them up when I try to wear them the helmets just not appearing. However they appear in my library as downloaded when viewing in the separate tab.... I can’t work it out and it’s frustrating me.

Why it is that I said "thereabouts". GTS is not in the neighbourhood of "thereabouts" and I would sooner experience whatever the real deals throttle response is/was than PD's odd implementation slathered over the top.

I think you nailed why GT sport feels completely boring and sterile and you should be commended for that. I have been trying for years to articulate why I could only play racing games for more than 10 min before I start falling asleep

I think all racing games fall flat because its very hard to convey the actual feeling of driving a 500hp car. There is no sense of g forces throwing you back into the seat, no sense of speed, and no game can get car sounds right. No matter how hard they try they just cant do it. So what you get instead is a poor imitation of what its like to drive an actual performance car with none of the excitement and adrenaline.

I have owned numerous cars over the years. One of the highlights was my evo 8 MR. It only had an exhaust and intake which made around 210kw at the wheels. That car would thrust you into the seat once boost came on and would be one of the most exhilarating and exciting drives ever. Try driving 300hp car in gt sport or even forza and tell me how exciting it is.

Until developers can figure out a way to simulate g forces or even improve the sense of speed then car sims will always be boring and sterile experiences.

I think you nailed why GT sport feels completely boring and sterile and you should be commended for that. I have been trying for years to articulate why I could only play racing games for more than 10 min before I start falling asleep

I think all racing games fall flat because its very hard to convey the actual feeling of driving a 500hp car. There is no sense of g forces throwing you back into the seat, no sense of speed, and no game can get car sounds right. No matter how hard they try they just cant do it. So what you get instead is a poor imitation of what its like to drive an actual performance car with none of the excitement and adrenaline.

I have owned numerous cars over the years. One of the highlights was my evo 8 MR. It only had an exhaust and intake which made around 210kw at the wheels. That car would thrust you into the seat once boost came on and would be one of the most exhilarating and exciting drives ever. Try driving 300hp car in gt sport or even forza and tell me how exciting it is.

Until developers can figure out a way to simulate g forces or even improve the sense of speed then car sims will always be boring and sterile experiences.
Maybe for you, but the races are more than speed

Try driveclub it has a great sense of speed for a game would argue it's probably the best for sense of speed.

This is why many serious sim racers with the means to do so spend tens of thousands of dollars on their racing rigs. Direct drive wheels, high end pedals, motion simulators, multiple tactile transducers run by specialty software, high end PCs, triple screens and/or VR. It's a very expensive hobby if you really want something that approaches what it's like to drive these cars, but the technology is definitely available and getting better.

About the reset of times / leaderboards in circuit experience.

I think its great the actually reset it. Wouldent make sense to have times set with a tire model that is not up to date.

Also if its true that its harder to get gold now, that is only good too, as it was a lot to easy before.

I'm using a T300 and had Torque on 3, Sensitivity on 2 and that felt quite good before the update. Now with 1.23 it feels much weaker. So they must have changed the FFB settings.
put sensitivity at max, but keep the torque low, in the G29 that gives it a "real"-like feeling.

edited: If you set max sensitivity and also max torque it will feel like you are driving a M1 Abrams at 200 mph, it will break your hands.

like just about every car on Earth is or has ever been

Cars have never been fitted with a linear throttle until the recent development of motorsport in the past 20-30 years, (that doesn't mean that you are wrong, the throttle map in this game is rubbish), just wanted to precise that cars, in general, do not have a linear throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the AI previously only take on enough fuel based on laps left in a race? Think I've always noticed them taking a full tank even if they have 2 laps left. Noticed in the GT League race that they only took enough fuel to finish the remaining laps.

Did the AI previously only take on enough fuel based on laps left in a race? Think I've always noticed them taking a full tank even if they have 2 laps left. Noticed in the GT League race that they only took enough fuel to finish the remaining laps.
They have always done that since Day 1 if it's a Lap limited race with Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption enabled. The AI will still fill up to full tank during a Timed race, even on the last few minutes.

I thought it was something I had done but had no idea what hopefully it will be sorted soon

Try turning off Micro transacations, in your profile go to options screen and there is an option to turn off Micro Transactions (buy cars from Playstation store), this should remove the reminder about buying cars from the store when you load up.

Is anyone facing issues with downloading other users Helmets? I’m adding them to the Library but it’s not bringing them up when I try to wear them the helmets just not appearing. However they appear in my library as downloaded when viewing in the separate tab.... I can’t work it out and it’s frustrating me.
Have you made sure that you have the exact model of helmet in your collection that the livery was designed for?

It's the same principle that you can add a Lamborghini Huracan GT3 livery to your collection, but if you only have the Gr.4 version then it won't be available for selection in the livery changer.

Try turning off Micro transacations, in your profile go to options screen and there is an option to turn off Micro Transactions (buy cars from Playstation store), this should remove the reminder about buying cars from the store when you load up.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I think it is probably a glitch/bug which means it will be there until we get the next bug fix or content update...

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I think it is probably a glitch/bug which means it will be there until we get the next bug fix or content update...

Or possibly until the store finishes activating for everyone, if it still appears after today then you can definetly put it down to a bug.

They have always done that since Day 1 if it's a Lap limited race with Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption enabled. The AI will still fill up to full tank during a Timed race, even on the last few minutes.

Ah ok, so full tank on time limited and just enough on lap limited?

I don't know, I'm pretty sure I was able to hold 80% throttle last night. Can't get 90% obviously but before I struggled to hold anything between 60% and full throttle. That said, I doing think it changed in 1.23, I think it came in a few updates earlier

The Lancer Evo Final Edition's name was changed to Lancer Evo.X.

DSC_2161.JPG

Have you made sure that you have the exact model of helmet in your collection that the livery was designed for?

It's the same principle that you can add a Lamborghini Huracan GT3 livery to your collection, but if you only have the Gr.4 version then it won't be available for selection in the livery changer.

Marky264, this worked?

Back