GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.23/1.24)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 152 comments
Rear view screen in the Gr.3 WRX has stopped flickering... and that actually makes me feel a bit sad.

The screen flickering gave the car more of a feel of being real, that there was actually something more to it, that it wasn't just a virtual shell. It made it feel like there were some actual cables in there that were not quite seated correctly, or that the screen or rear camera just didn't like being bounced around in a car with racing suspension. Now thats gone and with it a little bit of character.

...there have been changes to all three Gr.2 cars. Front suspension has been lowered for 5mm (0.2"), and rear aero has been decreased from 1050 to 1020, also fuel consumption is a bit worse (approx 1%), although MPG maybe suffering to the change of tire physics.

It appears the 787B's Banner can be painted. so far this is the only one I found to be able to do that.

Only painted, or can it be manipulated with decals? If so, this is good news...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rear view screen in the Gr.3 WRX has stopped flickering... and that actually makes me feel a bit sad.

The screen flickering gave the car more of a feel of being real, that there was actually something more to it, that it wasn't just a virtual shell. It made it feel like there were some actual cables in there that were not quite seated correctly, or that the screen or rear camera just didn't like being bounced around in a car with racing suspension. Now thats gone and with it a little bit of character.
That was actually a bug other cars in game have the same problem don't know if they still do though. The R18 2016 does it and it's very annoying.

I don't know if someone else noticed it, but the SR is a bit different now. I'm a D driver (not much spare time to level up) and I get into many dirty races.
2 weeks ago I was involved in a carnage with other 5 or 6 cars in Dragon Chicane and I got a lot of penalties and I went to SR B (Iwent for holidays and didn't play until the update). To compare, the first time I played (june) I got an S in 5 races. But to recover the S this time I needed much more than that. It has definitely changed (for good), now is harder to get an S in SR. Anyone noticed this?

Also, the penalty system has changed. I was rammed from behind at Suzuka, and out of the race but the divebomber didn't get a penalty, I'm seeing this a lot. The system is less punitive now.Anyone?

I don't know if someone else noticed it, but the SR is a bit different now. I'm a D driver (not much spare time to level up) and I get into many dirty races.
2 weeks ago I was involved in a carnage with other 5 or 6 cars in Dragon Chicane and I got a lot of penalties and I went to SR B (Iwent for holidays and didn't play until the update). To compare, the first time I played (june) I got an S in 5 races. But to recover the S this time I needed much more than that. It has definitely changed (for good), now is harder to get an S in SR. Anyone noticed this?

Also, the penalty system has changed. I was rammed from behind at Suzuka, and out of the race but the divebomber didn't get a penalty, I'm seeing this a lot. The system is less punitive now.Anyone?

What is your psn?

What is your psn?
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=6114912

but here you can see the number of days, not the number of races. If the system works by number of clean corners (like iRacing) perhaps they are counting less corners to give SR? Or maybe they are counting clean laps pnly. That would be awesome. The harder the better, I've been matched with A and B racers in Suzuka all Saturday (needless to say the racing was absolutely clean). Whatever they have done, I love it.

I've been disconnected twice while in the "waiting for player to get ready" screen, no DR losses either time. This is good, but is it also new?

Anyone else notice that the low res models are appearing much closer to your own car now? The high res models also disappear much sooner in the rear view mirror. Ruins the illusion IMO.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but in addition to the new track limits at Brands Hatch (which was a step backwards imo,) the tricky curbs in the chicane at Dragon Trail Gardens have now been rendered pointless... You can clip the very outer edge but the red sausage and beyond are now off-limits. The hairpin and the section that follows have stricter limits as well.

Why do they feel the need to fix things that aren't broken? 9 times out of 10 they're reinforcing track limits where there is no benefit to be had anyway, and then you get hit with 2 second penalties simply for going off line... Besides, we never exactly have any concerns with corner cutting to begin with!

On the bright side of things, I absolutely LOVE the physics/tire tweak and the addition of the marbles so good on them there the cars feel so much more natural and intuitive, and far more dynamic through the corners. It's incredibly rewarding when you get it right too.

Also, has anyone noticed an improvement in drifting with the new tire model. I haven't had time to slide around yet but I imagine it's much better now no?

Anyone else notice that the low res models are appearing much closer to your own car now? The high res models also disappear much sooner in the rear view mirror. Ruins the illusion IMO.

Trees at Nurburgring are dissaperaing much faster too, so much you can notice them despawning even if you're not actively looking at the mirror.

Why do they feel the need to fix things that aren't broken?

PD Motto.jpg

;) :lol:

Sticking two wheels inside the sausage curbs is a much faster way to do the chicane. IMO stricter track limits were needed there.
I've seen someone drive it like that consistently and is always much faster. Anyone else tries and when they get it slightly wrong they lose a huge amount of speed compared to him ahead. It's ridiculous and needed to be stopped. That's not how you drive a line.

I have the same issue with these oversized wide curbs. The hairpin at Gardens, the four curbs at the Dragon Trail Seaside bus stop chicane. It's as wide as a car and encourages people to drive not with the inside tires on the curb and the outside tires on track but the inside tires on pavement more inside than curb an the outside tires on the curb!

As it should be.

If curbs are not meant to be used then why have them in the first place?

I've seen someone drive it like that consistently and is always much faster. Anyone else tries and when they get it slightly wrong they lose a huge amount of speed compared to him ahead. It's ridiculous and needed to be stopped. That's not how you drive a line.

The "line" is simply the fastest approach through a given corner or set of corners. If one person can do it then so can anybody else.
"Straddling the sausage" is the faster line, but there's a big risk involved as well. Before you had the option of taking it safe or taking the chance and I was fine with that.
But now the curbs are just deceptively inviting and the margin for error is much smaller. Plus when you get it wrong you now end up on the roof AND get 2 seconds in penalties...
That's actually my main issue with most track limits. It's almost always just insult to injury 👎

why have them in the first place?
As a deterrent to running too wide to gain an advantage. It's a natural penalty instead of a 5 second or stop and go in the pits. That extra penalty you said you got is a problem in itself yes, but I don't do races with in-game penalties on so that doesn't affect me.

I'm not sure whether it's since 1.23 or 1.24, but you're no longer able to do a consumption race with the Racing Kart.

I tried to do a 10 times fuel consumption race with it, but I couldn't.

A quickie. Don't know if this was added in patch 1.23 or 1.24 or mentioned in another thread, but now custom colours used on the colour picker do save the coordinates if you save the livery and and revisit it later. From my experience they only work on colours and designs created after the download of these patches. They still do not however show up on the colour history straight away, but will once you apply the colour to your design and the colour history will remain if you go into other designs during that session.

P.s. in my opinion the quickest way to make a note of custom colours for use on other cars is to take a screen shot of the selected colour while you are in the colour picker.

Hope this was of some help to you all.👍

Last edited:
no 1.24 undocumented changes thread?

Waaaay late Know, but here's the answer.

I stick to the big content updates as those tend to be the ones more likely (and more often) to have those fixes. If any small updates like 1.24 do come out though, I'll just amend the threads and add the changes since they aren't big enough to warrant a entire new thread.

Last edited:
Yeah that's true I guess. I don't really understand the "they aren't big enough to warrant a entire new thread." part but that's probably because I'm not in your shoes! :sly::sly:

Back